Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 2 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-3*

Nice so it's open again. Should the info this week be tracked on the chart or do these days not count because they are preview days?

I think the vloggers were mistaken (not surprising). App says they're currently boarding groups 34 to 52.
I am not surprised if they were mistaken. They also had someone in their group saying the only alcoholic blue milk was at Oga's. (They were taking about GE at WDW having an alcohol option for the blue and green milk and someone said there wasn't. Alcoholic blue milk was only available at Oga's)

As we near April 30 (excitement!) I am working on some adjustments to the chart to incorporate the morning and afternoon distributions, and eliminating turnstile information since it is no longer necessary to be in the park to get the pass.

I assume that backup BGs are only distributed in the afternoon. Can anyone confirm how they do it at DHS? Assuming that is correct, I'm looking at the following chart format:

View attachment 570745

Looking forward to rising again on Friday!
It’s not really a backup group for the afternoon distribution. They are just splitting up the allotment to 2 drop times. Universal does this with their VQs when they operate (they do 4 drops throughout the day)

For reference, the vloggers I watched yesterday had boarding group 80 something, and they got on the ride in the early evening, maybe around 5?
Do you know if they got their boarding group at the 7am drop or at noon? Just curious how many groups they may have distributed with each drop.

Curious too! Is it better to try from the Home Screen or the virtual queue button?
Btw - they've changed everything since we last went through this.

The conventional wisdom on the WDW board is something like this:

1) Force close the app. (Doesn't hurt to clear the app cache if you can.)
2) Open a browser to time.gov
3) Open the app at 6:58am and have the Join Boarding Group button visible on the home screen.
4) Keep your eye on time.gov, and switch back to the app immediately before 7am.
5) At 6:59:59, hit the Join Boarding Group button.
6) Hit the Join buttons on the next three pages as fast you can. Don't even look at whether the right tickets are selected * - just go as fast as you can.

* The WDW app automatically selects the people who have valid park reservations that day - hopefully, the DL app will do the same thing.

I tested this out this morning in the DL app, and I would've gotten one had I had a valid Park Reservation. (The "success" screen for a test is basically "hey, you don't have a park reservation".)

The problem with the virtual queue page itself is that it seems to still be hit-and-miss - sometimes, pulling down to refresh works, sometimes it doesn't. (I think we had those problems in those first couple of months.)

EDIT: I blanked on which page was which. I don't think it makes a difference if you do it from the Home Screen or the Virtual Queues page itself - it's the Join Boarding Group page that's the problem. (I think most folks do it from the Home Screen.) Just don't hit Join Boarding Group until 6:59:59.

Last edited:
Since I haven't been paying attention and I already put the dates in and I'm just a little lazy... I'm going to save the chart for Friday. I'll see if I can play along at noon.

I was just reading a trip report on Facebook that said there was a glitch yesterday that made it so people with Park Hoppers who started their day in DCA weren’t able to get boarding passes at noon. Hopefully they resolved that by today.

Btw - they've changed everything since we last went through this.

The conventional wisdom on the WDW board is something like this:

1) Force close the app. (Doesn't hurt to clear the app cache if you can.)
2) Open a browser to time.gov
3) Open the app at 6:58am and have the Join Boarding Group button visible on the home screen.
4) Keep your eye on time.gov, and switch back to the app immediately before 7am.
5) At 6:59:59, hit the Join Boarding Group button.
6) Hit the Join buttons on the next three pages as fast you can. Don't even look at whether the right tickets are selected * - just go as fast as you can.

* The WDW app automatically selects the people who have valid park reservations that day - hopefully, the DL app will do the same thing.

I tested this out this morning in the DL app, and I would've gotten one had I had a valid Park Reservation. (The "success" screen for a test is basically "hey, you don't have a park reservation".)

The problem with the virtual queue page itself is that it seems to still be hit-and-miss - sometimes, pulling down to refresh works, sometimes it doesn't. (I think we had those problems in those first couple of months.)

EDIT: I blanked on which page was which. I don't think it makes a difference if you do it from the Home Screen or the Virtual Queues page itself - it's the Join Boarding Group page that's the problem. (I think most folks do it from the Home Screen.) Just don't hit Join Boarding Group until 6:59:59.
I also recommend, at least in the WDW app, clicking join from the home screen and going back a couple times before 7am or noon as it seems to cache the next page. It works better on iphone. Sometimes on Android, it still wants to reload the page.

This is different from before the shut down where you didn't want to click the next screen until go time.

Since I haven't been paying attention and I already put the dates in and I'm just a little lazy... I'm going to save the chart for Friday. I'll see if I can play along at noon.
This might be for the best - not sure today's going to be representative of how things will go on Friday.

I mean, it's 12:10pm, and if the Estimated Wait Time is legit, there's still a sizeable number of boarding groups still available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter