Rise of the Resistance...ride discussion (spoilers)

Now I’m trying to imagine what a First Order officer would say to a pregnant womano clearly can’t board the vehicle while staying in character seeing as they think we are just going to stand in a cell...”You there. You are clearly a First Order sympathizer. We will not interrogate you. Go this way.”
CM actually can't say anything to anyone even if they are clearly pregnant, it's the decision of each guest

This is probably a dumb question. I had avoided most ride discussion prior to riding on Thursday, so just catching up.

What exactly are you supposed to do in the big room with the Storm Troopers and big screen? Stop and look around? Keep moving? That space is massive.

Some people were stopping to take pictures, selfies, etc. I snapped a quick photo of DS with the Storm Troopers in the background but wasn't really sure if that was OK or if I should have been moving along?

This is probably a dumb question. I had avoided most ride discussion prior to riding on Thursday, so just catching up.

What exactly are you supposed to do in the big room with the Storm Troopers and big screen? Stop and look around? Keep moving? That space is massive.

Some people were stopping to take pictures, selfies, etc. I snapped a quick photo of DS with the Storm Troopers in the background but wasn't really sure if that was OK or if I should have been moving along?
Yeah it's to take pictures, you also have a ride vehicle you can hop on ands get a picture, they do try and move everyone along after a couple of minutes

Yeah it's to take pictures, you also have a ride vehicle you can hop on ands get a picture, they do try and move everyone along after a couple of minutes

Ha, thanks! I guess I totally missed the ride vehicle! Granted we were just trying to process everything so I wasn't clock watching, but it felt like they pushed us through pretty quickly... like less than a minute. That's what gave me the impression maybe stopping to take photos was more of a problem / slowing things down than not.

Seems like one definitely needs a few rides to really take in everything.

Ha, thanks! I guess I totally missed the ride vehicle! Granted we were just trying to process everything so I wasn't clock watching, but it felt like they pushed us through pretty quickly... like less than a minute. That's what gave me the impression maybe stopping to take photos was more of a problem / slowing things down than not.

Or just one ride where the line is backed up to the transport door and it takes 15mn to leave the hanger...

It's so massive with so many details, I didn't see Finn until my third ride

My other observation... maybe just unique to the people around us at the time, but why do guests feel the need to talk so much on a ride? We had some loud, chatty folks on that first part where you're standing up / flying in the ship (sorry, I don't know technical names). I really didn't catch much of what the pilot character was saying.

No issues on the rest of the experience though, just there it seemed. Again, likely unique to the individuals there at that moment I suppose.

In fairness, we also were in the FoP pre-show a few days ago with a group of 20-somethings who recited verbatim (and loudly) the entire narrative. I didn't want to be all "kids, get off my lawn" - but geez, it's a small space and you're impacting other guests!

My other observation... maybe just unique to the people around us at the time, but why do guests feel the need to talk so much on a ride? We had some loud, chatty folks on that first part where you're standing up / flying in the ship (sorry, I don't know technical names). I really didn't catch much of what the pilot character was saying.

No issues on the rest of the experience though, just there it seemed. Again, likely unique to the individuals there at that moment I suppose.

In fairness, we also were in the FoP pre-show a few days ago with a group of 20-somethings who recited verbatim (and loudly) the entire narrative. I didn't want to be all "kids, get off my lawn" - but geez, it's a small space and you're impacting other guests!
I hate when people recite the spiel, happens all the time at HM

it's a small space and you're impacting other guests!

I think its a problem with a lot of people not caring about others only themselves these days. the past week:
- people cutting thru to catch up to someone in front of the line, in the past the person in front would wait and Let other go in front
- one person had to facetime during Priates of the Caribbean while her teenage girls used the phone light to shine each other
- people having to hold up there phones to video record without considering there is someone behind them.

OK, this has been on my mind since riding. (sorry if it was mentioned elsewhere in thread). When you board to shuttle to leave Batu - you expect the next phase of the experience to be on the opposite door in the shuttle, but it's the same door you entered through! It blew my mind.

OK, this has been on my mind since riding. (sorry if it was mentioned elsewhere in thread). When you board to shuttle to leave Batu - you expect the next phase of the experience to be on the opposite door in the shuttle, but it's the same door you entered through! It blew my mind.

Yep, I was ever so surprised! I figured it was motion in place like the elevators at Men in Black and Gringotts at Universal. I also made the mistake of looking only forward and so didn’t see us being pulled onto the destroyer. I was rather confused by the talk of a tractor beam etc. The second time I looked both ways and told mom to do the same.

I didn't want to ask this in the Boarding Group thread with no spoilers, but don't see it being discussed in here. What ride element/elements were not working yesterday?

I didn't want to ask this in the Boarding Group thread with no spoilers, but don't see it being discussed in here. What ride element/elements were not working yesterday?

I don’t know the technical name - but the transport ship... the one where you’re standing up with that one character in the front and screens in the back. (Terrible explanation, I know!)

Here’s an explanation using real names: https://blogmickey.com/2020/01/gues...f-show-scenes-at-rise-of-the-resistance-today

I didn’t want to say this on the other thread, but it seems like a pretty egregious workaround to me (in my humble opinion). Not sure if they gave people FPs or another opportunity to ride, sort of hoping they did.

OOh that's weird. Seems like they just should have gone 101 with the attraction if it wasn't working.

I would be pretty upset if they skipped the briefing and transport flight on my first ride, and irritated on subsequent rides considering what it takes to have the chance to experience it. It’s an essential part of the experience. How do you explain why you’re suddenly on a Star Destroyer that is in space? It’s not like other preshows that may set up the attraction a bit; it is part of the attraction. They should inform people that a significant part of the attraction is down, without spoilers, and offer guests the option to either ride now or accept an anytime fp.

I would be pretty upset if they skipped the briefing and transport flight on my first ride, and irritated on subsequent rides considering what it takes to have the chance to experience it. It’s an essential part of the experience. How do you explain why you’re suddenly on a Star Destroyer that is in space? It’s not like other preshows that may set up the attraction a bit; it is part of the attraction. They should inform people that a significant part of the attraction is down, without spoilers, and offer guests the option to either ride now or accept an anytime fp.

Agree. That is personally my favorite part of the attraction. Being rushed from the briefing room with Rey onto the ship, and then being captured and ending up on a star destroyer. It blew my mind the first time.

In the room with the AT-ATs - I *think* on our first ride we ended up going up an elevator, getting fired at by the first AT-AT (guns in the "head") and seeing Finn freeing us, and on our second ride we stayed at floor level and went out by the feet ... is that possible that there's the possibility of that much difference in the ride? (I seem to remember other ride vehicles on the floor when we were going up that ended up staying on the floor and leaving the room a different way, but there was so much to take in, I'm wondering if this is even a false memory.)

The CMs are amazing. The first time, especially, I think it may have been Dylan, who kept engaging us in staring contests and barking out remarks like calling me a coward for using my 4yo as a "human shield" (she was standing in front of me in our line). We were dying.

6) Once in the vehicles there are two different tracks, one goes face to face with the probe droid, then to the front of the AT-AT - the other goes behind the other car for the probe droid, then the side of the AT-AT. Both side get to see Finn on the floor behind crates as he is talking to you (front of AT-AT look left, side look right).

The AT-ATs shouldn't move. They were in a storage hangar on the ship. And they DID fire. Right at us LOL! But unless you were on the transport that went up the elevator directly in front of the first AT AT you may not have experienced that. We rode 3 times and were never in the transport that went up the side of the second ATAT.

!! So I'm not misremembering! Very cool.

I feel very lucky now that we got "one of each" the two times we rode.

I think this is the right thread for my question. We'll be having to get a rider swap for RotR. I'm told the 2nd group uses the FP line and misses "stuff" in the queue. What is missed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter