• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rivers of Light worth it?

I enjoyed it more than Fantasmic or Illuminations. My girls (11 and 8) said it was beautiful and considered that it might be better than Wishes (let's not get carried away here...probably some recency bias).

We (12 year-old son & I) really enjoyed Rivers of Light. It was better than I expected it to be.

I enjoyed it more than Fantasmic or Illuminations. My girls (11 and 8) said it was beautiful and considered that it might be better than Wishes (let's not get carried away here...probably some recency bias).

Better than Wishes? Did you pull up an adoption file on your phone and threaten them?

I kid, I kid :rotfl:

Hi! Is it hard to get a FP to it? We will not be able to get our FP's until the night before. Thanks!
One plus is that we are going the first night of the new show at MK, so maybe everyone will be over there instead of at AK where we will be.

I enjoyed Rivers of Light but it was just missing an oomph of a finale. It had some great imagery and ideas and the Lotus fountains were great but just fizzled out. I was at Animal Kingdom solo and was able to get a FP just a few hours before the show. Although this was likely because it was just me, it is possible to get a last minute FP.

Hi! Is it hard to get a FP to it? We will not be able to get our FP's until the night before. Thanks!
One plus is that we are going the first night of the new show at MK, so maybe everyone will be over there instead of at AK where we will be.

It's one of the more difficult ones. It's usually gone by 30 days out

World of Color (original) in California Adventure is my standard for a great water show. While ROL is nice, it just didn't have the emotional impact for us as something like the World of Color. I'd say go and watch it yourself, but you most likely won't be super amazed.

We make sure to enjoy WoC each trip 'out west' :) but it is seriously a looong time standingm even for those without any sort of mobility/standing in one place type of issues. after an already full park day, to need to hold down a piece of prime turf to see the show can be daunting prospect. Btw - I'm good, no need to suggest dinner pkg options/DAS accommodations to me, :thumbsup2talking in general as in older population etc. standing for hours in one spot is tough.

At least there is seating for RoL.:banana: I had no issue booking FP for May, bonus points to snag previews of Pandora.

Booked Tusker House pkg for July 4th trip w/GD, figure after dealing with MK & EP FW it will be very nice to know we have a 'reserved' spot with a much shorter wait time.

Q re the FP line though and how the regular crowd is released 15 minutes prior. Realistically, if we don't really care 'where' we are sitting in the reserved area, will arriving to the check in 20 minutes prior be ok?

We make sure to enjoy WoC each trip 'out west' :) but it is seriously a looong time standingm even for those without any sort of mobility/standing in one place type of issues. after an already full park day, to need to hold down a piece of prime turf to see the show can be daunting prospect. Btw - I'm good, no need to suggest dinner pkg options/DAS accommodations to me, :thumbsup2talking in general as in older population etc. standing for hours in one spot is tough.

Those that dont like standing and dont want to pony up the dough for the upcharge for the dessert party to have a bistro table seat can do what I do while I wait-sit my tired booty on the ground and I dont stand up until the show is starting.

Those that dont like standing and dont want to pony up the dough for the upcharge for the dessert party to have a bistro table seat can do what I do while I wait-sit my tired booty on the ground and I dont stand up until the show is starting.

I feel you lol

Did read DL curtailed the sidewalk saving dramatically this year. Thought it quaint how people would put a blanket down hours early and have a picnic of sorts. Guess too many went with the flow and it became a pedestrian hazard of sorts:confused3

We're doing it for the first time in Aug with a dining pkg. Not a chance that I'd wait 60-90min for it... or any show, really.

On the bright side wrt expectations, it's GOT to be better than JB... we had a dining pkg and I STILL feel like we wasted all of that time. :sad2:

Aw man :( I was expecting mixed reviews but it seems everybody was underwhelmed! Nobody yet has said they loved it.

I'm glad I came across this thread. I wasn't planning on fp but I'm surely not waiting an hr plus for it.
Guess fp is it, 13 people as young as 3

We enjoyed it. It's no WOC or Fantasmic, but I'm glad we watched. The benches were also nice after a long day.

Aw man :( I was expecting mixed reviews but it seems everybody was underwhelmed! Nobody yet has said they loved it.
We really enjoyed it. I am not sure I can say love it. I loved parts of it. The dancing water from the floats was great. The dancers are really lost on their floats. Not sure there was much point in having them since they are pretty difficult to watch. And sadly, the water screens are lacking. They don't meet in the middle (or didn't when we went, not sure if that's the norm or not) so you loose lots of the details. But for the parts that did work well, the lotus floats and the water, I loved it.

ETA - We did a Tiffins DP. We got there about 30 min before the show and got very good seats. We were planning to eat at Tiffins anyway so in the end it ended up being cheaper than had we just dined there. And we had the best server. I love how Tiffins really plays up repeat customers. We got a custom note signed by all the staff

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter