Riviera murphy bed fell off of the wall

It’s a different Murphy bed in the 1 bedrooms. They have support legs. They were scratching up the floor in the model room.
The Murphy be in the one bedroom does not have any type of support legs. We are in a 2 bedroom lock-off right now, which is a one bedroom and a studio combined.

Deluxe studio with Murphy bed and day bed.

I love a good Hyatt Resort, and that’s what this feels like to me. It doesn’t feel like DVC to me, so I wouldn’t want to pay DVC pricing for it. We’ve stayed at every wdw DVC except GF, and Riviera just doesn’t do it for me. I don’t like the bathroom configuration, with 3 guys and me, I want my own sink. :). And while the location is convenient, I prefer beach and boardwalk in similar location but with more Disney feel/atmosphere. That’s all. Glad there are some who love RR, I’m just not among them. I hope they all stay at their home Resort often so I can enjoy the other DVCs that are more to my taste.
We love the feel of the resort. My husband travels a great deal for his job and does not think that this feels like a Hyatt at all, just have to agree to disagree on that. I really feel like it is a well themed Disney resort that is more elegant than some of the other resorts.

I think that a part of the layout difference for us is that we never stay in a studio. I bought into DVC years ago in order to have a kitchen and a washer and dryer in the unit. Now that my kids are teens, we are mostly booking a 2 bedroom so that they have their own bed. I will most likely never stay at BWV because there are no dedicated 2 bedrooms there and they still have sofa beds there.

It really comes down to family dynamic and preferences. We own at 3 resorts and really enjoy them all!

The Murphy be in the one bedroom does not have any type of support legs. We are in a 2 bedroom lock-off right now, which is a one bedroom and a studio combined.

They must have changed it from the model I saw in the spring. I even looked at a blog with pictures this past week that showed the legs in the model.

They must have changed it from the model I saw in the spring. I even looked at a blog with pictures this past week that showed the legs in the model.
It would be a little funny if the beds all had support legs when installed and some idiot just removed them because they were scratching the floors and that’s why they’re pulling out from the walls.

Deluxe studio with Murphy bed and day bed.

I love a good Hyatt Resort, and that’s what this feels like to me. It doesn’t feel like DVC to me, so I wouldn’t want to pay DVC pricing for it. We’ve stayed at every wdw DVC except GF, and Riviera just doesn’t do it for me. I don’t like the bathroom configuration, with 3 guys and me, I want my own sink. :). And while the location is convenient, I prefer beach and boardwalk in similar location but with more Disney feel/atmosphere. That’s all. Glad there are some who love RR, I’m just not among them. I hope they all stay at their home Resort often so I can enjoy the other DVCs that are more to my taste.

I totally understand :) Our favorite resorts are Epcot resorts (we've only stayed at Boardwalk and are hoping to stay at BCV next trip). And regarding the sink situation, I would def need my own as well! I have noticed some of the refurbishments at Value and Moderate resorts with the bedding and decor seem bland...not as Disney-fied. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Was she or he injured?
Not really sure, but I don’t think too bad. Poster was the couple’s aunt who was relaying the info.

Attachments

• 9A59D5CE-4FB1-4877-9112-C10DA2157840.jpeg
    9A59D5CE-4FB1-4877-9112-C10DA2157840.jpeg
    99.3 KB · Views: 131
  • B60FBB5D-A4BE-4FB8-A658-2774B76A1BBB.jpeg
    B60FBB5D-A4BE-4FB8-A658-2774B76A1BBB.jpeg
    84.8 KB · Views: 133
  • 08D28B55-04F4-4C0A-BE1F-19CA4C347BC7.jpeg
    08D28B55-04F4-4C0A-BE1F-19CA4C347BC7.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 133
Thanks for posting the links. I find these incidents troubling. So many kids are in the families that go to Disney. Falling beds is not what we usually worry about keeping our kids safe from. Hopefully Disney has a handle on this. I bet the resort is pretty full of guests.

Started reading this topic and I see this on page 3. Placement ads are everywhere these days.460145

Apparently one of the queen wall units fell down on someone sitting on the couch, according to a FB post.
So it seems like the Murphy bed didn’t fall down but rather the unit opened up. Or at least that’s how I read the posts. This will happen likely because the unit wasn’t shut all the way before sitting on the sofa (the way they work is as you pull them down the sofa seat goes lower, so if not shut all the way it will create the system to start lowering the bed as sit on the sofa pushing the seat lower). These have existed in many hotels and this incident really I personally say is likely user error not knowing the bed wasn’t shut all the way (though that user error might be caused by a lack of education/knowledge on how they work).

So it seems like the Murphy bed didn’t fall down but rather the unit opened up. Or at least that’s how I read the posts. This will happen likely because the unit wasn’t shut all the way before sitting on the sofa (the way they work is as you pull them down the sofa seat goes lower, so if not shut all the way it will create the system to start lowering the bed as sit on the sofa pushing the seat lower). These have existed in many hotels and this incident really I personally say is likely user error not knowing the bed wasn’t shut all the way (though that user error might be caused by a lack of education/knowledge on how they work).
I didn’t say it fell down. I said it fell down ON. I know it is hard to describe exactly what happened, which is why I posted the screenshots. It took the OP some attempts to describe it accurately.

I was going to say opened onto, but it sounds weird I think in English? And it doesn’t really fit. I didn’t want to use crush because that would have been gross exaggeration. I did my best. Maybe flopped open onto would have bebetter.

It seems like no one on this site can relate any news without some newer poster jumping in and accusing others of ganging up on RR (not you personally) and it has made posting here an exhausting mental exercise of “If I say that will it offend/can it be interpreted as...”. Too much effort. It’s not quite as bad here as on FB, but just ugh. Again, I am not saying this to you personally it’s just a kind of stream of consciousness letting —> this is precisely what I mean.

If anyone cares, the water turned off in this couple’s unit snd they were transferred to YC. Just opening week kinks to work out, but I think they’d had enough

We’re staying in a RIV 1bdr in 1.5 weeks and will be sure to make sure the bed is secure to avoid this from happening. We’re familiar with these types of beds from other (non-Disney) resorts. In our experience, it’s also important to not close it up with all of the blankets, pillows, etc. tucked inside. Added bulk can keep the bed from fully closing.

I didn’t say it fell down. I said it fell down ON. I know it is hard to describe exactly what happened, which is why I posted the screenshots. It took the OP some attempts to describe it accurately.

I was going to say opened onto, but it sounds weird I think in English? And it doesn’t really fit. I didn’t want to use crush because that would have been gross exaggeration. I did my best. Maybe flopped open onto would have bebetter.

It seems like no one on this site can relate any news without some newer poster jumping in and accusing others of ganging up on RR (not you personally) and it has made posting here an exhausting mental exercise of “If I say that will it offend/can it be interpreted as...”. Too much effort. It’s not quite as bad here as on FB, but just ugh. Again, I am not saying this to you personally it’s just a kind of stream of consciousness letting —> this is precisely what I mean.

If anyone cares, the water turned off in this couple’s unit snd they were transferred to YC. Just opening week kinks to work out, but I think they’d had enough
Oh yeah sorry I didn’t meant to imply what you were saying but more explaining my take on the situation to explain how it might have happened.

Thing is on opening night you should be able to have a whole family jump on it without it collapsing. I know people disagree and think you can just smack a 200 lb limit on it.

This is Disney and this should have been over engineered. This is likely something I would install in a office for an extra bed when we have guests.
I doubt that Disney engineers the murphy beds. I assume they buy them as a product from a Hotel Furniture manufacturing company. I doubt they designed them themselves.

Having a resort where beds are falling off the wall, or even falling open on people because of “user error” in a resort that caters to families with young children seems really really really problematic to me.

Don’t ever go on a Disney Cruise if you find this problematic. Those beds fall down at the touch of a pin if they aren’t latched properly. It was an issue when we went on the cruise. We learned a lot about Murphy beds that trip after a few mishaps...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter