Riviera Rooms with a View

SV studio 8669. I had one request and that was to be on a higher floor. They originally put me in 6369, which is on the third floor. I expressed my disappointment and they relocated me. I’m glad because I would mot have wanted to look into the weird gravel pit next to the mechanical area. From the 6th floor it’s a bit ugly but it’s not in my face like it would have been on the 3rd floor.

Photos later!

Last edited:
SV studio 8669. I had one request and that was to be on a higher floor. They originally put me in 6369, which is on the third floor. I expressed my disappointment and they relocated me. I’m glad because I would mot have wanted to look into the weird gravel pit next to the mechanical area. From the 6th floor it’s a bit ugly but it’s not in my face like it would have been on the 3rd floor.

Photos later!

We requested "1. Skyliner review 2. Upper floor" and we were originally put on floor 2 behind the splash pad with zero skyliner review. Didn't enter the room so like you I asked if anything else might be available and we were moved to an available room fitting requests.

This was after being at CC only requesting "away from lobby" and being put into literally the first room off the lobby on the floor. We did not request a change there. We understand room requests aren't guaranteed but the two requests vs. actual were hilariously different.

Also photos coming later!

We got a little pixie dust for our first welcome home trip and got upgraded from a standard view to a preferred view studio! This is room 8466, east wing.

Attachments

• 20210522_130325.jpg
    20210522_130325.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 108

We were assigned room 8615 - had deluxe studio - preferred view. But after looking at the map we could tell that wasn't at all the view we were hoping for (faced "skyliner" - like if you craned your neck- and the parking lots), and they switched us at check-in to 8342 which we loved.

Last edited:

Apologies for bringing up an older thread, but I have skimmed through this one and I'm still not sold on our decision.

So help me out here. We've got a 1-bedroom preferred room booked for March 2023. My only requests are a higher floor and fireworks view. Should I switch this to a standard view? Which is going to give me a better shot at a fireworks view at EPCOT? We booked preferred because we had the points, but I'm not sure it's the best chance to get the fireworks view. We're only staying 3 nights because we've got a split stay booked....coming to Riviera from our other home resort, Poly.

I chatted with Member Services last week and she put the requests on our reservation (third floor, lake view for Poly too) but didn't really have a recommendation on standard vs preferred for Riviera.

Apologies for bringing up an older thread, but I have skimmed through this one and I'm still not sold on our decision.

So help me out here. We've got a 1-bedroom preferred room booked for March 2023. My only requests are a higher floor and fireworks view. Should I switch this to a standard view? Which is going to give me a better shot at a fireworks view at EPCOT? We booked preferred because we had the points, but I'm not sure it's the best chance to get the fireworks view. We're only staying 3 nights because we've got a split stay booked....coming to Riviera from our other home resort, Poly.

I chatted with Member Services last week and she put the requests on our reservation (third floor, lake view for Poly too) but didn't really have a recommendation on standard vs preferred for Riviera.
just got back from a trip to Riviera and our "preferred" view looked at the skyliner station and parking lot. I will never waste my points on the preferred view there again. The "preferred" views there just aren't that good.

Another vote for SV! We were in 8731 in Jan. 2020 and loved watching Illuminations from our balcony!

Loved ours last month, 8844.
You had the best preferred view one can get! This is what I'm hoping for in November.

I've had the Skyliner station view also and liked it. But we like to see the Skyliner because DH loves it. Also, nice greenery and fountain. You have to be very close to the tower studios to see any parking lot, and that won't be the majority of the view.

I like standard for the point cost, but the view of the parking lot not do much. But we also like to be in the parks for fireworks to get the full experience, so the standard view don't have that other draw for us that many like to have.

I like standard for the point cost, but the view of the parking lot not do much. But we also like to be in the parks for fireworks to get the full experience, so the standard view don't have that other draw for us that many like to have.

This is very true! We tend to be back in the room by fireworks time...unless I am with people who haven't been in a while...so its a great thing. But, the PV is a nice option when I know its just me and I want to do a studio...then the point difference is fine!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter