Road Trip!

Good! If it would make you happy I could repost that same thing when I get home Monday night as an official post-trip report ... or I could even do it from my Blackberry while I'm sitting by the pool (as long as it doesn't interfere with my drinking). ;)

I don't want you to spill your drink on your Blackberry. Best to just leave the report until you get home. :rolleyes1
Last summer I had my phone wrapped in my pool towel. DS got out of the pool, grabbed the towel, and sent my phone flying. (In his defense, he wears glasses so when he got out he couldn't see.) My phone kind of smashed on the ground and was never quite the same. I don't take my new phone to the pool.

Even before I lived here, I didn't book in advance. And when we travel now, (to other Disney destinations) we rarely do.

Just not our style.

And the expectation is on your side. She never promised to be your trip report slave, only to update you when she could/felt like it.

Personally, I'd much rather know if she got the results of her blood test back more than I want to see pictures of what they ate for breakfast.

You people with no plans give me chest pain. :sad2:
I think my expectations are perfectly reasonable.
I am absolutely wishing the very best for her test results. But I wouldn't hound her for that.
I will, however, hound for pics of what she had for breakfast. It's a trip report, you know. ;)

Oh by the way Wally, I cleaned your red jeans.

Do you want me to ship them to you, or just hold on to them for your next trip down? :cool2:

Do you want me to ship them to you, or just hold on to them for your next trip down? :cool2:

Did you even get the mickey bar stains out of the knees? :eek:

Hmmm, this is getting good! We've got Mike behind the dumpster, Wally's jeans getting dirty and video of the whole thing. popcorn::

I love how you guys keep yourselves entertained while I was being dragged around WDW... :rotfl2:

I will do my best to get this back up and running tomorrow... I have to get organized... I have some pictures uploaded to my laptop at home, some are already on photobucket, and the rest are still on the camera... I am not sure I even know which way is up right now... I need to make sure I get them all on the same page so I dont go deleting any before uploading them... :scared:

Hey Jenn!!!

Hope you are having fun getting back to "life!" Thanks again for the discount card, so you will be getting $50 bucks back from Disney, Jon and I did upgrade while we were at the MK!

Im so beat, I know you are too!!!!

tap, tap, tap (that is my foot, tapping as I wait for you to do you TR!)

Get crackin woman....get off of FB and get to work!:lmao:

tap, tap, tap (that is my foot, tapping as I wait for you to do you TR!)

Get crackin woman....get off of FB and get to work!:lmao:

:rotfl2:

She is the Facebook queen isn't she?

Honey it's Facebook, not Twitter! :rolleyes:

Pipe down you two! :upsidedow

Facebook is soooo much easier to use from my iphone than the DIS... When someone makes an iphone application for the DIS, I will be one of the first to download it! :snooty:

:rotfl2:
Anyway... Just got two days worth of pictures up onto Photobucket...

Will be updating my TR the minute I post this reply.

Thursday, July 2....

We had an ADR for breakfast at the Tusker House... after the loooonnnnnnggggg walk across multiple continents... (I just made that up, but it could be true... I don't know AK that well... did I "cross" multiple continents to get to Tusker House? Eh, Whatevah!)...

We finally got to the restaurant... After having the obligatory "horrible picture that we are going to try to force you to buy midbite" picture taken, we headed inside... It was pretty snazzy in there!

We sat down, ordered some juice/coffee and headed to the buffet once we were sure we were not going to miss any characters...

It was a pretty typical breakfast buffet. Breakfast is my absolute favorite meal (at any time of the day) so I loaded up. I refuse to show you THAT plate... but will show you this one:

DSC02975.jpg

I Love Mickey Waffles....

Mickey came by and took his picture with Nelson:

DSC02976.jpg

My picture with Mickey came out horrible. I always feel so rushed through my pictures with the characters....

Anyway, breakfast was yummy... nothing earth shattering, but yummy...

I think I am finally "outgrowing" :laughing: the character breakfasts. I do love getting the pictures with them but I think one per trip should do it until we have kids that will love it!

Then Goofy made an appearance:

DSC02988.jpg

<insert wiseguy comment here>

We realized we had a little time before needing to leave to get my bloodwork :headache: done... so we checked on the Kilimanjaro Safari... there was only a 10 minute wait, so we decided to go for it since this was our first time ever in AK! :scared:

I took some decent pictures, but there was a pair of little hands from the other side of the seat that kept on getting in the way. Next time kid; you = lion food! :laughing:

DSC03004.jpg

Giraffes are so cool! I think with the exception of the domesticated bunch, giraffes are my fave animal!

DSC03018.jpg

I found the heffalumps....

And my personal fave picture:

DSC03029.jpg

I do love the "not in a zoo" feeling. No visible cages for these animals... how do they do that?

On the way out of AK, we spotted these two guys:

DSC03034.jpg

and Miss DeVine:

DSC03035.jpg

DSC03039.jpg

Then we headed out to go get my bloodwork...

I am going to do a separate post about having drinks that night with some familiar faces... I don't know how many pictures the DIS will allow me in one post....

Yay!!! Jenn's back and on the ball! (snicker)

Since I am not a morning person I never eat "breakfast" but the sweet roll looks yummy.

I'm on the fence about AK, I don't love it but I don't hate it either...though I have curses for that EE ride that my Mom forced me to go on.....:headache:

After my bloodwork, we decided to hang out in our room since I was extremely frustrated with the lab over the projected wait time on my bloodwork and the back and forth phone calls I had with my Dr.'s office back here... :eek::mad::headache::furious:

We had a hot date with a couple of the DIS' finest that evening at the Turf Bar...

It was really nice to meet Rob and Mike. Nelson and I had a great time!

The Turf Bar was nice, we originally had a dinner reservation that night but changed it to Saturday night b/c we had some counter service credit we wanted to use.

A couple minutes in to us getting there... this showed up...

DSC03044.jpg

OMG! The calamari was incredible!!! Yup, those are Rob's fingers in that shot!

A certain somebody was MIA when it became picture time (;)) but I did get this one:

DSC03046.jpg

All too soon, it was time to head out. I was very happy to have had the chance to meet Rob and Mike!

As I mentioned earlier, we had some counter service credits we needed to use up before Friday at midnight... on Rob and Mike's suggestion, we hit up Sunshine Seasons at Epcot...

DSC03047.jpg

I took this shot as we entered the park... I love the moon against the huge golf ball!

DSC03052.jpg

So many choices... Hmmm...

DSC03048.jpg

DSC03050.jpg

Please dont ask me to remember what we both ate for dinner.... it was good though...

We both had the

DSC03051.jpg

for dessert and were both upset that we could not finish it... we were too stuffed... The cake was so moist and yummy!

We bopped around Epcot for awhile then headed back... I took this picture just outside our room at SSR:

DSC03053.jpg

That is all for now...

Hope you enjoy the pictures....

:lovestruc

I'm on the fence about AK, I don't love it but I don't hate it either...though I have curses for that EE ride that my Mom forced me to go on.....:headache:

I think that is how I feel about AK too... dont love... dont hate...

I did love EE and Kali River Rapids....

I didn't go on that day b/c I was banned from roller coaster type rides in case I was pg...

But, we did go on the next week... I had soooo much fun... maybe I will scan those pictures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter