Road Warrior Poll: How far did you drive to get to Disneyworld/Disneyland last trip?

How many miles did you drive (one way) to get there?

• 0-50

Votes: 17 14.8%
  • >50

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • >150

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • >500

Votes: 34 29.6%
  • >1000

Votes: 51 44.3%
  • >2000

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
We are just under 1000 miles. We did the trip in June and while we loved Buc-ee's the non-stop drive was too much for us. My children were so excited when I said never again they recorded me promising to fly from now on so that if I get the itch to drive they can remind me of my commitment to fly.

We used to drive all the time when the kids were younger and have fond memories. But now that the kids are older nobody is willing to stop and make it a two day trip anymore, since everyone can drive, it won't be happening for a long time.

For our longer stays we drive from NC. 562 miles. Bring lunch. Quick rest stops. About 8.5 hours
Last time we did GOTG VQ from the house, drove down and went on the ride. They are very chill with lare arrivals.

Just a little over 700 miles, from TN, plus whatever exits are taken for breaks, etc.
we always drive, have never flown as a family to Disney.

Just a little over 700 miles, from TN, plus whatever exits are taken for breaks, etc.
we always drive, have never flown as a family to Disney.
Nashville area here!

maps says 690 miles to ssr from house. We have drove last two trips. Leave 3am, stop at the Burger King in Byron Ga around 8am. Eat and kids run around on their pretty huge outdoor playground. Drive into Florida and grab lunch. Hit Disney around 3pm to 4pm. Roughly 12 hours total.

We split it up on way back. Make it to Warner robbins and get a hotel for the night. Pretty decent area, quite a few hotel options and restaurants. Leave there the next day and hit whatever bucees is the last one in north ga. Make it home sometime that evening.

350-400mi from DL, 6.5-7hr drive with charging stops and some LA traffic.

Just at the fringes of the where flying tempts us instead of driving. Door-to-door for flying is closer to 4.5-5hrs, but the extra 2hrs of trip is worth it to not have to vigilantly stick to a schedule, bring some groceries, bring some seriously heavy pillows (that only fit in checked luggage), etc.

From central Texas, it is a little over 1,100 miles to WDW, or a little over 1,300 miles to Disneyland. I guess we're at a good midway point. Sometimes we drive, and sometimes we fly. When driving, it is 2 days each way to WDW or DLR. And now that several Buc-ee's have Superchargers, we'll stop at them while we charge up.

Drove from the Boston area this past May and we decided to take our time since we're seniors and there is one driver. So 2 sleepovers in Fredericksburg VA and Santee SC and Santee and Alexandria VA on the return.

We're doing the same in December but with stops with 2 nights in Fredericksburg and one in Savannah and then Florence SC and Alexandria VA on the return trip.

I have to say we do catch up on a lot of things when traveling this way but I really don't like that drive from MD thru VA very much. There are always road accidents which equal delays. This past Spring we sat in traffic for 3 hours just north of Baltimore. I always cross my fingers and offer up a little prayer going through there.
Do you ever consider taking the DelMarVa peninsula route? We started doing that and like it. It adds distance, but it's scenic and laid back. Still gets us to Santee for night 2.

Our trip from North Dakota is 2100 miles one way. My wife and I are retired and we take our time making this trip. We live in a beautiful country and enjoy the journey. Because of the driving distance we have a nice extended stay in Florida.

Nashville area here!

maps says 690 miles to ssr from house. We have drove last two trips. Leave 3am, stop at the Burger King in Byron Ga around 8am. Eat and kids run around on their pretty huge outdoor playground. Drive into Florida and grab lunch. Hit Disney around 3pm to 4pm. Roughly 12 hours total.

We split it up on way back. Make it to Warner robbins and get a hotel for the night. Pretty decent area, quite a few hotel options and restaurants. Leave there the next day and hit whatever bucees is the last one in north ga. Make it home sometime that evening.
Hey neighbor! our map said 702 miles to BWV, we're in Williamson Co. I'm impressed you can get going/on the road at 3AM. I think the earliest we've ever managed to get on the road is 8:00 AM. Most recent years, we've left on a Friday, after the kids get home from school, before a school holiday, and often stop on the way, somewhere in GA. Last few trips, made it in a day, leaving on a weekend morning. Now that there are 2 Buc-ees along I75, have to work in stops there.....and as always, deal with Chattanooga and Atlanta traffic, and sometimes Waze rerouting us somewhere off road, adding some miles. We almost always make the drive back in 1 day though, getting home after midnight. every once in a while we'll take the route through Alabama. I prefer that route personally.
We have a trip in a few weeks, and hoping for a smooth drive. Hope y'all do too on future trips!!

Hey neighbor! our map said 702 miles to BWV, we're in Williamson Co. I'm impressed you can get going/on the road at 3AM. I think the earliest we've ever managed to get on the road is 8:00 AM. Most recent years, we've left on a Friday, after the kids get home from school, before a school holiday, and often stop on the way, somewhere in GA. Last few trips, made it in a day, leaving on a weekend morning. Now that there are 2 Buc-ees along I75, have to work in stops there.....and as always, deal with Chattanooga and Atlanta traffic, and sometimes Waze rerouting us somewhere off road, adding some miles. We almost always make the drive back in 1 day though, getting home after midnight. every once in a while we'll take the route through Alabama. I prefer that route personally.
We have a trip in a few weeks, and hoping for a smooth drive. Hope y'all do too on future trips!!
Yea the 3am start is a little rough on me that first day, but its Disney so I power through. We do Sunday to Saturday stays, so we leave that Sunday morning at the 3am. Best part about it to me is the kids just sleep through until we stop for breakfast, second best part is pretty much zero traffic running through Chattanooga and Atlanta.

We go to Destin every year for our beach vacation, also leave at 3am, cause again sleeping kids is great. We hit Destin around lunch time leaving then. Also basically no traffic. Drive back is always awful with traffic though, same as Disney :P

When I was a kid growing up in PA, twice we drove 2500 miles each way to Disneyland. As an adult in L.A., we once flew to visit family in the DC/VA area, then drove 900 miles to WDW. Most often, though, I drive 50 miles from the San Fernando Valley to DL.

Drove to the airport and got on a plane. The 1100 mile one way trip was fine when I was in my 30's, not so much now that I'm double that.

We used to make the round trip every year, but started flying a few years ago. We're from Pittsburgh and it is almost exactly 1,000 miles each way. Length of trip was usually 15 hours +/-. More times than not we would drive straight through but occasionally would stop 1/2 way in South Carolina.

about 380 miles to Disneyland, Takes us about 6 1/2 hours with stops. I hate it so boring.

We only fly to WDW

Drove to the airport and got on a plane. The 1100 mile one way trip was fine when I was in my 30's, not so much now that I'm double that.
Exactly! We used to live elsewhere, 20 hour drive, and did it in 2 days routinely. But preferred to fly to maximize time at WDW!

It’s just under 1000 miles whether we take the Cape May -Lewes ferry, or we drive from Cape May NJ.

We take two nights on the road. One is around Wilson NC, and the other around Santee or Brunswick GA.

We like to stop here for seafood!
https://www.bandjssteaksandseafood.com/menu

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter