RoFR back??

It goes to your assertion that "Real estate agents are just now realizing it’s not May 2022" and "Agents are delusional. They’re just now realizing 7-8% mortgages cannot possibly work on 2022 housing prices. DVC is competing with all of this". That, and your single supporting example with some idiot broker failing to understand the local market and grossly over listing (by what appears to be over 60%). Home prices here are still going up, regardless of mortgage rates, and people are still offering over list.

Anyway, as Sandi said, this isn't a housing market thread. I'm out.
Hahah, ooookay.

Not sure what game we are playing but this is not a stripped contract 150pts at $130pp
https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/...s-bay-lake-tower-at-the-contemporary/6056413/
Yeah, I don’t either.

BLT has been selling for mid-120s recently with regularity. I’m sure offers are being accepted for lower. It’s been a steady decline. May 2021 it was $195-200 for the cheapest BLT listings. Now it’s substantially lower.

I just don’t see ROFR being a factor with Disney paying Comcast whatever the price tag is for Hulu—essentially a streaming service that won’t make any more profit for Disney. $10 billion? $20 billion? Then there’s no content pipeline with writer/actor strike.

Doubtful how, why, or where Disney will get the cash to speculate on ROFR contracts with interest rates where they are and the consumer struggling. But I’m sure that’ll usher in more “it’s all relative” cringe… I’m looking at rules, not exceptions. For whatever reason, some believe exceptions are the rule. I see Disney restaurant reservations wide open. But I’ll be countered with someone not able to get Californian Grill for a table of 5 at 6 PM on a Friday, missing the point.

It is a 160 point contract

February use year
Yep, I agree. But Apparently it was a 750 point for $124 with zero points until 2025 that was seriously considered..

Ends up it was 750 points for $142 loaded with 1500 points this year, 750 in 2024, and 750 in 2025.

Minor details missed when buying DVC. 🤣

Yeah, I don’t either.

BLT has been selling for mid-120s recently with regularity. I’m sure offers are being accepted for lower. It’s been a steady decline. May 2021 it was $195-200 for the cheapest BLT listings. Now it’s substantially lower.

I just don’t see ROFR being a factor with Disney paying Comcast whatever the price tag is for Hulu—essentially a streaming service that won’t make any more profit for Disney. $10 billion? $20 billion? Then there’s no content pipeline with writer/actor strike.

Doubtful how, why, or where Disney will get the cash to speculate on ROFR contracts with interest rates where they are and the consumer struggling. But I’m sure that’ll usher in more “it’s all relative” cringe… I’m looking at rules, not exceptions. For whatever reason, some believe exceptions are the rule. I see Disney restaurant reservations wide open. But I’ll be countered with someone not able to get Californian Grill for a table of 5 at 6 PM on a Friday, missing the point.

Can you please provide the data if where you are getting that there have been a lot of sales in those ranges?

I used DVC Resale Market and Fidelity sales numbers and they are not even close to that..plus the data here

So, just curious where you are getting the data to support the $120s?

Yeah, I don’t either.

Not saying that is a one-off cherry-picked deal, however, the first few contracts on the fidelity site seem to indicated the median price is closer to $$$145

but maybe I'd doing eye rolling math

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-04 at 4.42.03 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-04 at 4.42.03 PM.png
    214.9 KB · Views: 12
Can you please provide the data if where you are getting that there have been a lot of sales in those ranges?

I used DVC Resale Market and Fidelity sales numbers and they are not even close to that..plus the data here

So, just curious where you are getting the data to support the $120s?
********** Listings website. Past two weeks there have been 4 contracts listed at the same time $124-127, with only the $124 stripped remaining now.

Yep, I agree. But Apparently it was a 750 point for $124 with zero points until 2025 that was seriously considered..

Ends up it was 750 points for $142 loaded with 1500 points this year, 750 in 2024, and 750 in 2025.

Minor details missed when buying DVC. 🤣
Apparently, You didn't see where I posted the listing,
but I understand, you not wanting facts to get in the way

If you want to go back to post #426, and take some time to read it, all wait for your retraction!

Not saying that is a one-off cherry-picked deal, however, the first few contracts on the fidelity site seem to indicated the median price is closer to $$$145

but maybe I'd doing eye rolling math
Current listings. 24 listings sub-$140. I don’t really care above that because a $150 or $170 BLT is irrelevant when I have plenty of options. If we had this discussion a week ago, there were 3 more in the mid $120s. Wait a week or two and you’ll see 3 or more listed again.

But I think I’m done discussing it with all the unwarranted boasting.

Removed the info from filtered site.

Current listings. 24 listings sub-$140. I don’t really care above that because a $150 or $170 BLT is irrelevant when I have plenty of options. If we had this discussion a week ago, there were 3 more in the mid $120s.

But I think I’m done discussing it with all the unwarranted boasting.
So does this mean you aren't going to retract the false statement you made about me ?
Shocking

********** Listings website. Past two weeks there have been 4 contracts listed at the same time $124-127, with only the $124 stripped remaining now.

So you are basing it on 3 sales? To me, that doesn’t represent an average selling price. There will always be outliers.

When I see that the large brokers begin reporting averages in the 120s, then I can support that is a true average.

But, I do think lack of ROfR…to bring this to the thread..has helped these lower contracts sell and no question the average is trending down for most resorts, including BLT.

On a side note, I fixed the link and your post. It’s a filtered site and you can’t bypass that by being creative or share screen shots from the site.

Apparently, You didn't see where I posted the listing,
but I understand, you not wanting facts to get in the way

If you want to go back to post #426, and take some time to read it, all wait for your retraction!
I did see that post. And I went back to it and I’m like “uhhh…yeaaah???”

I have a hard time believing someone seriously considering a 750 point contract mixed up whether it had 0 points, or 2,250 points, before 2025.

I did see that post. And I went back to it and I’m like “uhhh…yeaaah???”

I have a hard time believing someone seriously considering a 750 point contract mixed up whether it had 0 points, or 2,250 points, before 2025.
I think you confused yourself.... again!
I never said it no points before 2025, you did....

I only said I saw it listed for 129 and 143.....

But again, you want to look at outliers to make your point.

Ok I'll wait, and see. If you're right it will save me 25K...

So you are basing it on 3 sales? To me, that doesn’t represent an average selling price. There will always be outliers.

When I see that the large brokers begin reporting averages in the 120s, then I can support that is a true average.

But, I do think lack of ROfR…to bring this to the thread..has helped these lower contracts sell and no question the average is trending down.

On a side note, I fixed the link and your post. It’s a filtered site and you can’t bypass that by being creative or share screen shots from the site.
Not just 3 sales; those are 3 in the past 2 weeks I’ve been casually watching. But it’s where the frontier is being pushed, and those are pushing it. 8 months ago anything at $140 was bought. As you can see, $130 is sitting, and mid-120s are being bought.

DVC is, to a degree, a commodity. So if someone overpays and buys a $150 BLT due to lack of information, I don’t have that drive my decision making. While rarer/undersold use years have a unique aspect, by and large I’m looking at where contracts are being moved somewhat quickly. It’s at $120s, not $130s and up.

I can buy 23 BLTs, low to mid points, at $130-139. They arent moving. No buyers. That’s not where the market is. It’s in the mid $120s

I think you confused yourself.... again!
I never said it no points before 2025, you did....

I only said I saw it listed for 129 and 143.....

But again, you want to look at outliers to make your point.

Ok I'll wait, and see. If you're right it will save me 25K...
Last I’ll say on the subject.

Read post #417. Read what you quoted, and what you replied to.

Rhetorical—but does anyone seriously mistake a stripped contract for one loaded with 2,250 points? I mean, it’s only money, right?

And a difference of no stay vs. a week at peak season in a 3 bedroom theme park view, with hundreds of points left over.

Not just 3 sales; those are 3 in the past 2 weeks I’ve been casually watching. But it’s where the frontier is being pushed, and those are pushing it. 8 months ago anything at $140 was bought. As you can see, $130 is sitting, and mid-120s are being bought.

DVC is, to a degree, a commodity. So if someone overpays and buys a $150 BLT due to lack of information, I don’t have that drive my decision making. While rarer/undersold use years have a unique aspect, by and large I’m looking at where contracts are being moved somewhat quickly. It’s at $120s, not $130s and up.

I can buy 23 BLTs, low to mid points, at $130-139. They arent moving. No buyers. That’s not where the market is. It’s in the mid $120s

Well, people are buying the thr 130s to 140s since we have evidence here and through the large brokers.

But, as I have always said, the $120s would sell fairly quickly if sellers are at that point.

The last two months have gotten some resale buyers to go direct to get the VGF deal. You have to wonder how much that impacted some of the sales at BLT, PVB, and VGF

It’s still strange to see ROFR for some VGF contracts and I didn’t think we’d see any return of it at all, even a few here and there.

ETA. I did just do a few checks and some of the contracts in www.dvcsearch.com that appear to be sitting there, show sale pending on the broker sites. So, I wonder how often these sites update things?

Last edited:

Ok, That website has 200 listings for BLT 20 of them as sub $130, and most are a LOT higher..... The median price was $160

Sure, 10 percent of the market are low because, death, divorce, or job lost. 10 percent is still in the category of outlier.....

Even with all those outliers factored in the median price is nowhere near what you claim.....

I understand why you don't care about the $150 to $170 dollar contracts....... They make you look bad.... They disprove your premise.....

I wish I could choose to disregard the bills I don't want to pay, as easily as you disregard fact.....

Last I’ll say on the subject.

Read post #417. Read what you quoted, and what you replied to.

Rhetorical—but does anyone seriously mistake a stripped contract for one loaded with 2,250 points? I mean, it’s only money, right?

And a difference of no stay vs. a week at peak season in a 3 bedroom theme park view, with hundreds of points left over.
I did, it was a different contract.....

I NEVER said it was stripped....

I did say I believed it was the 750 point contract I was looking at, because that contract has been on the market a while.... and LARGE contracts are hard to sell...

But yes, it is only money..... about 100k

Between that and the resale restrictions, I haven't wanted to pull the trigger.... Maybe if you are right, and it is such a huge contract, I'll get it for sub 100

Ok, That website has 200 listings for BLT 20 of them as sub $130, and most are a LOT higher..... The median price was $160

Sure, 10 percent of the market are low because, death, divorce, or job lost. 10 percent is still in the category of outlier.....

Even with all those outliers factored in the median price is nowhere near what you claim.....

I understand why you don't care about the $150 to $170 dollar contracts....... They make you look bad.... They disprove your premise.....

I wish I could choose to disregard the bills I don't want to pay, as easily as you disregard fact.....
$150-170 isn’t the market. It’s like looking something up on eBay seeing it listed for $1,000 and 0 bids, but seeing the recently sold with multiple bids and multiple listings closing at $100.

$150-170 isn’t the market. It’s like looking something up on eBay seeing it listed for $1,000 and 0 bids, but seeing the recently sold with multiple bids and multiple listings closing at $100.
So much for "Last I’ll say on the subject."

And we can agree to DISAGREE

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter