ROFR Thread April - June 2017 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You did not see the new post with all the info. I was trying to just post it once I heard back as not to jinx it and being superstitious. However, I think that they are taking this one as well since most that submitted on 3/17 have heard back, and I still haven't. The same thing happened last time. They are slower to let you know when they're taking it which just seems wrong to me. :( This one is a different UY. I like that you threw a theory out there about Easter/Passover crowds. I throw them out as well. I am just being whiny. I'm sure my official post with the info will be up within a few days so that I can move on. This will be the second one they've taken from me. I'm not willing to pay more than I think they are worth though. Apparently, Disney likes my negotiating skills. Maybe I should start charging them commission on finding the deals! :scratchin

:)Well, a lot of February UY have passed, and the ones that were taken seemed to be June UY, so I'm hoping yours will pass this time too. I agree, it sucks that it takes them longer to take it than to pass.

In case anyone wants to see the data on ROFR for March including the specific contracts taken (from just one broker), unfortunately mine was one of them:

https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/blog/dvc-right-of-first-refusal-rofr-march-17/

In the month of March, Disney exercised their right of first refusal (ROFR) on 19 of 252 contracts sold through the DVC Resale Market, representing 7.5% of the contracts sold. This lowers the year-to-date buy back rate to 10.6%. Despite the drop, the 2017 buy back rate is still more than 2x that of the 4.4% buy back rate of 2016. In March, 92.5% of contracts were waived by Disney and year-to-date the waiver rate is 89.5%.

Oops, I apologize. Thanks! Pangyal was just testing to see if we were paying attention. Only she can fix it; I'm sure she'll fix it as soon as she's back from whatever DVC villa she's at this week.

50/50 chance it passes. You never know!
I do work occasionally, you know.

CLARKSDAD---$85-$11120-125-AKV-Dec-0/16, 113/17, 12/18- sent 4/3. It looks like the seller planned a trip and borrowed points, then decided instead to cancel it and sell. I tried to get them to pay closing costs, but caved in since we really wanted AKV, Dec UY and the market was drying up. The point amount is also exactly what we needed so I figured it was worth it. My son will be 1 and a half by then... hoping for good things from ROFR. Good luck to all!

I'm also new to all of this, so apologize in advance if something is mis-formatted.
Good luck!

Mr awesome---$78-$16536-200-AKV-Feb-0/16, 0/17, 200/18, 200/19- sent 3/20, passed 4/4

Second one this year! Wishing everyone who is anxiously waiting like I was, a quick ROFR. Disney can be heaven when you are there but waiting for Disney to refuse is Hell.
Congratulations :flower:

GG23---$112-$30090-250-BLT-Mar-0/16, 500/17, 250/18, 250/19- sent 3/20, passed 4/4

So excited - just got word that DVD passed on our contract. First time DVC members and excited to have so many points to start off!
You will have SO much fun with those extra points! Congratulations :flower1:!!!

I completed the form but have not been able to post the string. I apologize for posting here. Will you please post the string in the correct place?

Thank you so much!

Disneydreams01---$134-$14491-100-VGF-Apr-0/16, 3/17, 100/18, 100/19- sent 04/01/2017 waiting
Best of luck :flower1:

TexasChick123---$100-$21195-210-BLT-Oct-0/16, 104/17, 210/18-Seller pays CC's and '17 MF's, Buyer Pays Fidelity Admin Fee- sent 3/17

Come on Disney. Go ahead and send me the notice that you're taking this one like I know you're going to so that I can get my deposit back please. :/ I know they read these boards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter