ROFR Thread April - June 2017 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to those that maintain and post to this list. It is a great source of information for finding the best deal.

Secondly, for those that are looking for an add-on, don't give up! I was starting to think a decent add-on was never going to come thru for us. I found the price premium for small contracts to be more than I wanted to spend and whenever a good small contract was posted, I was too slow to respond. I was seriously considering giving up on finding a small contract and instead selling my 200pts of BWV in order to buy 250-300pts at OKW or WL which were priced better and didn't get snapped up so quickly.

But I finally found a contract that matched almost exactly what I wanted and responded quick enough to get it. It is the same UY as our existing. It is at WL which is one of our favorite resorts (now that most of the construction is over). It is a slight premium over larger point values but I'm happy with it. The seller hadn't banked their 2016 points and it was past the deadline, so we made the offer assuming that both the banked 2015 and existing 2016 were lost. We really lucked out when the seller contacted member services and MS allowed them to bank the 2016 points even though it was past the deadline.

Anyways, here are our details:

jnsma---$88-$4123-40-BRV@WL-Aug-29/15, 40/16, 40/17, 40/18- sent 6/29
Good luck! That's a lot like ours. Fully loaded August BRV with 2015 and forward points. Ours passed 11 days ago. Still wating to receive and sign the contract. Hoping to get points by first of August to book March.

Actually, I used the link to generate the string LOL

Really? What device (windows, mac, android, iphone, etc.) and browser (safari, internet explorer, firefox, chrome, etc.) did you use, if you don't mind my asking? It should have removed the comma and told you the total was wrong :) I guess you found another bug (if you really did use it, that is... ;) )

I just read another forum post stating Disney technically gets longer than 30 days depending on your expected closing date. They have to be given notice atleast 30 days before your closing date. We submitted our contract and it got sent out 6/5 and still haven't heard back, so I did some digging during the painful waiting time. Our expected closing date is September 18th so Disney legally has until august 20th to decide!!! Normally they don't take that long but they could. So maybe people not hearing back as soon as others has more to do with the expected closing date and how Disney prioritizes the incoming contracts.

I just read another forum post stating Disney technically gets longer than 30 days depending on your expected closing date. They have to be given notice atleast 30 days before your closing date. We submitted our contract and it got sent out 6/5 and still haven't heard back, so I did some digging during the painful waiting time. Our expected closing date is September 18th so Disney legally has until august 20th to decide!!! Normally they don't take that long but they could. So maybe people not hearing back as soon as others has more to do with the expected closing date and how Disney prioritizes the incoming contracts.

That is correct. However, they usually let you know within the 30 days. My closing date is listed as 9/9/17, or 3 months out from the original contract date, and I found out in 18 days. Just hang in there. Waiting is brutal, but you'll probably know by the 30 days. Some pass at 30 days exactly. I would have to imagine there are a lot of people who have to sign off on buying back through ROFR since it involves putting up money, so it takes longer. I honestly think some are flagged for further review, and some higher level people must sign off on it. That can be yay or nay, but it's an extra step, and thus, takes more time.

I cannot believe that I am posting this. It passed. :cool1: If someone at DVD read my posts about my frustrations, THANK YOU! I wasn't joking when I said I was swearing off buying anymore DVC points anywhere because I was so angry about it. Also, my home warranty company came out and fixed my AC. Even though it is dying (17 years old), we are keeping it alive for now! We have international sellers, so hopefully we get this thing closed within the next few months! Just a refresher, this was Round 5 of trying to buy BLT, so you never know. :jumping1:party:

TexasChick123---$100-$20700-200-BLT-Jun-0/17, 214/18, 200/19- sent 6/9, passed 6/27

Oh. My. Gosh!!
Great news, finally! I was really pulling for you and at such a great price I bet you are over the moon. So happy for you!
:dancer:

Grats! Almost similar to the contract that I am waiting for ROFR on, except that is stripped and it got sent out on 6/16. Hopefully we hear the same results! Which broker did you use?

Thank you! And congratulations to you as well! I was worried about mine passing since it was a loaded contract, but perhaps Disney isn't really taking VGC anymore. We are working with Bonnie at Fidelity and have been really pleased so far. Which broker are you using?

Finally decided to take the leap.. After numerous discussions with the wife we decided to go big at Animal Kingdom... One of the main reasons we chose Animal Kingdom was for the great value you get for your points. It is an amazing resort and we take a lot of trips with extended family where the extra room will come in handy.. We are hoping that we will get to stay at some of our other fav resorts using the points, but we are more then happy to stay at Animal Kingdom.. Was a little more then we wanted to pay per point.. But compared to some sites who are asking 95+ I think it was a good deal.. Hoping to pass ROFR... Wish us luck...

FearThisInc---$85-$37594-400-AKV-Dec-0/15, 0/16, 400/17, 400/18- sent 6/26
Best of luck :)!

I cannot believe that I am posting this. It passed. :cool1: If someone at DVD read my posts about my frustrations, THANK YOU! I wasn't joking when I said I was swearing off buying anymore DVC points anywhere because I was so angry about it. Also, my home warranty company came out and fixed my AC. Even though it is dying (17 years old), we are keeping it alive for now! We have international sellers, so hopefully we get this thing closed within the next few months! Just a refresher, this was Round 5 of trying to buy BLT, so you never know. :jumping1:party:

TexasChick123---$100-$20700-200-BLT-Jun-0/17, 214/18, 200/19- sent 6/9, passed 6/27

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I think everyone on this thread feels as these emojis below portray:

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

:dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance:
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

Congratulations. I originally held off my thoughts until the passing. Didn't want to jinx you. Or wipe egg off my face.

But I thought it would. :)

When you posted originally, you added two key words that helped in your situation.

International seller.

They take longer, and Disney may not want to deal with the hassle.

Again, congratulations.
We are international sellers and we have gotten our documents in before the buyers every single time 8-).

Thanks to those that maintain and post to this list. It is a great source of information for finding the best deal.

Secondly, for those that are looking for an add-on, don't give up! I was starting to think a decent add-on was never going to come thru for us. I found the price premium for small contracts to be more than I wanted to spend and whenever a good small contract was posted, I was too slow to respond. I was seriously considering giving up on finding a small contract and instead selling my 200pts of BWV in order to buy 250-300pts at OKW or WL which were priced better and didn't get snapped up so quickly.

But I finally found a contract that matched almost exactly what I wanted and responded quick enough to get it. It is the same UY as our existing. It is at WL which is one of our favorite resorts (now that most of the construction is over). It is a slight premium over larger point values but I'm happy with it. The seller hadn't banked their 2016 points and it was past the deadline, so we made the offer assuming that both the banked 2015 and existing 2016 were lost. We really lucked out when the seller contacted member services and MS allowed them to bank the 2016 points even though it was past the deadline.

Anyways, here are our details:

jnsma---$88-$4123-40-BRV@WL-Aug-29/15, 40/16, 40/17, 40/18- sent 6/29
Nice contract- good luck :)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter