ROFR Thread April to June 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
WE PASSED!!! And, an update to the sent date. I originally posted as 6/1, but that was the day my broker placed it in the mail (she's a little old school like that). Disney got it on the 4th.

Hammer22---$137.5-$22375-160-BCV-Mar-0/17, 0/18, 160/19, 160/20- sent 6/4, passed 6/28

Just curious...anyone out there had to go 4+rounds of ROFR before they finally got to be a member of the club? Asking for a friend lol. I know I am only on day 13 or something like that (on attempt 4) but one can’t help but to wonder.

You're one shy of tying the record, at least as far as this forum and long as I've been following it. Good luck!

Just curious...anyone out there had to go 4+rounds of ROFR before they finally got to be a member of the club? Asking for a friend lol. I know I am only on day 13 or something like that (on attempt 4) but one can’t help but to wonder.

It just means you're a good negotiator! Good luck!

Was waiting on these - thought the first two would pass. guess I was wrong!

Jerry5788---$102-$24585-220-AKV-Feb-0/17, 440/18, 220/19- sent 5/11, taken 6/11
Jerry5788---$100-$21910-200-BWV-Jun-0/17, 200/18, 200/19- sent 5/11, taken 6/11
Jerry5788---$90-$34601-350-SSR-Apr-350/17, 350/18, 350/19- sent 5/11, taken 6/11

Just found out that I got one through ironically at the same price per point (adj for closing) but a better use year as it matches my BWV :)

Jerry5788---$105-$33527-300-AKV-Jun-296/17, 300/18, 300/19-seller pays closing- sent 6/13, passed 6/27

More good news :)
Jerry5788---$130-$22537-160-BLT-Sep-160/17, 160/18, 160/19- sent 6/12, passed 6/29

I asked my DH about buying 200 BWV points - he asked me if I was joking.

Still waiting on closing on my VGF add-on.

I need more Disney bubble. So much more.

(I am nowhere close to @Jerry5788 though.)
That is too funny...you can always use more points. I am stalking all the resales sites looking to add more VGF in April at a good price. I made an offer of $145 yesterday on a 110 point contract and the broker refused to even submit to to the seller as they said they (the broker) have a standing offer of $145 for those points so if I wanted the offer to be submitted I would need to go higher. that $145. It just left me with a bad taste in my mouth so I said I will pass.

The hunt continues!

That is too funny...you can always use more points. I am stalking all the resales sites looking to add more VGF in April at a good price. I made an offer of $145 yesterday on a 110 point contract and the broker refused to even submit to to the seller as they said they (the broker) have a standing offer of $145 for those points so if I wanted the offer to be submitted I would need to go higher. that $145. It just left me with a bad taste in my mouth so I said I will pass.

I have had similar experiences. Maybe with the same broker. Oh well. Just have to wait for the right (and motivated) seller to come along. I am going to hold on adding on any more - I think the market is softening.

The hunt continues!

DVCResaleMarket?

I asked my DH about buying 200 BWV points - he asked me if I was joking.

Still waiting on closing on my VGF add-on.

I need more Disney bubble. So much more.

(I am nowhere close to @Jerry5788 though.)
For the record, I had no plans to add on for at least a few years, but I have found myself checking out VGF listings, well, because shouldn't everyone own at VGF? I blame all of you! This group is just a bunch of enablers. Although, I keep trying to remind myself that I just purchased a fully loaded contract and have more points than I currently have plans for and will be out of the country most of next year, which has kept me from shooting off a few offers. But logic and reason can only hold out for so long before the "Dang it, I just want to" wins out.

DVCResaleMarket?

That would be my guess. The seller has to pay closing costs on their instasales though. There are some agents that I will not work with at all as I caught them in lies. There are other agents at the same brokers that have been very fair. The seller can reject it but I do believe the agent has to present it.

Exactly :) Must be a normal practice for them.
I have worked with Kevin usually as he is one of the owners and on my first purchase he reduced his commission so we could get the unit at the price we wanted. Maybe time to try one of the other agents there. They seem to have a run on the market lately. i like it better when more sites have listings as it keeps them honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter