ROFR Thread April to June 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin usually as he is one of the owners and on my first purchase he reduced his commission so we could get the unit at the price we wanted

Considering he did you a favor, I wouldn't make a habit of announcing that. Then, everyone will expect it and will think badly if he doesn't offer the same deal to everyone. I've worked out deals with people, contractors, etc. before but I don't think it's right to tell everyone else they did that. Just my $.02 though.

I have worked with Kevin usually as he is one of the owners and on my first purchase he reduced his commission so we could get the unit at the price we wanted. Maybe time to try one of the other agents there. They seem to have a run on the market lately. i like it better when more sites have listings as it keeps them honest.

For me, Kevin was AWESOME. Always returned calls, responded to every email (the same day) and took the time to explain everything. I will add on again and this guy is the only guy I would go to.

I've had no issues with DC Resale Market. We used Kevin on our first contract which was taken. I've since used them for our SSR contract which is going through closing, and an AUL contract currently in ROFR.

I find them very professional and efficient, with a good social media presence. Also, the blogs that Nick puts together are incredibly insightful, not just for their own customers, but anyone interested in buying DVC resale.

There was one exceptional contract they had on which I was giddy to get an asking price offer in. They countered that they were going to closed highest bid, as they had so many offers. It was disappointing, but great to know if we ever come to sell :)

Dan1---$111-$20018-170-AKV-Oct-0/16, 0/17, 173/18, 170/19-Seller pays closing- sent 6/29

Here we go again. :woohoo:

Seller paying closing with full 2018 points makes it an ok deal I think. ::yes::

Help me Genie! This is what I need. :genie:

Third times the charm? pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Yes, Kevin helped negotiate this one as well. :chat:

There was one exceptional contract they had on which I was giddy to get an asking price offer in. They countered that they were going to closed highest bid, as they had so many offers. It was disappointing, but great to know if we ever come to sell :)[/QUOTE]

Eaglesrest.... What was the contract ? (I am constantly looking there for a contract, the only one that slightly interested me was the VGF 30pt add on). Is that the contract you were referring to ??

WE PASSED!!! And, an update to the sent date. I originally posted as 6/1, but that was the day my broker placed it in the mail (she's a little old school like that). Disney got it on the 4th.

Hammer22---$137.5-$22375-160-BCV-Mar-0/17, 0/18, 160/19, 160/20- sent 6/4, passed 6/28
Congratulations!

That is too funny...you can always use more points. I am stalking all the resales sites looking to add more VGF in April at a good price. I made an offer of $145 yesterday on a 110 point contract and the broker refused to even submit to to the seller as they said they (the broker) have a standing offer of $145 for those points so if I wanted the offer to be submitted I would need to go higher. that $145. It just left me with a bad taste in my mouth so I said I will pass.

The hunt continues!

I have had similar experiences. Maybe with the same broker. Oh well. Just have to wait for the right (and motivated) seller to come along. I am going to hold on adding on any more - I think the market is softening.

DVCResaleMarket?

I got the "standing offer" talk too, followed by essentially: you should study our instant sale page for future reference before you submit an offer. Eek!

I got the "standing offer" talk too, followed by essentially: you should study our instant sale page for future reference before you submit an offer. Eek!
What is instant sale? I never have seen that over there. Then again I wasn't looking for it.

What is instant sale? I never have seen that over there. Then again I wasn't looking for it.

It seems they have a standing offer to buy any contract if you are willing to accept a low offer. It was a useful tool when first looking to see what they value the contracts at.

From their site:
DVC Resale Market can provide you with an instant sale for your Disney Vacation Club contract. With DVC Resale Market’s instant sale program you will receive an immediate offer for your contract. Please note, the instant sale offer will not be as high as the market price DVC Resale Market would recommend, but has been created as option for those that want their DVC contract sold immediately with no time on the market. To determine your immediate offer please use the Broker Price Opinion (BPO) Tool below. For the instant sale, only include regular points in the BPO Tool below (i.e., points that are bankable). Before any contract is sold an official point activity statement from Disney Vacation Club will be requested by DVC Resale Market. The tool will provide two different results:

1. Market value estimate DVC Resale Market would recommend listing the contract for on the open market (Over 98% of DVC Resale Market’s listings sell within 30 days).
  2. Instant Sale Offer (not applicable for Aulani)

Last edited:
It seems they have a standing offer to buy any contract if you are willing to accept a low offer. It was a useful tool when first looking to see what hey value the contracts at.

From their site:
DVC Resale Market can provide you with an instant sale for your Disney Vacation Club contract. With DVC Resale Market’s instant sale program you will receive an immediate offer for your contract. Please note, the instant sale offer will not be as high as the market price DVC Resale Market would recommend, but has been created as option for those that want their DVC contract sold immediately with no time on the market. To determine your immediate offer please use the Broker Price Opinion (BPO) Tool below. For the instant sale, only include regular points in the BPO Tool below (i.e., points that are bankable). Before any contract is sold an official point activity statement from Disney Vacation Club will be requested by DVC Resale Market. The tool will provide two different results:

1. Market value estimate DVC Resale Market would recommend listing the contract for on the open market (Over 98% of DVC Resale Market’s listings sell within 30 days).

Yeah personally my experience was bad with them. Didn’t like the lingo that felt more like a real estate broker. Responses etc were very prompt but I’m sure people have had better experience but I won’t use them

They offer to buy the contract from sellers, at a discounted price of course. There is a calculator under their "buyers" page. Interestingly when I tried the calculator, my offer was within $1pp either way of their instant sale offer.

Yeah personally my experience was bad with them. Didn’t like the lingo that felt more like a real estate broker. Responses etc were very prompt but I’m sure people have had better experience but I won’t use them

I'd love to know where you are finding the great deals! Are you planning to buy points at every resort? :hyper2:

It seems they have a standing offer to buy any contract if you are willing to accept a low offer. It was a useful tool when first looking to see what they value the contracts at.

From their site:

Notice the still seller pays the 8.5% commission, closing costs, estoppel fee, etc. It’s a terrible deal. You’d be better off just listing it lower than market and selling it.

Notice the still seller pays the 8.5% commission, closing costs, estoppel fee, etc. It’s a terrible deal. You’d be better off just listing it lower than market and selling it.
Hmm I didn't even read the details of the "offer". There I was thinkingI was low balling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter