ROFR Thread April to June 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's official, I have a real patience problem.

I just put out another offer while still waiting on my little 50 point VGF contract to go through ROFR.

Have you called Disney to ask? I saw somewhere on a thread you can call them but I’m not sure if that is a wise idea or would be like poking the bear....

I did, actually, on Friday. They told me that there’s still no decision on it!! I don’t get it.

Doesn’t hurt to try! Just the contract number! Good luck, please let me know what happens. They were very nice!!

So I called them. Spoke to Dabne?? She looked it up and said they received the paperwork on 4/5. They waived their ROFR rights and issued an estoppel. However, DVC Resale has no account that anything has happened since they submit this to ROFR. So, now what? DVC Resale says they cannot contact them by phone any longer so they were going to send an email today and also contact the title company and see if they had further information from Disney.

So I called them. Spoke to Dabne?? She looked it up and said they received the paperwork on 4/5. They waived their ROFR rights and issued an estoppel. However, DVC Resale has no account that anything has happened since they submit this to ROFR. So, now what? DVC Resale says they cannot contact them by phone any longer so they were going to send an email today and also contact the title company and see if they had further information from Disney.
Well, congratulations!

It sounds like you might have to deal with some annoyance with your broker but at least you passed!

That’s wonderful!!! Congrats!! Happy you got an answer!!! I’m itching to call back now!!! That’s crazy DVC Resale has no info. They are also my agent. They told me they couldn’t contact them as well!!

I got a rude person who pretty much brushed me off. Said she couldn’t help me because i’m the buyer. Said Disney has up till closing to decide. Said my title company will let me know when a decision is made. I’ll call back.

I got a rude person who pretty much brushed me off. Said she couldn’t help me because i’m the buyer. Said Disney has up till closing to decide. Said my title company will let me know when a decision is made. I’ll call back.
You called them back this afternoon? Ohhh yeah. I would nicely pick up the phone again and get a different person. It would not phase me one bit to bother them again today. Let us know if you call back again.

You called them back this afternoon? Ohhh yeah. I would nicely pick up the phone again and get a different person. It would not phase me one bit to bother them again today. Let us know if you call back again.

I’m debating if I should wait till tomorrow. I know the woman I spoke to last week, (who was SO helpful), said there was only a handful of CM’s in that department.

We are using DVC resale too. I've been quietly patient but if we get to 40 days I might say something... Day 32

Well it's official, I have a real patience problem.

I just put out another offer while still waiting on my little 50 point VGF contract to go through ROFR.
Another one?! :teeth: I suppose once you got used to the idea of possibly having 2 pass, why not go for it? I assume another VGF offer?
Hoping to add my next bid to this thread shortly.

Last edited:
Taking longer to ROFR is yet another tactic to make resale look unattractive. Wonder what the maximum length of time DVC could take it to?

They told me today they have until the closing date to decide!!!! I’m over it.

They told me today they have until the closing date to decide!!!! I’m over it.
Just need quick closing dates, just give them the 30 days and get it closed. Then no more 45+ day ROFR’s. I understand that some have delayed closings due to people having reservations. I personally think this is wrong. Either sell it and don’t make a reservation or go to your reservation then when you get back put it up for sale. I think if they can’t close in 30-60 days the contract is worth $10 a point less than others, because you can’t use it. I would never buy one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter