ROFR Thread April to June 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just need quick closing dates, just give them the 30 days and get it closed. Then no more 45+ day ROFR’s. I understand that some have delayed closings due to people having reservations. I personally think this is wrong. Either sell it and don’t make a reservation or go to your reservation then when you get back put it up for sale. I think if they can’t close in 30-60 days the contract is worth $10 a point less than others, because you can’t use it. I would never buy one.

I wasn’t told we were having a delayed closing, so I’m not aware of this.

I wasn’t told we were having a delayed closing, so I’m not aware of this.

Here’s a theory for you. Before I put my offer in on the current contract I have in ROFR I asked my broker if there was a closing date on it, to which I was told no. Then when I had my contract through to sign it had a long closing date on it. I think the brokers are just giving Disney Carte Blanche on everything because they don’t want to annoy them.

Hi everyone, newbie here. Impatiently waiting but this thread helps, I really hope we don't get to 30+ days!!

EDiQ---$124-$27985-220-BWV-Apr-53/18, 220/19, 220/20- sent 4/11

Here’s a theory for you. Before I put my offer in on the current contract I have in ROFR I asked my broker if there was a closing date on it, to which I was told no. Then when I had my contract through to sign it had a long closing date on it. I think the brokers are just giving Disney Carte Blanche on everything because they don’t want to annoy them.

Ugh. I don’t know. I’m fine with whatever you guys think. I honestly am at the point that I just want to move on!!!

DAY 46 >:(

Last edited:
For folks who have listed contracts for sale....when you contact broker how long until your contract lists on their website?

Probably.

The thing is, I kind of do want to annoy them. So I'm looking forward to seeing what I can get my broker to do the next time I put a contract through.

For folks who have listed contracts for sale....when you contact broker how long until your contract lists on their website?

It took mine almost a week when I listed it last year. They have to get confirmation from Disney that you own it and on the number of vacation points available in each year.

So I called them. Spoke to Dabne?? She looked it up and said they received the paperwork on 4/5. They waived their ROFR rights and issued an estoppel. However, DVC Resale has no account that anything has happened since they submit this to ROFR. So, now what? DVC Resale says they cannot contact them by phone any longer so they were going to send an email today and also contact the title company and see if they had further information from Disney.

So I just spoke to the same person you did yesterday and she told me she couldn’t help me because my name is not on the contract. I just wrote to my broker. I’m just so fed up at this point.

So I just spoke to the same person you did yesterday and she told me she couldn’t help me because my name is not on the contract. I just wrote to my broker. I’m just so fed up at this point.

When is your closing date? Sorry if you mentioned this earlier and I missed it. :/

I assume you have an electronic copy of your contract. It does have your name on it, correct?

Maybe they're getting your contract mixed up with someone else's somehow.

I got basically the same thing when I called this morning. She wasn’t rude, but told me she couldn’t help me since I was the buyer. I told her it’s been 34 days, and she said because of the volume, it’s taking a bit longer and my broker would notify me when there was a decision.

And the saga continues..... Our broker emailed Disney yesterday. Received a response today that no decision had been made on our offer. So, given the fact that they told me yesterday they had waived their ROFR I called them back. Now they tell me it is on the buy back list and our broker will be notified soon. What the heck?!?!?! We already own direct. I am highly unimpressed with Disney and the resale side with this transaction. So now, I am on hold for a manager.... because, yeah. Not cool Disney. Not cool.

All of this is very disconcerting to me as a current owner who plans to sell a contract in the fall. I don’t think there is a large backlog. Contracts seem to be selling at the same pace as before. More than anything, it seems like they’ve cut staff. Typical corporate BS. Cut staff, and have 1 person do the work of 3. But hey, at least they’re spending less on staff and making more money which is the most important thing right?!? :mad:

I cannot wait until this Terri Schultz person moves on. I’ve yet to see a single positive improvement since she became the VP.

All of this is very disconcerting to me as a current owner who plans to sell a contract in the fall. I don’t think there is a large backlog. Contracts seem to be selling at the same pace as before. More than anything, it seems like they’ve cut staff. Typical corporate BS. Cut staff, and have 1 person do the work of 3. But hey, at least they’re spending less on staff and making more money which is the most important thing right?!? :mad:

I cannot wait until this Terri Schultz person moves on. I’ve yet to see a single positive improvement since she became the VP.
That's been my assumption as well. The backlog excuse is either a lie, or they have cut/reallocated staff. It's not as if there are more resale contracts going through right now than there were in the frenzy leading up to January 19th. And almost none of those contracts took as long as these ones are taking.

And the saga continues..... Our broker emailed Disney yesterday. Received a response today that no decision had been made on our offer. So, given the fact that they told me yesterday they had waived their ROFR I called them back. Now they tell me it is on the buy back list and our broker will be notified soon. What the heck?!?!?! We already own direct. I am highly unimpressed with Disney and the resale side with this transaction. So now, I am on hold for a manager.... because, yeah. Not cool Disney. Not cool.

O M G o_O

Wow. Does anyone over there have any idea what is going on, or are they all running around like chickens with their heads cut off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter