ROFR Thread April to June 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry thought i went back to the original post... still figuring my way around here. Thanks for info.

Sorry thought i went back to the original post... still figuring my way around here. Thanks for info.
No your fine lol I was just answering your question and saying I'm not the Original post answer :)

I would also say if your looking for that many points then its going to much easier finding a PVB contract in the 120-125 range than 100 point contracts. Typically the larger the contract the lower the price is since the market for large contracts isnt as large as smaller contracts and medium contracts are!

Ok lol!! I wasn't sure what I had done. This is greek to me :)
Thank you for that, I will look at it that way as well!

I don't think Disney views resale at any price as competition for direct sales. The talk from them has been industry standards and the rest of the time share industry doesn't worry about resale prices.

Having watched it all for over decade I'd say that resale prices do make a difference to DVC. The issue is because of the main reason DVC has interest - location to the parks. DVC cannot negate/restrict that in resale. Other timeshares? Well, they probably just want to sell out that location and move on to another completely different area. Buyers who do research of DVC eventually conquer their FOMO of the benefits when the difference between resale and direct gets to be large enough. It will vary for buyers but anecdotally it's been evident from posts here over the years. DVC's best support of their direct pricing is high resale pricing.

Last edited:
I'm so jealous of this too! I'm on the hunt for Poly deals and you got an amazing one! But maybe it means hope that other prices will come down.
Thanks, getting nervous about passing though. Seems like a lot have gone through lately in the 9-11 day range. I’m on 15 days now.

Sure does. My agent has been calling DVC admin but has gotten no update. They said they were hopeful that on Wednesday some staff will be in at DVC to give an update.
Who knows?!?
Here's some insight direct from DVC-Admin.
(just so you know what to expect once you finally get through closing). FYI - I'm at day 79 from date of offer, and my Deed was recorded on 4/20. I emailed DVC-Admin to inquire on the status and this is the reply I received:

Thank you for your email

We received your transfer documents from Title Company on 4/20. Under normal circumstances we would have the transfer completed in approximately 2 weeks from the date we receive the documents from the closing company. However, at this time, due to staffing reduction and the challenges of working remotely, our turnaround time for the queue is taking longer than usual.

Once we have completed the transfer, the system will generate two emails. One will include your personalized activation code for the Member Website. The other will include your Club ID Number.
Both identifiers will be needed to access the website where you can begin planning your next vacation.

Please note that once we have completed the transfer in our system, there is a different department that physically moves the points between the accounts. This part of the process typically takes an additional 7-10 business days.

We appreciate your patience as we are working through each request in the order they are received.

The one part that I find very interesting is that a "separate department" takes 7-10 business days to "physically move" the points. I wonder how much 225 points weigh, and if they need a hand-truck to move them ?? :goodvibes
When you add-on direct, this all takes place within hours!
ET :darth:

Here's some insight direct from DVC-Admin.
(just so you know what to expect once you finally get through closing). FYI - I'm at day 79 from date of offer, and my Deed was recorded on 4/20. I emailed DVC-Admin to inquire on the status and this is the reply I received:

Thank you for your email

We received your transfer documents from Title Company on 4/20. Under normal circumstances we would have the transfer completed in approximately 2 weeks from the date we receive the documents from the closing company. However, at this time, due to staffing reduction and the challenges of working remotely, our turnaround time for the queue is taking longer than usual.

Once we have completed the transfer, the system will generate two emails. One will include your personalized activation code for the Member Website. The other will include your Club ID Number.
Both identifiers will be needed to access the website where you can begin planning your next vacation.

Please note that once we have completed the transfer in our system, there is a different department that physically moves the points between the accounts. This part of the process typically takes an additional 7-10 business days.

We appreciate your patience as we are working through each request in the order they are received.

The one part that I find very interesting is that a "separate department" takes 7-10 business days to "physically move" the points. I wonder how much 225 points weigh, and if they need a hand-truck to move them ?? :goodvibes
When you add-on direct, this all takes place within hours!
ET :darth:

This is the exact same response I got when I emailed about getting my member number and code. We closed the same day so hoping I can get those soon

Back at it this year (last year I was taken in ROFR at nearly 60 days). I have a good feeling about this one!
Tiffany H---$140-$23010-160-BLT-Dec-0/18, 0/19, 0/20, 160/21- sent 4/29
I anticipate you passing without any issues based on others I have seen recently, hopefully in a shorter timeframe this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter