ROFR Thread April to June 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well with $95 pp at AKV passing I think we all now know ROFR has stopped. That's a good 20% lower than the March average price. Low ball offers can and do get accepted sometimes by sellers. I'm still hoping to low ball a Aulani contract.

what do you consider a low ball on Aulani? I’ve seen those priced all over the place

Well with $95 pp at AKV passing I think we all now know ROFR has stopped. That's a good 20% lower than the March average price. Low ball offers can and do get accepted sometimes by sellers. I'm still hoping to low ball a Aulani contract.
I had 2 AKV higher than that price a week right at the beginning of COVID in the US and was bought back. So you maybe right.

A broker told me late last week that they had two OKW contracts taken by ROFR the week before, so if that's true then it doesn't look like they have stopped

You saved $6,750 vs the people who buy direct and never knew there was a resale market!

Everyone wants the best deal on a new car but only 1 person can get THE best deal - you got 36% off retail!

Seconding this! It’s hard when you see others got a better deal, but you’re saving a ton off the direct prices, and getting a contract that’s right for you at 36% less than direct is still a great deal.

trust me - I’m looking at all the Dec UY contracts out there and the better deals/prices on them, and very much lamenting that I have a Sep UY, lol.

(I know I could get a second UY but I don’t want to deal with points split across two memberships. It would have to be a crazy deal for me to want to do that).

You saved $6,750 vs the people who buy direct and never knew there was a resale market!

Everyone wants the best deal on a new car but only 1 person can get THE best deal - you got 36% off retail!
I second this. I too felt deflated for all of 5 mins when I saw a couple under mine. Then I remembered I saved almost $100 a point vs buying direct and I couldn't be happier. Yes I might have saved a couple hundred more if I waited a bit longer, but this was the perfect contract for us and now I just hope it makes it through ROFR because I badly want to be a DVC owner.

A broker told me late last week that they had two OKW contracts taken by ROFR the week before, so if that's true then it doesn't look like they have stopped
I wouldn't be too surprised if they snap up a couple contracts to let everyone know they are still watching and they don't want the market to completely fall out on prices. If resale goes too low, their direct prices get too out of line and no matter how many "benefits" they offer their direct market will take a big hit.

It is better for them to spend some money now to take back a few contracts in ROFR, then to lose a ton of sales a few months down the line. Short term loss for long term gain. Remember DVC is a long term gain and cash cow for Disney.

I wouldn't be too surprised if they snap up a couple contracts to let everyone know they are still watching and they don't want the market to completely fall out on prices. If resale goes too low, their direct prices get too out of line and no matter how many "benefits" they offer their direct market will take a big hit.

It is better for them to spend some money now to take back a few contracts in ROFR, then to lose a ton of sales a few months down the line. Short term loss for long term gain. Remember DVC is a long term gain and cash cow for Disney.

I don't think Disney views resale at any price as competition for direct sales. The talk from them has been industry standards and the rest of the time share industry doesn't worry about resale prices.

I don't think Disney views resale at any price as competition for direct sales. The talk from them has been industry standards and the rest of the time share industry doesn't worry about resale prices.
I didn't mean to suggest that resale is competition. However "value" or perceived value of their product does matter to them. It is for this reason they even have ROFR. It ensures they control the "value" of their product.

I didn't mean to suggest that resale is competition. However "value" or perceived value of their product does matter to them. It is for this reason they even have ROFR. It ensures they control the "value" of their product.
They have ROFR so they can sell points direct at "sold out" resorts when there is demand for them. They don't care about the resale value of the product.

what do you consider a low ball on Aulani? I’ve seen those priced all over the place
Well I know I'm dreaming but I really want Aulani in the $60 to $70 range. They average $95ish on resale sooo $65ish is a 30% price drop. This might not happen for months or years but we have already seen some resorts drop 20% already like AKV, Poly. If the economy continues to decline we could see Aulani in the $50s in my opinion.

If the economy continues to decline we could see Aulani in the $50s in my opinion.

If Aulani is in the 50s, I would be tempted. My husband likes the idea of "locking" us into going to Hawaii every 3 years. ;-)

Though if GCV went below $100... I'd be down for that in a heartbeat! ;-)

They have ROFR so they can sell points direct at "sold out" resorts when there is demand for them. They don't care about the resale value of the product.
I agree with your first point and it is certainly true. However I disagree regarding your second point. I don't believe either of these statements are mutually exclusive. Agree to disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter