ROFR Thread April to June 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for the experts....our resale deed finally appeared on the Orange County Recorder site today. We closed last Friday. Can I expect to have any luck calling my DVC guide to see if he can help get things processed quicker than usual? Do the guides have the ability to do such a thing? Thanks!

iceman3205---$128-$22302-160-SSR-Dec-0/19, 0/20, 320/21, 160/22-Int'l Seller- sent 6/29

Ok here we go, third times a charm. Int'l seller so not worried about ROFR, just hoping that everything else goes alright with this contract.

Oh? Does Disney not exercise their ROFR if the seller is international? Wondering as I’m Canadian, as is the seller of the contract I’m trying to buy.

softballmom3--$128-$14656-110-SSR-Apr-0/20, 120/21, 110/22- sent 6/14 Seller paying 2021 MF. taken 6/29

Well y'all bad news! I was just notified Disney decided to take it back :(. I knew this was going to happen. Wasn't expecting it this quick.

I’m surprised this one didn’t pass. Some SSR passed recently around 125$ pp… Why this one not?
I’m so sorry for you 😔

I’m surprised this one didn’t pass. Some SSR passed recently around 125$ pp… Why this one not?
I’m so sorry for you 😔
Me too :(. If I hadn't negotiated for seller to pay MF maybe it would have. Who knows? I saw one almost identical to ours taken so I figured it was coming. Ours had more available points. I'm considering OKW direct now.

Me too :(. If I hadn't negotiated for seller to pay MF maybe it would have. Who knows? I saw one almost identical to ours taken so I figured it was coming. Ours had more available points. I'm considering OKW direct now.
I mean there are still many SSR listings now around $130, still less than OKW direct. If you are not in the hurry to use the points, try again? I’m very impatient I picked up the phone bought BLT direct when my SSR was taken.

I mean there are still many SSR listings now around $130, still less than OKW direct. If you are not in the hurry to use the points, try again? I’m very impatient I picked up the phone bought BLT direct when my SSR was taken.
I'm super impatient but I'm going to look some more. I don't need to pay more $$. We don't even want to go until next October.

Question for the experts....our resale deed finally appeared on the Orange County Recorder site today. We closed last Friday. Can I expect to have any luck calling my DVC guide to see if he can help get things processed quicker than usual? Do the guides have the ability to do such a thing? Thanks!

Guides sell the product. They do not work for membership administration which is the department who handles the transfer.

And, for about 10 days or so, starting July 8th, they won’t be doing transfers as they have some things happening in that division

So, You may get lucky and see it processed before then. If no5, it will be end of July at the earliest.

Guides sell the product. They do not work for membership administration which is the department who handles the transfer.

And, for about 10 days or so, starting July 8th, they won’t be doing transfers as they have some things happening in that division

So, You may get lucky and see it processed before then. If no5, it will be end of July at the earliest.
I have one in closing now pending seller’s fund. They supposed to send it this Friday. Title company has my money since last week! Hopefully things will get done quickly.🤞

Do you think the 10 days is going to also impact ROFR as well?
I think it probably will. This what the emails says

This impact will include, but is not limited to:
  • Inability to book Disney Vacation Club Resort Accommodations and Exchanges (including Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney, Concierge Collection, RCI, etc.) online or via Member Services
  • Inability to bank Vacation Points online or via Member Services
  • Inability to make a Dues, Loan, or Escrow payment
  • The temporary closure of Member Accounting, Member Administration and Member Services
  • Inability to start or finalize an Add-On Membership Purchase
  • Inability to access areas of the Disney Vacation Club website that require a login including the Member Dashboard

MICKIMINI---$125-$4001-30-OKW-Sep-0/19, 30/20, 60/21, 30/22-SELLER PAYS CLOSING- sent 6/28/2021

I placed an offer on this asking seller to pay closing of $508 never expecting them to agree. $508 is equal to about $17 per point. I didn't have the audacity to ask for the seller to pay 2021 MF's...let's hope DVC doesn't notice LOL! :crazy2:

I tried to take a page from your book on a stripped small BRV with deferred closing to 1/2022. :)

I offered asking and SELLER pay closing. They came back with minimal (and I mean minimal) counter PP but wouldn’t bite on closing. Going to pass. Too high for a stripped 2042 contract. If you can do this on a loaded contract, you give me hope there are still some deals (even if few and far between) if I remain patient!

Do you think the 10 days is going to also impact ROFR as well?

call me a pessimist but I have huge concerns (given prior data points regarding Disney IT) that they won’t be up and running after 10 days. Our sellers are going to bank the current UY points for us if/when we pass ROFR but if they don’t, I’m not sure we would have the points by our 9/30 deadline.

call me a pessimist but I have huge concerns (given prior data points regarding Disney IT) that they won’t be up and running after 10 days. Our sellers are going to bank the current UY points for us if/when we pass ROFR but if they don’t, I’m not sure we would have the points by our 9/30 deadline.

I think you are being realistic here lol I don't trust Disney IT either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter