ROFR Thread April to June 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

The title company would have already been doing work on the contract. It wouldn't seem possible for them to cut them out when they ROFR.
Not much other than accept the deposit in escrow, everything else happens after clearing ROFR.

The title company would have already been doing work on the contract. It wouldn't seem possible for them to cut them out when they ROFR.

When DVD took my contract, the title company was never involved after that. Everything was turned over to DVD and they handed the rest of the closing.

So, they did indeed cut them out of the process.

I have seen several mentions on the previous ROFR thread where people expressed some regret because they felt they had a pretty good purchase only to see lower bids and question themselves.

I wanted to give some actual deals that are being posted on SSR which I currently am tracking the most.

Yesterday showed 8 resale deeds registered. They were for point totals from 25 to 315 points. The average contract was 145 points, and the average price was $106.

There was one contract of 160 points for $83.125. The other 7 contracts were all $100 or higher. The largest contract of 315 points went for $110.00 per point.

If you limit the analysis to only contracts with points between 100-200 the average cost was $102. The 4 contracts between 150-200 the average cost was $103.

A cursory review of the other WDW resorts leads me to believe you would find similar results in comparison to the exceptional deals posted here.
I did the same thing when making my offers on our two SSR contracts. I spent days on the OC Comptroller site researching previous contracts. I also used www.dvcforless.com as they track contracts offered across multiple resale sites.

I have seen several mentions on the previous ROFR thread where people expressed some regret because they felt they had a pretty good purchase only to see lower bids and question themselves.

I wanted to give some actual deals that are being posted on SSR which I currently am tracking the most.

Yesterday showed 8 resale deeds registered. They were for point totals from 25 to 315 points. The average contract was 145 points, and the average price was $106.

There was one contract of 160 points for $83.125. The other 7 contracts were all $100 or higher. The largest contract of 315 points went for $110.00 per point.

If you limit the analysis to only contracts with points between 100-200 the average cost was $102. The 4 contracts between 150-200 the average cost was $103.

A cursory review of the other WDW resorts leads me to believe you would find similar results in comparison to the exceptional deals posted here.
Kind of you to post this! Thank you.

Kind of you to post this! Thank you.
No problem.

Yesterday saw 3 SSR deeds go for under $90. 2 of the exact same contracts August 160 points had the same buyer and seller. They went for $80. The buyer appeared to be a commercial entity and not a run of the mill family making a resale purchase.

There was one contract for $98. with 450 points. The final 2 were both over $100.

With these prices unless you wait and get one in the $80s BLT really starts to become attractive. I am seeing BLT for under $120.

The last 2 days saw a 200-point BLT contract go for $100- and 2 175-point contracts go for $115. The 175-point contracts were same buyer and seller/

Last edited:

No problem.

Yesterday saw 3 SSR deeds go for under $90. 2 of the exact same contracts August 160 points had the same buyer and seller. They went for $80. The buyer appeared to be a commercial entity and not a run of the mill family making a resale purchase.

There was one contract for $98. with 450 points. The final 2 were both over $100.

With these prices unless you wait and get one in the $80s BLT really starts to become attractive. I am seeing BLT for under $120.

The last 2 days saw a 200-point BLT contract go for $100- and 2 175-point contracts go for $115. The 175-point contracts were same buyer
I have become very happy with my $85/pt contract. Just waiting patiently or ROFR over here....

No problem.

The last 2 days saw a 200-point BLT contract go for $100- and 2 175-point contracts go for $115. The 175-point contracts were same buyer and seller/
I doubt we will continue to see many SSR contracts go for less than $100 the remainder of the year until we get back into “Due Season”. I think the evidence shows that the best time to pick up contracts on the cheap is right before or right after dues hit. BLT would be good value especially before and during the refurbishment. Right now not many people really want to stay there, but once those rooms get refurbished I predict that the ppt on the contracts will go up.

When DVD took my contract, the title company was never involved after that. Everything was turned over to DVD and they handed the rest of the closing.

So, they did indeed cut them out of the process.
Process sure. I stated they certainly could do that. Payment though?

I will have to look at my closing documents but IIRC they did not include them paying any to to the title company.
Title companies wouldn't like ROFR occurring then. Work with no pay does not seem appropriate. No, it may not have been much work by that point but they have done some.

Last edited:
Why would they start the title work prior to a ROFR decision?
Could be so they have docs ready to hand off quickly. Seems like we often see a very short time between ROFR passing and docs arriving. Maybe they're just super fast once ROFR ends. But with such low rates of RORF these days it's probably a fairly safe bet that it won't be wasted work.

Why would they start the title work prior to a ROFR decision?
They'd have to set up the title escrow account if only to receive the deposit. They would have received the funds before ROFR and would have to process the transfer of the deposit back to the original buyer once Disney took the contract.

Collecting and placing third-party funds into an escrow account is a highly regulated process. I'm guessing there is a very formal process that must be followed and that the file must be fully set up before they can accept even $1.00 in funds.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter