ROFR Thread Jan to March 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Redheadprincess---$168-$35517-200-BCV-Dec-0/20, 200/21, 200/22, 200/23- sent 3/7

Trying for a 4th time. If this one gets taken, which I'm just assuming it will, we are probably going to look at a direct purchase at Riviera or another home resort resale. I may need to give up my dream of a Beach Club home resort.

Fingers crossed for you!! all this waiting and disappointment is definitely discouraging.

So what do we do while we are waiting for the CC contract we submitted on 2/15 to go through ROFR? Why buy another one, of course!! :goodvibes

Pens Fan---$160-$28743-175-CCV@WL-Sep-0/21, 88/22, 175/23-Seller pays MF '22- sent 3/7

I'd say I'm done if these both pass, but I'd probably be lying.

There is a 2 or 3 % kickback in Disney rewards dollars(depending on which card you have), and you have minimum 6 months no interest on it.

I always put my dues on them to get the rewards dollars. Easy money and 6 months to pay it back.
wow thats great to know! I have the premier Visa. I should look into that. thank you!

So what do we do while we are waiting for the CC contract we submitted on 2/15 to go through ROFR? Why buy another one, of course!! :goodvibes

Pens Fan---$160-$28743-175-CCV@WL-Sep-0/21, 88/22, 175/23-Seller pays MF '22- sent 3/7

I'd say I'm done if these both pass, but I'd probably be lying.
Ha! I have 2 in ROFR as well. Better the chances and if they both pass, I guess I'll have a lot of BWV points! not the worst thing.

Redheadprincess---$168-$35517-200-BCV-Dec-0/20, 200/21, 200/22, 200/23- sent 3/7

Trying for a 4th time. If this one gets taken, which I'm just assuming it will, we are probably going to look at a direct purchase at Riviera or another home resort resale. I may need to give up my dream of a Beach Club home resort.

Good luck! 🤞

I'm rooting for you!

Has anyone walked away from a sale if they buyers don't seem interested in sending back the closing documents? International seller received closing docs over a week ago and today told the closing agency that they don't plan to get the documents signed until after the 15th. I'm furious since there are 200 points expiring 5/31. Also worried they won't pay the FIRPTA tax. Is there anyway to guarantee that it's paid.

Has anyone walked away from a sale if they buyers don't seem interested in sending back the closing documents? International seller received closing docs over a week ago and today told the closing agency that they don't plan to get the documents signed until after the 15th. I'm furious since there are 200 points expiring 5/31. Also worried they won't pay the FIRPTA tax. Is there anyway to guarantee that it's paid.

What is the closing date on the contract? Technically, they don't have to return the papers until then. If they don't return the closing docs by then, you can walk and not lose your deposit.
Are they on vacation or did they have to make an appt for the notary? Check with the title company as they should hold back the money for the FIRPTA tax.

If you walk away before your actual closing date listed on the contract you will forfeit your deposit. ROFR has been moving pretty quickly and I know a lot of brokers leave almost 60 days for closing. If it goes past the closing date I wouldn’t hesitate to pull the plug on it.

What is the closing date on the contract? Technically, they don't have to return the papers until then. If they don't return the closing docs by then, you can walk and not lose your deposit.
Are they on vacation or did they have to make an appt for the notary? Check with the title company as they should hold back the money for the FIRPTA tax.
The anticipated closing date was 60 days from the time it went to ROFR, so yes there's a little bit more time. They might bring it right to the 60 days. And yes, they were away and just got back. So frustrating as I have bought 3 contracts and sold 1 and all closings were completed within 7 days. I will double check with the closing company, but I thought they said the seller hires someone to take care of the taxes. I'm guessing this is why Disney doesn't touch international contracts.

Last edited:
Sent a message to Fidelity asking if they have any update on our closing for our BC and voicing my displeasure with FirstAm title in their lack of communication when I've reached out to them. All they did was forward my message on and attach FirstAm. Tell me I'm just being sensitive but that seems rather unprofessional.

Who you buy through and use for closing definitely matters!
You're not being sensitive. Professionalism is important, especially when you are spending thousands of dollars.

Sent a message to Fidelity asking if they have any update on our closing for our BC and voicing my displeasure with FirstAm title in their lack of communication when I've reached out to them. All they did was forward my message on and attach FirstAm. Tell me I'm just being sensitive but that seems rather unprofessional.

Who you buy through and use for closing definitely matters!
My BCV contract that just closed was through Fidelity but Mason Title was used for the closing. As many have said before Cammy was great. I don't have plans to buy another resale anytime soon (yes I know this is probably a big fat lie) but I would absolutely request they use Mason if I did again. Sorry you're having issues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter