ROFR Thread Jan to March 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish I had own that you can choose your broker

I imagine the site sponsor will use Magic Vacation Title as they have a stake in them now don’t they?
I bought last year through the site sponsor and requested Mason with no push back. There’s a scammy timeshare/DVC reseller that won’t let you choose the title company and charge $1200k for closing costs and tell you to offer lower price per point to make up for the high closing fees. They aren’t one of the big players though, I’d stay clear of them http://TimeshareBrokerServices.com they also operate as https://www.dvctimeshares.com/
Not allowing choice of title company is called steering in real estate and is illegal, because usually there’s money or benefits to be gained by those involved.

I have bought a lot of contracts through a lot of the other DVC resellers and have never had a problem choosing the title company. If the seller is paying however they get to choose.

We decided to cancel our previous contract within the 10 day period due to fear of not passing ROFR, and also finding a much better deal in the long run!

UbieTinkingMon---$129-$25800-200-AKV-Sep-156/21, 200/22, 200/23-Seller pays closing- sent 3/7
NICE! Did you ask to have the 2021 points banked into 2022? It will be close otherwise... :badpc:

We decided to cancel our previous contract within the 10 day period due to fear of not passing ROFR, and also finding a much better deal in the long run!

UbieTinkingMon---$129-$25800-200-AKV-Sep-156/21, 200/22, 200/23-Seller pays closing- sent 3/7

We just put in a bid on an AKL and were using numbers from this thread to come up with a good price to offer and your $125 stuck out like a sore thumb lol.

We have a December Use Year for all of our Direct points from Disney. It's always bugged me because December 2021 is really points being used in 2022 (unless we happen to be traveling in Dec - which was great when the beginning of December had the lowest points....now it's mid-range). We are thinking we may try a different Use Year for our resale buys.

Anyway, what do you think is the best Use Year to have?

I bought last year through the site sponsor and requested Mason with no push back. There’s a scammy timeshare/DVC reseller that won’t let you choose the title company and charge $1200k for closing costs and tell you to offer lower price per point to make up for the high closing fees. They aren’t one of the big players though, I’d stay clear of them http://TimeshareBrokerServices.com they also operate as https://www.dvctimeshares.com/
Not allowing choice of title company is called steering in real estate and is illegal, because usually there’s money or benefits to be gained by those involved.

I have bought a lot of contracts through a lot of the other DVC resellers and have never had a problem choosing the title company. If the seller is paying however they get to choose.

I almost bought a contract through them as it was a great contract that is not even on their website (red flag to me).
Their closing costs were more than double everyone else almost $2000 for a 30 pt contract!! I walked away.
Glad to hear others thinking the are scammers as well.

We have a December Use Year for all of our Direct points from Disney. It's always bugged me because December 2021 is really points being used in 2022 (unless we happen to be traveling in Dec - which was great when the beginning of December had the lowest points....now it's mid-range). We are thinking we may try a different Use Year for our resale buys.

There are a lot of posts about picking the best use year. I would search the forums and read those for more details.

We were in the same boat, first contract was a loaded Dec UY, we valued that over the importance of UY. Now we find ourselves looking for a second UY to accommodate my wife and daughters birthdays in Oct and Nov. have an offer in for a June UY right now. Best UY is all relative based on your needs, imo.

depends on your needs… we have 3 littles right now so the school schedule will drive our vacations for the next 20 years. We liked the idea of February or September because we would most likely travel anytime in between and I didn’t want to mix up vacations from one year to the next based on my UY. I didn’t like the idea of December because it messed with my head that 2022 points are really 2023 points and so on

We are March use year. Works great for us as my wife is a teachers so we kind of look at spring break starts our vacations for the year. That is always in March. So as anyone will tell you it really depends on when you vacation You’re probably not gonna want an October use year if your are going in September.

We have September for direct points and March for resale. I spaced them 6 months apart on purpose and treat them as seperate contracts for seperate trips. Like most advice already given, when you travel most should help determine that 2nd UY.

ncgator---$79-$14060-150-HH-Oct-0/21, 300/22, 150/23- sent 3/8

My first non-December use year contact (goodbye to the simple life)! We loved the Hilton Head Resort when we visited in the winter, so looking forward to being able to use this contract for some summer stays. It’s only a 5 hour drive, so will be great for long weekend trips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter