ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is SOOOOO crucial. thank you so so so much for this link, holy smokes. I love this community.
No one rolls in with more pertinent information exactly when you need some reassurance than @AstroBlasters. It’s truly amazing. I was sweating some RoFR stuff the other day and Astroblasters dropped a 500 word reply completely answering all my questions and giving me much needed insight. A true legend.

AnnaKristoff2013---$93-$20971-200-SSR-Oct-0/21, 200/22, 200/23, 200/24-Buyer pays '23 dues- sent 1/23

Fidelity again. This one was asking price (I placed a full asking price offer as soon as this popped up after being alerted to it by the Fidelity Agent I had been making other offers with).
Fantastic price!! I saw a good SSR contract this morning but it’d already gone. Question on fidelity, do they/can they take it from offer to getting your contract? We’re from the UK and I’m not sure how fidelity work in comparison to the full service from DVCresalemarket

Fantastic price!! I saw a good SSR contract this morning but it’d already gone. Question on fidelity, do they/can they take it from offer to getting your contract? We’re from the UK and I’m not sure how fidelity work in comparison to the full service from DVCresalemarket
This is our first experience with them, we used www.dvcstore.com for the first contract we bought, but I think all of the major brokers essentially offer the same service. The only difference is commission & fees. Fidelity charges an extra $225 fee that the buyer pays that other brokers don't, but even accounting for that fee their contract listing prices are way way below the other major brokers right now.

This is our first experience with them, we used www.dvcstore.com for the first contract we bought, but I think all of the major brokers essentially offer the same service. The only difference is commission & fees. Fidelity charges an extra $225 fee that the buyer pays that other brokers don't, but even accounting for that fee their contract listing prices are way way below the other major brokers right now.
I would contend that many on this site would caution that you need to watch your paperwork for accuracy much more carefully if Fidelity is your broker.

I would contend that many on this site would caution that you need to watch your paperwork for accuracy much more carefully if Fidelity is your broker.
Actually this brings up a question I've been worried about: I just finished on two separate SSR contracts, a 100 point contract and a 200 point contract. In both cases I as the buyer am payin the annual dues. On the 200 point contract, I caught that Fidelity made a mistake, they had calculated the SSR dues as 7.68 per point instead of 7.86 per point and I had them correct it. However, the 100 point contract was already sent to Disney, with the annual dues listed as $789 (I guess they mistakenly thought it was $7.89 instead of $7.86). Is the 100 point contract going to get bounced by Disney? It's going to be really aggravating to wait 30-45 days for that to happen becuase i'm going to miss a banking window then and I likely won't be able to use the points as i intended to for an October trip since I'll be well within the 7 month window at that point.

I had 4 offers pass ROFR Q4 2022/Q12023, all with different brokers. The avg wait time was 3 weeks.

The Fidelity contract got bounced back by ROFR because it did not include the full contract number. The seller and I had to sign an addendum and then we went back into the ROFR que. It didn’t get approved until 3 weeks after the resubmission.

That being said, a contract number is a title issue…so I have no idea if the dues being different matter. It may be something that is adjusted at closing.

I wish you best of luck!

Hello. I hope this is not off topic but curious to know the group's opinion on whether or not $155 is insulting on a 40-50 pt Poly contract. I see $160-$170/pt range online from multiple brokers but it appears to be a buyer's market despite the popularity in small contracts. So...what do you think?
I’m the seller of a 75 point Poly contract in ROFR right now for $150 PP. We bought a direct contract and are using the sale to pay for the direct points. The difference in price per point isn’t as great for small point contracts and the interest would continue to accrue on the direct points by waiting so we just tried to fire sale it. So, I’d definitely offer the $155 and see what they say.

AnnaKristoff2013---$93-$20971-200-SSR-Oct-0/21, 200/22, 200/23, 200/24-Buyer pays '23 dues- sent 1/23

Fidelity again. This one was asking price (I placed a full asking price offer as soon as this popped up after being alerted to it by the Fidelity Agent I had been making other offers with).
Wow! I wish we would have waited to buy our SSR contract. We got a 200 $123pp contract last February and at that time it was a DEAL! Maybe we should buy more while the getting is good......

Wow! I wish we would have waited to buy our SSR contract. We got a 200 $123pp contract last February and at that time it was a DEAL! Maybe we should buy more while the getting is good......
Between now and SSR expiration in 2054 you will pay ~$118k in dues using a 5% historical dues growth rate. In that context, $6k isn’t that big of a difference.

Also, you got to use your points for a UY, so you could mentally reduce the cost difference.

That process helps to throw some sand in my purchase justification machine. The other is my wife 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter