ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can we talk about the completely stripped 1,000 point VGF contract listed for $152,000? OK it probably has been mentioned already but I just noticed it. I am curious how long that will sit around for. That's more than our first house cost!
Imagine buying that many points and then not even splitting it into multiple contracts lol. It likely will sit for 6+ months if they're lucky lol

I have 1000 direct which is probably enough
Seems they would have to grandfather you in if they start saying only members who bought over 1,000 points Direct would receive the Incidental Benefits LMAO

BTW I just looked at the 8/22 Membership Extras Disclosure for DVC and the last paragraph clearly states Membership Extras are only guaranteed "three years or less" after a Direct Purchase. Is "or less" like 2 days but a Maximum of 3 years?! There always seems to be a clear exit for Disney for any benefits, even to Direct...

Last paragraph: The incidental benefits described in this Statement are offered to prospective purchasers of the vacation ownership plan. These benefits are available for your use for a period of three (3) years or less after the first date that the vacation ownership plan is available for your use. The availability of the incidental benefits may or may not be renewed or extended. You should not purchase an interest in the vacation ownership plan in reliance upon the continued availability or renewal or extension of these benefits.

Last edited:
Seems they would have to grandfather you in if they start saying only members who bought over 1,000 points Direct would receive the Incidental Benefits LMAO

BTW I just looked at the 8/22 Membership Extras Disclosure for DVC and the last paragraph clearly states Membership Extras are only guaranteed "three years or less" after a Direct Purchase. Is "or less" like 2 days but a Maximum of 3 years?! There always seems to be a clear exit for Disney for any benefits, even to Direct...

Last paragraph: The incidental benefits described in this Statement are offered to prospective purchasers of the vacation ownership plan. These benefits are available for your use for a period of three (3) years or less after the first date that the vacation ownership plan is available for your use. The availability of the incidental benefits may or may not be renewed or extended. You should not purchase an interest in the vacation ownership plan in reliance upon the continued availability or renewal or extension of these benefits.
Wow

Michael Jones---$66-$8935-125-HH-Aug-0/21, 0/22, 0/23, 125/24- sent 2/16

Was contemplating this since our first trip in 2021. Couldn’t resist picking this one up!
I closed and awaiting points in my account for a 120 point AUG UY HH for $65/point. I think a great price to be able to enjoy them and not be too much if i decide to use at WDW. However, goal is to use them for a summer beach trip!!!

What a weird way to word that paragraph... might as well just say membership extras are never guaranteed lol

Even though membership extras aren’t guaranteed, they’re always going to be around in one form or another to motivate direct sales. Of course the most significant is the ability to book at the newer resorts. I also believe the annual pass discount will come back in one form or another. But that’s just me!

I enjoy all the little extras offered now, like Moonlight Magic.

1,000 VGF points…. Not a bad goal… but I wouldn’t want them in one contract…. Even if i could afford to buy them all at once! Have no intention of selling, but boy, good luck!

1,000 points doesn’t even guarantee you 2 weeks in a 2 BR the entire year, which is I suspect what a potential buyer may want for a contract that large…

To me, 1600-2000 points would be nice… but, even if I could afford the contract, I would not want to be stuck with the maintenance fees! Over 1k a month on maintenance fees at that point!

I closed and awaiting points in my account for a 120 point AUG UY HH for $65/point. I think a great price to be able to enjoy them and not be too much if i decide to use at WDW. However, goal is to use them for a summer beach trip!!!
Excellent! Congrats!! That makes me feel better about it passing ROFR! We have contracts at AKL and CCV so this contract will be the base for our now annual August trips and we will supplement with the other points. Will be so nice to book the majority of the trip at 11 months!

To me, 1600-2000 points would be nice… but, even if I could afford the contract, I would not want to be stuck with the maintenance fees! Over 1k a month on maintenance fees at that point!
2000 points, yikes. If you want to scare yourself, take a look at what fees would be in 20 years on 2,000 points with a 5% per year (obviously, a wild guess) increase per year. Granted, you'd assume everything else went up approximately the same. Made the purchase of a contract ending 2042 look a little more attractive to me. BTW I deleted that excel file after doing that too (kinda like not wanting to see the backside of Disney while I'm there lol).

ROFR lady on holiday today or has anyone heard anything? :p Officially on DAY 22 waiting impatiently!
I thought it was done more like once a week? I’m still waiting, hoping this week, but we shall see.

Also, I want to know how I can apply to be the ROFR lady… sounds like a fun job!

I thought it was done more like once a week? I’m still waiting, hoping this week, but we shall see.

Also, I want to know how I can apply to be the ROFR lady… sounds like a fun job!
ROFR notices go out every day but Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter