ROFR Thread January to March 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm gonna call it for today. It's my wife's birthday after all, so I suppose I ought to start paying attention to her.

Day 38 has now passed, still no decision.

When is your close date? I'd say it's taken. But I guess you never know.

When is your close date? I'd say it's taken. But I guess you never know.
April 26th

Yeah, I'm sure it's going to be taken. But now I'm just getting annoyed about the waiting.

I foolishly convinced myself that I'd definitely hear by the end of this week.

Contract documents finally received from First American Title, 4 weeks after passing ROFR. My gracious, that was almost as bad as waiting on Disney’s decision.

Question, should we wire the funds or send a cashiers check for balance owed. First American provided Fed Ex label for contract and check return if not wiring.

Contract documents finally received from First American Title, 4 weeks after passing ROFR. My gracious, that was almost as bad as waiting on Disney’s decision.

Question, should we wire the funds or send a cashiers check for balance owed. First American provided Fed Ex label for contract and check return if not wiring.
We sent a cashier’s check via FedEx to Mason Title. Our bank waived the fee, Mason Title provided the shipping label. Quick, easy, and free checked all the boxes for me, I would do the same again.

It probably helped that my ROFR for resale was submitted while I was purchasing a direct contract.
We did the same thing and wondered if that had any affect on it passing. Other similar contracts passed so I assumed it didn’t, but you never know.

This is me 100%. I stalk this board. I've been stalking it for almost 2 years before I had my own contract in ROFR.

I still stalk the board and my last closing was almost a year ago! (And I have nothing pending right now)

We used DVC Resale Market and had to send a check overnight,

I seem to remember putting my deposit on a CC and didn't have a fee? Or maybe $10-$25 ...

They didn't give us that! I wish they had, it really annoyed me to pay so much to send a check when a regular stamp would likely have gotten it there within a day or two anyway.

The first time we used DVC Resale, we overnighted the check. The second time, we also used DVC Resale and just mailed it regularly. It didn’t arrive for 3 days, but the title company was fine. I think they state it must be overnighted to ensure the check is sent quickly.

What were the mechanics of purchasing both at once? And was Disney aware of it?
They were completely separate transactions. Resale contract with DVC Sales for PVB. DRR contract direct. The resale contract was in for ROFR and then the direct contract was purchased yesterday. They may have been in to add the points for DRR and seen the ROFR and approved it while they were working on my contract. On a resale contract you put your membership number and name so I am sure Disney knows everything about you when they review a resale contract for ROFR. Or I just got lucky. I was not worried about them taking PVB resale as I have seen any taken recently. I am just surprised it went so quickly.

Well here we go again :-)

Just got our pass for 150 at BRV@WL yesterday and now:

C Von Schweetz---$157-$12759-75-VGF-Aug-0/17, 2/18, 75/19, 75/20- sent 3/27

Hoping for another quick turn around and Pass!

Wish us luck! :shamrock:

Omg! That was even faster then the first one, I guess it was meant to be for us to buy at this time.

Just closed on our BRV@WL today and received the good news that we passed ROFR on our VGF! Sent 3/27 and passed 4/5!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter