ROFR Thread January to March 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoppedupondisney---$95-$15850-150-OKW-Mar-0/18, 239/19, 150/20- sent 3/26, passed 4/5

So excited!!!!
Congrats!

MurphyL---$141-$29702-200-PVB-Dec-0/17, 390/18, 200/19, 200/20- sent 4/3, passed 4/5
Congrats! Just checked in to our Poly room today - fabulous as always! Welcome, neighbor!

Congrats!

I am supremely jealous
Same!! I’m happy for everyone passing, but also super frustrated that an OKW within a few dollars per point of mine passed in 10 days and mine is now Day 38. This system is even more ridiculous the past couple months than ever.

Same!! I’m happy for everyone passing, but also super frustrated that an OKW within a few dollars per point of mine passed in 10 days and mine is now Day 38. This system is even more ridiculous the past couple months than ever.

Right. $5/point makes all the difference to their margins I guess... ‍♀️

For those that have had their contracts taken, how long did it take to get your deposit back? If paid by credit card, what form of payment did you receive?
.. Our first try we went through dvc sale, used cc with no fee, and mason title. It was bought back. Since I planned on trying again I called mason title and they informed me that they will hold the deposit for me until I found another contract that we wanted. Found the second through dvcstore, and told them we were already in escrow with mason title so use them. Worked great not having to take more time dealing with paperwork for another down payment.

Last edited:

I forgot to mention, i had found a contract on dvc resale market that I liked and put a low bid on, but they had told me that they didn’t work with mason title... I thought there was a law...

I forgot to mention, i had found a contract on dvc resale market that I liked and put a low bid on, but they had told me that they didn’t work with mason title... I thought there was a law...

I was also told this. I think they said they only use Mason for either VB or HH (can’t recall which). I’m not sure if it’s the law only or because sellers should be able to chose when paying closing costs. I preferred Mason but we lost our contract to Disney and went with DVC resale market for this contract with Magic Vacation. They seem fine except you have a CC fee. For that reason we’ll probably have to stick with them if this one doesn’t get through.

Congrats!

Congrats! Just checked in to our Poly room today - fabulous as always! Welcome, neighbor!

I understand your frustration but price is only one factor that DVC uses when they decide on the ROFR.

Use year, number of points, unit # are other factors too.

With the new flexible UY rules I guess DVC will start to ROfR more larger low priced contracts too.

I understand your frustration but price is only one factor that DVC uses when they decide on the ROFR.

Use year, number of points, unit # are other factors too.

With the new flexible UY rules I guess DVC will start to ROfR more larger low priced contracts too.
Totally understand that, but here we are on Day 40, which seems ridiculous. This is our 5th resale contract over the last 10 years - this is by far the most frustrating.

amytaylor6---$146-$31483-200-BCV-Dec-0/17, 200/18, 200/19, 200/20- sent 4/3

Third attempt. We offered a higher price than our first couple attempts due to 2018 points & researching the recent ROFR activity. Although I realize logic is not necessarily driving the "drunken monkey", we felt this was a fair price with a decent chance of FINALLY passing ROFR. Hopefully we will be able to call BCV "Home" soon!

We are working with Shawn Ray of Fidelity...she has been wonderful! Very responsive and helpful. We made our official offer on 4/1 & it was to Disney to start ROFR by 4/3. We did go with First American and already received an email with escrow instructions and contact information on Friday...so far, communication has been prompt and great. Fingers crossed that things continue to go smoothly for this one. :)

Jonesmatny---$160-$16750-100-BLT-Feb-0/18, 0/19, 100/20, 100/21- sent 3/26

I’m the seller on this one. :(

That's a great price. I think I saw that contract on one of the sites, and it looked like you got your offer with hours of listing. I guess that people love small contracts.

April 26th

Yeah, I'm sure it's going to be taken. But now I'm just getting annoyed about the waiting.

I foolishly convinced myself that I'd definitely hear by the end of this week.

Totally understand that, but here we are on Day 40, which seems ridiculous. This is our 5th resale contract over the last 10 years - this is by far the most frustrating.

I'm sorry you two are still waiting. Hopefully you'll get news tomorrow....preferably good news! :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter