ROFR Thread January to March 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a bit surprised they took it since it was inline with all the other offers at this time and was stripped until 2020. But I think since we were on Disney’s desk right as the increase in cost and 2020 point charts they are hoping to move a lot. Plus the direct price increase after we submitted made the spread $85.

Hope to try again, want that Epcot/HS home, but above 140 just isn’t worth it when factoring everything in.

Gives me pretty much zero faith that my current BCV in ROFR stands a chance. Different UY, but barely missing any 2018 points and even has a few banked from 17. And a lower price per point and seller paying closing. It's like you said - that massive direct price increase is the issue. It's going to make BCV practically impossible to buy unless it's direct, and there's no way I'm paying that.

I’m a bit surprised they took it since it was inline with all the other offers at this time and was stripped until 2020. But I think since we were on Disney’s desk right as the increase in cost and 2020 point charts they are hoping to move a lot. Plus the direct price increase after we submitted made the spread $85.

Hope to try again, want that Epcot/HS home, but above 140 just isn’t worth it when factoring everything in.

I’m sorry they took this. Buy at BWV!!! That’s what we did. I don’t like that BWV has no dedicated 2BR’s, but it is soooo much cheaper. We also wanted an Epcot resort but couldn’t stomach the price at BCV. We’ve been very happy with our BWV purchase. :)

Gives me pretty much zero faith that my current BCV in ROFR stands a chance. Different UY, but barely missing any 2018 points and even has a few banked from 17. And a lower price per point and seller paying closing. It's like you said - that massive direct price increase is the issue. It's going to make BCV practically impossible to buy unless it's direct, and there's no way I'm paying that.
Yeah the spread being $85 points is now justifiable to them to take it. I suppose if you have a larger point contract it could make it. I’m curious if you end up passing. But here is luck to you. We are now chasing an entire different animal trying to get the Grand Californian instead (which we planned to purchase in a year) because BCV and BWV seem to expensive now with only 20 years left.

Good luck to you. Hope it passes.

I’m sorry they took this. Buy at BWV!!! That’s what we did. I don’t like that BWV has no dedicated 2BR’s, but it is soooo much cheaper. We also wanted an Epcot resort but couldn’t stomach the price at BCV. We’ve been very happy with our BWV purchase. :)
We decided to go after Grand Californian and rent or pay cash for Epcot stays for the time being. But if the right BWV contract comes along we probably would grab it.

crvetter---$140-$14580-100-BCV-Oct-0/17, 0/18, 0/19, 100/20- sent 12/26, taken 1/24

I get the dollar spread between resale and direct now, but with no 2018 or 2019 points it’s strange that Disney would lock up over $14,500 for almost two years before they can get any return on their money. That’s pretty surprising.

Edit: @TexasChick123 pointed out Disney could just pool the 2020 points with other 2018 and 2019 points they’ve acquired. It’s a good point (so to speak), but I still think this is strange because 2020 points are presumably much easier to comeby than 2018 points and a bit easier than 2019 points. Seems like if they keep this up they will get an imbalance in their points quickly, unless they have been stealth ROFRing BCV points for the past couple years. Seems like they’re concentrating more on snatching up SSR and AKV points though.

Last edited:
Does anyone think the buyer paying closing costs and the current dues discourages Disney from ROFR?

I don’t know, we are purposely looking for a stripped contract and sometimes it seems like that’s what they are taking. We don’t NEED points at the moment and would rather not pay the dues at closing on points we don’t need. We asked about seller paying closing and our agent said obviously those are more attractive to Disney.

I don’t know, we are purposely looking for a stripped contract and sometimes it seems like that’s what they are taking. We don’t NEED points at the moment and would rather not pay the dues at closing on points we don’t need. We asked about seller paying closing and our agent said obviously those are more attractive to Disney.
I would say based on my contract that was taken there isn't much to say how they decide. They took a stripped October contract (until 2020) that was for a more expensive resort and I was paying closing costs. I think closing costs for Disney doesn't matter much since they will just push the closing through their settlement company so the money ends up going back into their pocket anyways (less the employee expenses).

They likely make their decision based on the spread between resale and direct and the depth of the waitlist for that use year.

The pool is slightly smaller, though, you know? ;)

The pool is slightly smaller, though, you know? ;)

I have a pool in my backyard. There are a lot less people in mine than SAB. I don’t go to Disney for the pools. :cool1: If I’m paying money to fly to Orlando, then I’m going to the parks! I can just heat my pool up and swim if it isn’t frigid outside. If it is frigid, there’s always the spa/hot tub which heats up faster.

Also, I didn’t think SAB was that great when we stayed there. :confused3 It was nice, and I liked BCV, but not enough to pay that much more for it. Honestly, the biggest drawback to BWV is the lack of dedicated 2BR’s for us. :crazy2:

And who doesn’t want a creepy clown staring at them?!? :rotfl2:

Last edited:
I would say based on my contract that was taken there isn't much to say how they decide. They took a stripped October contract (until 2020) that was for a more expensive resort and I was paying closing costs. I think closing costs for Disney doesn't matter much since they will just push the closing through their settlement company so the money ends up going back into their pocket anyways (less the employee expenses).

They likely make their decision based on the spread between resale and direct and the depth of the waitlist for that use year.
I agree, I cannot see the closing and maintenance costs matter much, certainly not as much as the point availability - and the waitlist must be the most important. There may be some budget considerations too - once money allocated for ROFR is gone, it may be difficult to make further purchases, no matter how good the price.

I have a pool in my backyard. There are a lot less people in mine than SAB. I don’t go to Disney for the pools. :cool1: If I’m paying money to fly to Orlando, then I’m going to the parks! I can just heat mine pool up and swim if it isn’t frigid outside. If it is frigid, there’s always the spa/hot tub which heats up faster.

Also, I didn’t think SAB was that great when we stayed there. :confused3 It was nice, and I liked BCV, but not enough to pay that much more for it. Honestly, the biggest drawback to BWV is the lack of dedicated 2BR’s for us. :crazy2:

You don't see the creepy clown though when you are going down that fun slide! I haven't had a chance to try out SAB's slide (hopefully the weather will get warmer in the next 2 weeks to do so) so I'll have to compare them then!

As one of the last minute buyers, this was my exact perception of the sellers' mentality last week. Sellers had zero incentive at all to negotiate. They weren't the ones trying to beat a deadline.
So I had two 50 HHI contracts listed since Nov. No offers until after the 1/19 restriction was leaked. Then offers were $26 below list ($65pp offered), $20 below and then $14.56 below. They wanted to pay $84pp and have us cover the $700 closing then they wanted us to cover the 2019 ($8.56pp) dues even though it had all 2019 points and a few 2018 as well. We kept negotiating and our last offer back was $13 below list ($78pp or $84pp with $300 towards dues or closing...oh, and I had lowered the price by $3pp right before any offers came in). Never heard back on the $13pp off ($84 with $300 towards cc or mf) so we pulled our contracts off the market (happened to have a trip to HHI from 1/18-21 and it reminded me how much I love that place) so pulled the contract on 1/20...pulled other one the week before and figured I'd see if the one contract would sell in the frenzy but wasn't going to dump it for cheap. $78pp was my bottom line in my head. No way $65 or even $76. That ROFR monster would have eaten that up. At any rate...glad to be keeping them (even with the crazy high dues). I think we're sticking with what we have. Good luck to you all...I am watching to see how things go the next few weeks. Hoping you all pass.

Oh, and the above about BWV...we own there too and LOVE it. Initially bought 55 points direct for F&W trips....chose over BCV to save points with standard view. Can't always get stand view studios (even at 8am on the dot in 11 month window). But do get it 50% of the time and always can get stand view 1BR (at 11 months). Just love it. Has become our fave resort, clown pool and all. Love walking to 2 parks (very important soon with SW:GE opening). We always try to book there...had to add on and now have 255 BWV. Still not enough there.

Last edited:
Yeah we were wanting BCV for the pool specifically. Maybe another perfect contract will pop up but I think it's going to be too expensive for the time being.
Smart on both counts! :)
I have a pool in my backyard. There are a lot less people in mine than SAB. I don’t go to Disney for the pools. :cool1: If I’m paying money to fly to Orlando, then I’m going to the parks! I can just heat mine pool up and swim if it isn’t frigid outside. If it is frigid, there’s always the spa/hot tub which heats up faster.

I'm surprised they don't charge extra for the clown.

There are better pools, even in the Orlando area, but none featuring a quick walk to Epcot or Disney busing :) Really, the DVC resorts are nice enough but they're hardly the best. It is what it is.

The lack of dedicated 2BRs at BWV is annoying because all the studios can get snapped up leaving just 1BRs. Apparently DVD learned their lesson because they never left out dedicated 2BR units again. (Although if you want a 1BR at BCV at 7 months, you can always settle for BWV!)

I should start another BWV vs BCV thread. It's been at least a couple of weeks since the latest one. :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter