ROFR Thread January to March 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
good luck! I am still waiting too (day 29). Apparently Disney requested a death certificate and I fear that restarted our rofr wait as well! I am in limbo not knowing when I will hear.

I was just in a similar situation. I don’t really know how it all played out, but we submitted to rofr on 12/24. After several emails, a request for a death certificate and more waiting, we finally were notified that we passed rofr on 2/11. Within a few hours, we had the closing documents from the attorney and we were fully closed on 2/17. I checked the records, and the deed was recorded on 2/24. Maybe someone forget to send notice that we passed rofr, or maybe because of the long wait, they wrapped up the estopple portion quickly...I don’t know, but it’s over. Well...almost. We are now waiting for Disney to set up the account.

Good luck! I know the waiting is awful.

I submitted on 2/12 (already posted), but I'm trying for a 200point/110ppp AKL contract..... REALLY hoping that we get good news soon!!! I noticed folks who submitted around that date are starting to hear back. Seeing those stripped AKL contracts at reasonable prices get taken is making me so nervous 😣

fingers crossed for you!

I was just in a similar situation. I don’t really know how it all played out, but we submitted to rofr on 12/24. After several emails, a request for a death certificate and more waiting, we finally were notified that we passed rofr on 2/11. Within a few hours, we had the closing documents from the attorney and we were fully closed on 2/17. I checked the records, and the deed was recorded on 2/24. Maybe someone forget to send notice that we passed rofr, or maybe because of the long wait, they wrapped up the estopple portion quickly...I don’t know, but it’s over. Well...almost. We are now waiting for Disney to set up the account.

Good luck! I know the waiting is awful.

Thanks for the reply! I did read your entry and wondered how things turned out. Do you know at what point they requested the certificate and when it was sent. I am hoping mine wasn't just sitting at the bottom of the pile for 29 days only to restart now that it was sent yesterday.

I said I was done many points ago, good luck!
Oh, I'm sure we are not done, done. We have gone from zero to three contracts in 14 months though. We now have more than enough for a week long 1 bedroom and a long weekend studio. We figure we can rent/transfer any extra points for now. Once our kids (13 twins) are old enough for spouses we will have the points to move into bigger rooms.

Oh, I'm sure we are not done, done. We have gone from zero to three contracts in 14 months though. We now have more than enough for a week long 1 bedroom and a long weekend studio. We figure we can rent/transfer any extra points for now. Once our kids (13 twins) are old enough for spouses we will have the points to move into bigger rooms.
I’m telling myself time for a break too. Purchased one contract in 2019 and went on first trip in 2020. After we got back I’m just finishing up adding 3 other add ons. (Doubling my original amount)

I’m telling myself time for a break too. Purchased one contract in 2019 and went on first trip in 2020. After we got back I’m just finishing up adding 3 other add ons. (Doubling my original amount)
Totally get it! We started with 150, went on a trip in a studio and my husband said he would like a 1 bedroom. Grabbed another 100 points right when Covid started. The contract was massively loaded so we were able to do a week long trip right after they opened and another long weekend trip in November.....so husband decided he wants to be able to do two trips like that a year. So this time we thought ahead and said our kids will be in college before we know it and with significant others that they will want to bring on vacation with us, maybe if we add-on we should do so while thinking of the future rather than our immediate needs. So we grabbed another 200 points. Now we have 450 points and really only need around 300. As long as I rent out 150 of them for $15/pp and buy discounted gift cards, I'll be just a couple hundred shy of being able to cover the MF for all 450 points each year. Super happy and content...for now! (BTW, husband does not make all the decisions but I'm always on board for more points so if he gives the green light then it is on!)

Dvc Resale Market, I actually asked them a couple of times for an update and they said they hadn't heard anything. So I contacted the escrow department and they replied with the information it was taken a on the 24th.

yeah that’s really not cool. While it’s crazy why they are buying back these reasonable contracts, that’s another week where you could have gone for another contract

Dvc Resale Market, I actually asked them a couple of times for an update and they said they hadn't heard anything. So I contacted the escrow department and they replied with the information it was taken a on the 24th. I can't say I blame Dvc Resale Market if the Escrow department failed to communicate with them.
Carbon copy of my story from yesterday.

How do you know, in this process, when your contract has been sent to Disney for ROFR? Thanks.

I’ve never had any issues from DVC Resale Market. They sent an email immediately when it was sent to ROFR. This is how all brokers should communicate with their customers.

Oh Emm Gee guys. Now my broker says there seems to be a mix up with with the title company and she doesn't see its been bought back. She is going to look into it. I could use some prayers. This is so frustrating.

My goodness, I can understand your frustration. I would be too. Please let us know how it all shakes out. Wishing best resolution for you. Fingers crossed

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter