ROFR Thread January to March 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
After buying my first DVC contract direct from Disney in early January (Riviera), I have come down with a bad case of Add-On-Itis ...

BeachGuy---$152-$37001-220-VGF-Sep-0/22, 48/23, 220/24, 220/25- sent 2/7

BeachGuy---$152-$24930-150-VGF-Sep-0/22, 150/23, 150/24, 150/25- sent 2/1

BeachGuy---$142-$31041-200-PVB-Dec-0/22, 204/23, 200/24, 200/25- sent 2/5
My first VGF contract just passed ROFR (and now my fingers are crossed that my other VGF passes this week) …

BeachGuy---$152-$24930-150-VGF-Sep-0/22, 150/23, 150/24, 150/25- sent 2/1, passed 2/21

Reposting using string tool

JeffjonesHfx---$97-$17461-160-SSR-Jun-0/22, 160/23, 320/24, 160/25- sent 1/31

JeffjonesHfx---$137-$23819-160-BLT-Jun-0/22, 160/23, 320/24, 160/25- sent 2/5

*****UPDATE*****

Got 1 back and another is off for ROFR.

JeffjonesHfx---$97-$17461-160-SSR-Jun-0/22, 160/23, 320/24, 160/25- sent 1/31, passed 2/20

JeffjonesHfx---$137-$23819-160-BLT-Jun-0/22, 160/23, 320/24, 160/25- sent 2/5

JeffjonesHfx---$100-$18132-160-AKV-Dec-0/22, 160/23, 320/24, 160/25- sent 2/21

As a member who has owned between 900-1100 points at any given time, we usually plan 3 weeks/yr in a 2 BR. We are a family of 5 and we often stay with family or friends. With friends we usually split the cost. Next week we have 2 BR with my parents. This summer we have 2 other families joining us so with a 2 BR and 1 BR. We also usually rent a few reservations per year. Bottom line, sometimes we bank, sometimes we borrow but we’ve never had an issue using or renting all of our points. We are thankful that we are blessed to be able to do this and don’t take it for granted for one second.
Just curious but how do you determine what to charge your friends? I'm torn, somewhere between my actual pp cost (pp+dues), or just my dues cost.

Another contract submitted ...

BeachGuy---$120-$39480-300-BCV-Feb-0/23, 269/24, 300/25, 300/26-Prorated 24 MF Dues- sent 2/21

It's now time to just wait and see what ROFR does with my four outstanding contracts.
I'm so jealous of all your possible contracts!!
Hopefully you're good with all of them making it through rofr?

Just curious but how do you determine what to charge your friends? I'm torn, somewhere between my actual pp cost (pp+dues), or just my dues cost.
You can ultimately charge them what you want. However, why would you have them pay less than you and not charge them the total of dues and price per point buy-in

You can ultimately charge them what you want. However, why would you have them pay less than you and not charge them the total of dues and price per point buy-in
Of course, i'm just curious what others do.

So you just charge $15.54 (or whatever) per point used on their part of the trip (if in their own room), or half if splitting a 2bdrm?
My thinking was, if my plan was to sell a contract before end date and get that money back, maybe i don't need to charge them... as friends, not a rental.

We are financing a total of $0, which should significantly improve the financial side of owning this albatross.

Absolutely, the second person financing was a major red flag. If you can’t afford to purchase it outright, you probably can’t afford the annual 1/6th per year dues of the buy in, or 1/3rd in your case.

No one mentioned it, but I have a strong educated guess whose contract that used to be…

So you just charge $15.54 (or whatever) per point used on their part of the trip (if in their own room), or half if splitting a 2bdrm?
My thinking was, if my plan was to sell a contract before end date and get that money back, maybe i don't need to charge them... as friends, not a rental.
If friends/family are coming with us, we don’t charge them.

If they’re using our points without us, something that rarely happens, we charge them annual dues.

Absolutely, the second person financing was a major red flag. If you can’t afford to purchase it outright, you probably can’t afford the annual 1/6th per year dues of the buy in, or 1/3rd in your case.

No one mentioned it, but I have a strong educated guess whose contract that used to be…

Really? Like...someone HERE? Or some influencer maybe?

I wouldn’t charge my friends and family anything. I would however remind them what I did for them everyday I see them lol. Also would hope to have a nice dinner or two paid for.

I'm so jealous of all your possible contracts!!
Hopefully you're good with all of them making it through rofr?
Absolutely! I have big Disney plans for all of them.

Ohh, perhaps someone who used to be attached to a few DVC podcasts that might not be anymore...

I'd be shocked if a podcaster (IYKYK) held a 1000 point contract.
I was scrolling through old entries from a podcaster's library earlier this week and there was a mention in 2020 of buying over 1000 pts in just a few months. The podcaster then made a comment of being uncertain if that was a good or bad idea, but to ask again in five years... *tugs at collar*

I was scrolling through old entries from a podcaster's library earlier this week and there was a mention in 2020 of buying over 1000 pts in just a few months. The podcaster then made a comment of being uncertain if that was a good or bad idea, but to ask again in five years... *tugs at collar*
Wow!

You’d think a podcaster would be advocating to split the purchase up into smaller contracts. I know the doc fee can add up but time has taught me it’s worth it in most cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter