ROFR Thread July to Sept 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to think Disney doesn't like me! Second time was not a charm. Was really hoping with two SSR contracts passing last week with lower dollars than mine, that we would get through this time. We'll try again. Just put in another offer. jomik1---$94-$38530-400-SSR-Jun-0/19, 0/20, 400/21, 400/22- sent 9/1, taken 10/1
:sad:

Well I’m probably doomed. Submitted 9/1 only a 150 pt contract at 90$ a point.

ETA- if I get taken I’m probably going to look at Vero. I seriously loved the Disney outside of Disney. I could see taking our blended family of the two of us and 6 kids ages 27-3 there. It’s perfect for all ages IMO. And if I don’t get taken, I’m probably look there anyway hahahaha

Last edited:
just an update.......
This is now looking dicey, apparently never sent to ROFR ( despite assurance it would go next day and was a formality), one of the owners took ill and lives down in South America, can’t get paperwork signed, not responding to calls.
i think I’m cursed.

there is an even longer thread on this listing here, just my luck.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/dvc-purchase-pending-reservation-not-disclosed.3800621/page-6

I read that thread the other night. Just crazy. And then I saw your posts towards the end of the thread... ugh.

Very sorry to hear Ruttangel.

Well I’m probably doomed. Submitted 9/1 only a 150 pt contract at 90$ a point.

ETA- if I get taken I’m probably going to look at Vero. I seriously loved the Disney outside of Disney. I could see taking our blended family of the two of us and 6 kids ages 27-3 there. It’s perfect for all ages IMO. And if I don’t get taken, I’m probably look there anyway hahahaha
We’re trying one more time. If the offer we put in gets accepted, we’ll see if it passes. If not, might change strategy. Perhaps buy direct then supplement with a smaller resale contract. I really want to be around 400 points. DS and his fiancé want to take her little sister to WDW next summer, so we still have time to make this work.

I AM SO EXCITED I'M BOUNCING OFF THE WALLS!!!

Lorana---$195-$5812-27-VGC-Oct-0/19, 13/20, 27/21, 27/22-seller pays MF '20- sent 9/25*
Lorana---$195-$7,373-35-VGC-Oct-0/19, 0/20, 35/21, 35/22-seller pays MF '20- sent 9/25*
*expecting this to be sent tomorrow

I cannot believe I managed to snag two small Grand Californian contracts at $195/point!!! And the seller paying 2020 MFs!

Yes, it is fairly stripped till 2021, and it's an Oct UY (all my other contracts are Sep UY), but it's the PERFECT amount of points for me, giving me 3 nights Studio in the fall every year, 3 nights 1BR every other year, or 3 nights 2BR every 3rd year. As much as I'd prefer Sep UY, I don't intend to use it for anything other than VGC, so this is fine. And honestly once we are empty-nesters, if we rent one year (I figure I'll never have a problem renting VGC) and go the following, it'll pay for dues both years and half of our passes, so it's also perfect. I had been resigned that I either wouldn't own at VGC because I'd just never be willing to pay where prices are going (and by the time they fell, we wouldn't be looking to do DL so often), or that I'd pay far too much for it or end up with more points than we realistically need.

Aaaaand, now we can get our few nights a year at VGC *and* I complete my Peter Dominick trifecta of WL, AKL, and GC!!

EEEEEEE!!! Please let this pass!!!
Ha! Longtime lurker, first time poster.

I was the one that passed on this. I saw the contract in the middle of the night and put in my offer immediately. After 24 (maybe 36 hours) I told the agent, I was going to pass. It was too expensive for me to buy both ( I accidentally bid on both contracts but thought I was only looking at one). but I am retroactively kicking myself for not taking it, since I stay at the Grand Californian 2 nights every year. (DL Trips twice a year). Agent called me back with a nice consolation prize though.

$125-$3125-25-BWV-JUN-0/19, 25/20, 25/21, 25/22 - seller pays MF '20- Sent 9/30*

Super stoked for a teeny tiny Crescent Lake, Exp. doesn't bug me and it gives me a coupla nights for a split stay close to HS and Epcot.

Congrats again! I'm new to DVC stuff, but that VGC contract is a steal!

I was the one that passed on this. I saw the contract in the middle of the night and put in my offer immediately. After 24 (maybe 36 hours) I told the agent, I was going to pass. It was too expensive for me to buy both ( I accidentally bid on both contracts but thought I was only looking at one). but I am retroactively kicking myself for not taking it, since I stay at the Grand Californian 2 nights every year. (DL Trips twice a year). Agent called me back with a nice consolation prize though.

$125-$3125-25-BWV-JUN-0/19, 25/20, 25/21, 25/22 - seller pays MF '20- Sent 9/30*

Super stoked for a teeny tiny Crescent Lake, Exp. doesn't bug me and it gives me a coupla nights for a split stay close to HS and Epcot.

There were apparently two of those 25 pt BWV contracts. I was the second one to put an offer in on the other one (it only had 17 points in the current UY from what I recall.) I’ve been waiting to see if they would show up in this thread. Congratulations! The agent was so nice when she called and I told her if I was not the first in line, then it was just not meant to be.

I'm starting to think Disney doesn't like me! Second time was not a charm. Was really hoping with two SSR contracts passing last week with lower dollars than mine, that we would get through this time. We'll try again. Just put in another offer. jomik1---$94-$38530-400-SSR-Jun-0/19, 0/20, 400/21, 400/22- sent 9/1, taken 10/1
:sad:
Nooooo. I'm so sorry

There were apparently two of those 25 pt BWV contracts. I was the second one to put an offer in on the other one (it only had 17 points in the current UY from what I recall.) I’ve been waiting to see if they would show up in this thread. Congratulations! The agent was so nice when she called and I told her if I was not the first in line, then it was just not meant to be.

I think I got that one - $132 pp with Jun UY. I just put the deposit down yesterday so was waiting for the new quarter thread. ~Val

I think I got that one - $132 pp with Jun UY. I just put the deposit down yesterday so was waiting for the new quarter thread. ~Val
Yes! You beat me to it! Congratulations! It was not my UY, but that is a fantastic price for a small contract. :)

Taken - so sad, but now I’m going shopping. I knew it

My3kids1989---$90-$14215-150-SSR-Jun-0/19, 132/20, 150/21, 150/22-Seller pays MF ‘20”- sent 9/1, taken 10/2

I think for SSR it needs to be $100 or above.

I recently passed a few weeks ago with:

175 points - $100pp
150 points - $103pp
120 ponts - $105pp

Just my 2c

Thank you for passing! You made me very happy! :earboy2:

Also, congrats! That's an awesome small contract, and I wish I had gotten that, too, lol!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter