ROFR Thread July to Sept 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity, how much $$ typically is the required deposit for a resale contract
Mine both have been with DVCResaleMarket and both have been $2000. Those contracts were both over 25K. I believe I could have deposited $5000 via CC which I now wish I had done because it would have come off the closing of the contract. Instead I have to now send a money wire for the balance instead of getting CC points. Will be smarter next time and leave the max deposit allowed

Apparently hitting refresh on your email every 15 minutes does not increase the speed at which you receive an answer.
You never know, my last answer took 35 days, but maybe it would have been even longer if I wasn't diligent to check every 15 minutes. :teeth:

Mine both have been with DVCResaleMarket and both have been $2000. Those contracts were both over 25K. I believe I could have deposited $5000 via CC which I now wish I had done because it would have come off the closing of the contract. Instead I have to now send a money wire for the balance instead of getting CC points. Will be smarter next time and leave the max deposit allowed
Interesting - so in these cases max allowed on CC is $5000? I have seen some buy the whole contract on CC but I am guessing those are only direct from DVC.

Interesting - so in these cases max allowed on CC is $5000? I have seen some buy the whole contract on CC but I am guessing those are only direct from DVC.
Wanted to make sure I got you the most factual info instead of going on memory and thankfully I did. It was another title company that allowed up to the 5K.

Magic Title, which is who I am working with through DVC Resale Market to close my AKL contract says this:

Contract Deposit Amount: Note American Express not accepted. $2,000 is maximum allowable charge. If an excess of $2000 is charged there is subject to a corresponding service fee at closing equal to 3.5%. Minimum $100.

Now I don’t know about paying the whole thing with a CC for resale. I do know you can for direct and they even have that Chase offer right now. We are financing with Monera.

I wanted to share a little something I learned.
Apparently hitting refresh on your email every 15 minutes does not increase the speed at which you receive an answer.
Hopefully you find this useful, now excuse me my 15 minutes are up and I need to check my email…
And I've been regularly checking my spam folder as well. Just in case an important email may have been incorrectly categorized.

Depending on the title company, same with car dealerships. They don't want to pay the card fee's associated with accepting credit cards. Every $5k they let someone charge a card could cost them up to $225 dollars. 1-4.5%

Depending on the value of points you get from your CC, it may be worth it to pay the 3.5% fee. This is assuming you have the cash to pay off the card before accruing interest.

Why are people listing GF contracts resale at $200/100 pt contracts right now?
Because some sellers really do not want to know what the market is, they "know what it is worth". Maybe the broker tells them differently, maybe they don't, but even if they do the seller doesn't have to listen.

This happens much more frequently with other timeshares, but it can happen with DVC as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter