ROFR Thread July to Sept 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep seeing over 30. I thought DVD only have 30 days? If it goes over that the law should be that it automatically passes
My understanding is that they actually have until the closing date in the contract. The closing date must be at least 30 days from the submit to ROFR date, but most brokers set closing farther out than that. Technically, I believe you can close on the date specified in the contract if Disney has not acted on their ROFR rights by then.

My understanding is that they actually have until the closing date in the contract. The closing date must be at least 30 days from the submit to ROFR date, but most brokers set closing farther out than that. Technically, I believe you can close on the date specified in the contract if Disney has not acted on their ROFR rights by then.
Exactly this. The seller must give DVD AT LEAST 30 days, but DVD can take as long as they want up to the closing date.

I keep seeing over 30. I thought DVD only have 30 days? If it goes over that the law should be that it automatically passes
If you sign a contract and set the closing date at 30 days from the date you notify Disney, that's exactly how it works.

It really will be interesting to see how DVC transitions the 2042 resorts. If they allow 100% borrowing of the 2041 points into 2040 then it would potentially create a huge glut of points compressed into a very tight window to use. Imagine the booking pressures that will create!

How many resorts are 2042?

Beach club, boardwalk, Boulder ridge, okw, vero and Hilton head
So almost half of the "original 14" This is going to have much further implications beyond those resorts in terms of booking pressure! There will be slim pickings at ANY resort within the 7 month window.

So almost half of the "original 14" This is going to have much further implications beyond those resorts in terms of booking pressure! There will be slim pickings at ANY resort within the 7 month window.
With resale contracts that are restricted to the original 14, it will make things more interesting & challenging for those who bought SAP without intending to stay at their home resort. I assume that after 2042, those resale contracts with restrictions won't be able to book "refreshed" 2042 resorts?

But OKW is an oddball with many contracts expiring in 2042 and some in 2057. Will everybody be able to book OKW until 2057? Or will only a fraction of the OKW rooms be available to everybody until 2057?

15 years from now, it will be interesting to see what the prices and ROFR are for the 2042 resorts when the contracts have only 4 or 5 years of points remaining on them.

For those looking I did see an international seller for Saratoga 270 pts. and a CC 175 points at dvcstore. There is one for Boulder as well, but they are passing on them right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter