ROFR Thread July to Sept 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So almost half of the "original 14" This is going to have much further implications beyond those resorts in terms of booking pressure! There will be slim pickings at ANY resort within the 7 month window.
The 7 month trading to different resorts is almost becoming a marketing illusion., especially so with the proliferation of the rental market. It will become worse under the resale restrictions as newer DVC resorts come online. This is why my biggest DVC philosophy has always been to buy where you want to stay.

TheGambler22---$135-$11219-75-SSR-Sep-0/20, 75/21, 75/22, 75/23- sent 6/21, taken 7/14

Now trying again...
TheGambler22---$156-$13636-80-BWV-Oct-0/20, 0/21, 122/22, 80/23- sent 7/20

Updated...

TheGambler22---$156-$13636-80-BWV-Oct-0/20, 0/21, 122/22, 80/23- sent 7/20, passed 8/16

Last edited:
Anybody know if all this interest rate hike will impact interest rates for DVC financing? It may impact DVC resale prices?

If they did this it would have to apply to all DVC not just the 2042 resorts, correct?

They could make it resort specific but I bet they would also change up the non home resort booking too so that trades into those resorts isn’t as far out and give owners a long home resort period.

aren't those room types like hunger games at 11 months? Congrats though. That's a nice little buy.
I have never successfully been able to get a deluxe studio club level room, but the 1 bedrooms aren’t too difficult if you’re an owner but it’s so many points that I won’t book them. I’ve managed to snag studio value rooms for spring break the past two years (I’ve had my AKV contract for 2 years), and the 1 bedroom value rooms aren’t too difficult either. You want to be an owner to get them but they’re doable.

Anybody know if all this interest rate hike will impact interest rates for DVC financing? It may impact DVC resale prices?
Yes. That’s why I locked in a low rate months ago for building our DVC point “empire”. Now rates are up at least 2 to 3% from what it looks like. Paid about half down cash and hope to pay off the rest in 3 to 5 years. Still glad to have the lower rate while we do it.

I have never successfully been able to get a deluxe studio club level room, but the 1 bedrooms aren’t too difficult if you’re an owner but it’s so many points that I won’t book them. I’ve managed to snag studio value rooms for spring break the past two years (I’ve had my AKV contract for 2 years), and the 1 bedroom value rooms aren’t too difficult either. You want to be an owner to get them but they’re doable.

This is great to know as we are a 1 bedroom family. Now I just have to hope the ROFR Gods are cheering for me

They may rise another couple percent but on contracts 50K or under it's kind of nominal given the possible loan amount. Likely won't move the needle imho. Who reaches on a discretionary purchase if they are truly worried about interest rates. Hopefully nobody.

Thanks! What's crazy is I think I could’ve gotten it reduced even further since they accepted my first offer of $15/pt below asking (it was a new listing only several hours old). Still a great deal overall and super happy with it!
Im impressed. Contracts I put an offer in on seem to have unrealistic expectations.
Congrats

Don’t give up! Took me about 6 contracts to finally get someone willing to negotiate towards a price range we were comfortable with. Many sellers wouldn’t even counter (and are still sitting unsold).
That is the secret! Though difficult to be patient, waiting for that perfect contract is worth it. Being willing to withstand hearing *no* repeatedly, searching again and again until you get it.

For me that means an advertised asking price on the low end, fully loaded and has been hanging out long enough to make the seller potentially *anxious* LOL. I then go in with a low offer with a counter ready to go and let it fly. If it doesn't go...N E X T.

As it gets closer to the end of the year the deals will get better IMO as sellers recognize it could be a long wait for top dollar, but it does not change the *strategy*. YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter