• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread July to Sept 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.

eMoneyBug---$141.5-$14746-100-PVB-Aug-100/22, 200/23, 100/24-seller pays MF '23- sent 7/1, passed 7/28
$225 Admin Fee + $25 Buyer Credits Seller Tax Tru Up included in the Price Per Point
Closing with DVC Title & Escrow $596.55
Seller was awesome enough to book me a 2night 2bed stay with the 100 2022 points as we were already going to be at WDW end of July.
They booked the stay with the contract you are purchasing? DVC does not transfer contracts with existing reservations. It should have to wait until the reservation is completed or if that wasn't in the contract for a delayed closing then the reservation should be cancelled.
Was there ever any response to this question?

Stay was in July so pre-Closing.

I've never heard of a seller making a reservation for a buyer while the contract is still in ROFR (although I'm sure it's happened), and that seems like a pretty amazing stroke of luck to get a reservation only days out? Buyer makes offer at the end of June, contract goes to ROFR on July 1, and seller is able to add a night for the buyer on a reservation just a couple of weeks out, later in July and in the middle of summer?

The OP just posted that string on August 25th, so it seems more logical like they cleared ROFR at the end of July 2023 (submitted 7/1), but then made a reservation for the "end of July', 2024, which would have been just within the 11 month booking window, if the reservation was made in late August. That's why we are curious, as that wouldn't allow the sale to close.

Last edited:

Mish73. $120 - $6000 -50- SSR-Jun-0/22, 100/23, 50/24, 50/25- sent 8/22
Is the seller paying the 23 MFs and the closing costs? If so, the string should indicate that; if not, the total needs to be adjusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter