Rogers Plans - no more roaming

Sorry add-on was a misnomber. I have a Rogers Canada+US Infinite plan, which replaced a previous Canada-US non-Infinite plan.

Note the fine print: "However, if you sign up for this plan and then have it removed from a line, it can’t be reactivated on the same line for the next 12 months." That is why I called it an add-on. Technically not, but the US portion is something that can be removed, with consequences.
So that's to avoid people who just activate it as needed? Money grab. >:(

So that's to avoid people who just activate it as needed? Money grab. >:(
That was the idea when it was an add-on (stopping people from swapping in and out). Maybe it is a 'hidden' add on now, but I can't see where to take it off my account on myRogers, and frankly since my data went up substantially, and my cost went down with this plan, I don't see that they are making any more money from me. Effectively the no charge US usage isn't costing me anything IMO.

For those of you on Rogers, the latest plans have a great benefit for travelers. We upgraded my daughter's phone today (iPhone 13 Pro Max - sweet!) and the rep at Costco switch all 4 lines on our Share Everything plan to the new plans. I love how every time I do this we seem to get more for less!

The most important thing in the new rate packages is that calling, texting and data are now inclusive of "To and From US and Canada". So no more Roam Like Home charges in the United States. These extra fees were really starting to add up as the RLH rates seemed to keep on rising - we got to the point where we would only generally have one phone roaming. See the terms and conditions snip below:

This is for the standard Infinite +20 Financing plan - $85 minus $20 discount on the primary line, $85 minus $40 discount on 3 additional lines. That's 80 Gb total shared data on our 4 lines.
Nice, thanks for sharing. The plan that was offered to me was more expensive but came with more data (I guess QC plans are different), but it's $75 for 40G of data for each line. I just switched my line over to this (as I was already paying $75, but with no U.S. option), but haven't done so for the wife and kids yet (as they are paying $45/month on a legacy non-US plan, so that would mean $30/person more).

I just switched my two TELUS lines to the Unlimited 45 5G+ CAN-US plan. Includes unlimited international texts in addition to unlimited use in Canada and US. Two lines on the plan so 90G of data per month combined and shareable. $75/month per line (which is $7/mo more per line than my previous nationwide/Canada only plan). Thanks to the OP for starting this thread…spurred me to make the call!

That was the idea when it was an add-on (stopping people from swapping in and out). Maybe it is a 'hidden' add on now, but I can't see where to take it off my account on myRogers, and frankly since my data went up substantially, and my cost went down with this plan, I don't see that they are making any more money from me. Effectively the no charge US usage isn't costing me anything IMO.

My plan also got cheaper. However, there is a Canada only plan that is cheaper than the US plan... OTOH, I got 6 months of Disney+ for free :-)... but they also now have me in a 2 year contract...

One way or another they are making $ :-)

I found this to be the case when I wanted to opt out of Rogers' Roam Like Home earlier this year. No option to do so on their site, you had to contact Support to have the add-on removed. Just another way to deter clients from cancelling the feature.

I found this to be the case when I wanted to opt out of Rogers' Roam Like Home earlier this year. No option to do so on their site, you had to contact Support to have the add-on removed. Just another way to deter clients from cancelling the feature.
I agree, I looked for cancel online and couldn't find it and I am waiting to see what happens. RLH still shows as a feature on my account; I am travelling to the US in mid-November and will check carefully after the first day. My expectation is to not be charged and I don't actually want to cancel RLH because we travel to Mexico on occasion where I will still want the feature.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter