Room Block

guinea pig

Mouseketeer
My DD got an email from her Room Block coordinator. Can someone explain the rationale behind getting a Room Block. Pros and Cons…

Pros- dedicated number of discounted rooms reserved for guests to book. If more than 10 nights booked, couple gets one night free in hotel of their choice, more than 50 nights they get 2 free nights. Everyone is in same hotel or spread out over 3 choices. Cons- you can only cancel a certain percentage of rooms/nights after they have been requested so if your guests don’t book them the couple is responsible to pay for any remaining nights not booked. I don’t believe these nights qualify for any special offers like tickets or dining either.

You can choose a Value, Moderate and Deluxe - throw in a value - not only will some guests want/need one but if you need to pay for rooms left in the block, you will pay the value price (someone correct me if I am wrong).

If anyone is DVC - you can add less rooms to the block and the DVC stays count (just have to give them their reservation #) and you will meet the number of blocked rooms much faster.

I didn’t realize there was a discount on the rooms if a room block was used.
They did in 2021 when we got married. I would assume it’s same now but def double check. Also depends on time of year. A value in beginning of Nov was like $129 a night but when we moved our date to beginning of March it went to $150 I think.

The info Disney was asking for was:
Any handicap rooms needed
first floor
Connecting rooms needed
Family members that want to be close to each other.

This episode of the DIsney Wedding Podcast explains the room block in depth, as do pp. 14-17 of the Fairytale Weddings Guide. One thing to note is that the room block discount has been VERY small for the last few years. Usually better deals are available to the general public as the date gets closer. https://disneyweddingpodcast.com/room-block-overview/

You can choose a Value, Moderate and Deluxe - throw in a value - not only will some guests want/need one but if you need to pay for rooms left in the block, you will pay the value price (someone correct me if I am wrong).

If anyone is DVC - you can add less rooms to the block and the DVC stays count (just have to give them their reservation #) and you will meet the number of blocked rooms much faster.
Is this still the case? DS and his bride-to-be are getting married early next year, and I was thinking of using our points at BWV for some of the rooms. Will the rooms I book on points count towards their room block minimum?

Can’t find my email from Disney but I am pretty sure that DVC reservations will count toward the number of rooms but does not count towards the free night count….does that make sense?

This episode of the DIsney Wedding Podcast explains the room block in depth, as do pp. 14-17 of the Fairytale Weddings Guide. One thing to note is that the room block discount has been VERY small for the last few years. Usually better deals are available to the general public as the date gets closer. https://disneyweddingpodcast.com/room-block-overview/
They WILL work with you if you see discounts listed. For example, our room block consisted of 10 nights at Pop and we were getting an amount plus tax which I thought was decent at first (for Pop). Once I saw the fall rates come out, I asked and they lowered it about $15 per night. Not the discount listed, but it's a discount. You will have to sign a new room block doc if you have the price adjusted.

@lurkyloo is there a limit to the kind of room I can request as my free room? Ex: if our block is at a value, are we only allowed our free night at a value?

@lurkyloo is there a limit to the kind of room I can request as my free room? Ex: if our block is at a value, are we only allowed our free night at a value?
It can be any resort except DVC–it doesn't have to be a resort in your block even. But it can only be a standard room.

I didn’t realize there was a discount on the rooms if a room block was used.
It's nothing to lose your breath over. I had to call and request a lower price when they gave the room discounts out and our rooms were more expensive. They were nice enough to accommodate me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter