Room Not Cleaned at Poly

Wow this it the 3rd negative post I have read about the Poly. We finally get to stay there for Labor Day 2018 and I hope things turn around or I will switch!

We've been here since Wednesday, 10/25. No housekeeping issues at all. Spotless room, always cleaned before 3:00. :)

Email them. You should get a significant room credit each day the room was not cleaned.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/help/email

Like others said calling the "front desk" is not the front desk, and no one at the front desk has any clue you called including the hotel manager! It's BS if you ask me.

We had very early room cleaning every day when we were at Poly. We had to put the do not disturb sign or they kept coming in when we were getting ready. Very nice people.

Sadly this isn’t isolated to Poly. Just left AKL 4 night stay and our room was technically cleaned but the cobwebs dangling from the fan and dirty tub said otherwise.:sad2:

From what I've heard, and someone correct me if I am wrong, DVC Villas get daily housekeeping when one stays on a cash-reservation even with appropriate discounts, gets housekeeping daily.

Yes, this is correct. If you book a DVC villa through WDW using cash (and not through DVC using points), your room is treated like every other room on the resort side and you get daily housekeeping. Though, sometimes housekeeping does confuse the rooms. We always book through WDW on cash reservations. Once at BWV, we returned back to our room and it hadn't been cleaned. When I called housekeeping the woman on the phone said she needed to check to see which day we were on and I had to inform her we were booked through WDW not DVC. That cleared it up and we had no other problems through the week.

When I stayed at Disney's Vero Beach Resort on a DVC cash discount I did not get daily housekeeping....just trash and towels on day 4.

If you booked through WDW and not through DVC, then they made a mistake. Rooms booked through WDW using cash and not points receive daily housekeeping.

If you booked through WDW and not through DVC, then they made a mistake. Rooms booked through WDW using cash and not points receive daily housekeeping.
In order to get the DVC member cash discount of 25% I had to book through DVC.
I was told on the phone while booking and by the front desk that I would not get regular housekeeping. When I used to book a regular room stay through the non member website, without the DVC member cash discount, I would get normal daily housekeeping.

We have stayed DVC through Disney quite a few times. We always chuckle because housekeeping always "forgets" that we are cash and doesn't show up for the daily housekeeping, but on checkout day, they are magically there at 9 am banging on the door! It's amazing how that works :)

On our last trip to BLT, we just put the Do Not Disturb sign out and did our own housekeeping all week. It was much easier than dealing with them. I did call housekeeping a few times and they were very generous with fresh towels and bags of toiletries.

Our room at AKL was skipped twice on our trip in April. The first time I just asked for towels and let it go. The second time though I went to the lobby and dealt with someone there and they gave me a small credit off of one night. I wasn’t satisfied that the housekeepers Manager was aware of the situation so I followed up from home and got a follow up call from guest services and the resort and it was more than made up for.

At those prices I shouldn’t have to beg for towels and toilet paper in the lobby. Our housekeeper also walked in on us without knocking, right after we got into our room. She had a huge Dasani bottle that she said she was coming in to leave for us, but to be honest I suspected she was looking for a break. Ours was the last room on the hallway so out of the way and possibly easy to take a break in without being noticed.

The whole thing just left a bad taste, but it can definitely happen anywhere.

I was told on the phone while booking and by the front desk that I would not get regular housekeeping. When I used to book a regular room stay through the non member website, without the DVC member cash discount, I would get normal daily housekeeping.

Yes, that's exactly how it works - book through DVC, no daily housekeeping. book through WDW, get daily housekeeping.

From what I've heard, and someone correct me if I am wrong, DVC Villas get daily housekeeping when one stays on a cash-reservation even with appropriate discounts, gets housekeeping daily.
Yes, non DVC cash stays in DVC villas are supposed to get daily cleaning (although during my cash 10 night stay in a 1 br. @ AKV a couple of years ago the housekeeper 'forgot' to clean the villa and replenish supplies a couple of days, I didn't complain, just grabbed my coffee pack from a passing housekeeper the times it happened.)
My point was that if before DVC they needed 50 housekeepers to clean all the rooms in all the long houses every day and after the DVC conversions of several long houses they calculated they could get by w/ fewer staff (like 30 instead) because they typically would only need staff to clean those former rooms every 4 days perhaps they've miscalculated and reduced cleaning staff a bit too much.

Our room at AKL was skipped twice on our trip in April. The first time I just asked for towels and let it go. The second time though I went to the lobby and dealt with someone there and they gave me a small credit off of one night. I wasn’t satisfied that the housekeepers Manager was aware of the situation so I followed up from home and got a follow up call from guest services and the resort and it was more than made up for.

At those prices I shouldn’t have to beg for towels and toilet paper in the lobby. Our housekeeper also walked in on us without knocking, right after we got into our room. She had a huge Dasani bottle that she said she was coming in to leave for us, but to be honest I suspected she was looking for a break. Ours was the last room on the hallway so out of the way and possibly easy to take a break in without being noticed.

The whole thing just left a bad taste, but it can definitely happen anywhere.

We just had a very similar experience to the original post and this one -- but at POFQ at the end of September/early October. Except in our situation, housekeeping didn't walk in on us, we walked in on some other random employee hanging out in our room on the phone. It, along with some other things having to do with housekeeping, was a bizarre experience that left a very bad impression and made me feel quite uneasy. Ended up contacting guest services and got a follow-up phone call and they also more than made up for it.

When you book through DVC, cash and points reservations are treated the same. Housekeeping services every four days, not daily, unless you pay for daily cleaning. Only cash reservations through Disney Reservation Center get daily full cleaning.

Our room was barely cleaned when we arrived last year. We went down to the check in and they apologized. They sent housekeeping up right away and then gave us a room credit, which was really nice since there was coffee and lipstick on the coffee cups, hair and dirt on the floor and trash in all the bins. I would definitely go say something downstairs! Hope the rest of your trip is great!

This happened to us one year checking in. Not Poly. Went to our assigned room and it wasn’t very clean. Same as what you experienced, hair, dirt, trash in bins. I went to front desk and said I was given a dirty room. I was told they’d send housekeeping up. I said I didn’t want to wait for cleaning nit was late enough, long day traveling, and had a fair amount of knee pain. Told CM I wanted another room.

It wasn’t more than 15 min after we got into new and the duty manager knocked on our door. Apologized profusely. Said he went to check dirty room and told us housekeeper made a mistake and only cleaned for a returning guest, not a new guest. That means sheets wouldn’t have been changed, and room didn’t get a thorough clean. :crazy2: So glad I said something, and didn’t stay in room thinking I’d deal with it in the morning. Yuck. Apparently it was a new employee. I was very impressed with how quickly they handled things and the prompt attention by the resort manager.

Other than this incident I haven’t had any problems with getting room cleaned during our stay. At any resort.

Last edited:
Wow this it the 3rd negative post I have read about the Poly. We finally get to stay there for Labor Day 2018 and I hope things turn around or I will switch!

The third you've seen on this board. There are thousands of people that come in and out of there each week. I wouldn't base your vacation on issues that three people had.

It sucks yes, but I wouldn't let it 100% decide your decision.

The third you've seen on this board. There are thousands of people that come in and out of there each week. I wouldn't base your vacation on issues that three people had.

It sucks yes, but I wouldn't let it 100% decide your decision.

Thanks. It was just the same day I booked that I saw several negative comments. Bad timing!

I have had vacations at WDW where we haven't needed housekeeping every day so we left the DND sign out on purpose. Almost every time we would return to the room and find a bag on the door with fresh towels and toiletries along with a sorry to have missed you card. This was at value and moderate resorts. Granted it has been a few years ago.

We stayed at the Poly this past August and the housekeepers did not do the best they could have. It was like they did as little as possible but we always had soap, towels and the beds made. They did not clean well or empty the trash cans. There was one day our room was immaculate, everything was spotless and it was the day we stayed in our room until afternoon. Whoever the late afternoon housekeeper was she was awesome! If I had known her name I would of made sure to let them know.

So posting after our entire 9 night stay...

We experienced excellent housekeeping at The Polynesian. We were in Fiji, 3rd floor. Cleaned everyday, early afternoon, if I ever requested anything it was brought immediately. I didn't see food trays, garbage in the hallways...we had a great experience. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter