Room service at Disneyland Resorts

MagicalMommaOf2

Disney Mom
Has anyone heard of any plans for room service to resume at DL resort properties?!

It’s such an inconvenience that it’s not being offered and I just don’t seem to understand the justification of it. I can go inside a crowded restaurant maskless but I can’t have a resort lol CM come to my door and drop off a meal so I can eat in my own room?

Just a vent! Let me know if you have heard of it’s return!

Has anyone heard of any plans for room service to resume at DL resort properties?!

It’s such an inconvenience that it’s not being offered and I just don’t seem to understand the justification of it. I can go inside a crowded restaurant maskless but I can’t have a resort lol CM come to my door and drop off a meal so I can eat in my own room?

Just a vent! Let me know if you have heard of it’s return!

It's a staffing issue. Not specifically an infection prevention decision.

It's a staffing issue. Not specifically an infection prevention decision.
That’s sad. I keep hearing mixed messages about staffing issues. Everyone says nobody wants to work but recently a Jolly Holiday table busser told me many of his friends are still waiting for call backs so I’m not sure. Hopefully they work it out soon, prices certainly don’t reflect the lack of house keeping or other amenities. Thanks for the answer though. 😊

That’s sad. I keep hearing mixed messages about staffing issues. Everyone says nobody wants to work but recently a Jolly Holiday table busser told me many of his friends are still waiting for call backs so I’m not sure. Hopefully they work it out soon, prices certainly don’t reflect the lack of house keeping or other amenities. Thanks for the answer though. 😊

As an alternative, they are offering lobby delivery of food from various table service restaurants in Downtown Disney. And honestly, all the options are vastly superior to what room service used to offer. You can easily take the food up to your room to eat and they will take away your trash afterwards.

We stayed at GCH Dec 22-26, and they told us they had just opened up room service Dec 22nd. We didn't order it, so I can't really tell you anything else.

thanks for letting me know! online I still didn't see anything so I had hoped that someone here would know and you did! thank you! you just made this mom with 2 toddlers very happy! thank you!

As an alternative, they are offering lobby delivery of food from various table service restaurants in Downtown Disney. And honestly, all the options are vastly superior to what room service used to offer. You can easily take the food up to your room to eat and they will take away your trash afterwards.

This sounds interesting. I'm starting to consider on whether to cancel my Jan trip but if I do go I am probably going to dump my few reservations and do more carry out or outdoor dining.

Just waiting to see how it goes.

This sounds interesting. I'm starting to consider on whether to cancel my Jan trip but if I do go I am probably going to dump my few reservations and do more carry out or outdoor dining.

Just waiting to see how it goes.

You won't go hungry, so don't worry about that. There are plenty of great options at Downtown Disney. The Taqueria at Tortilla Joe's is surprisingly cheap for large portions of very good food, Napolini has individual pizzas that are the SAME size as the ones from the sit down next door at 1/2 the price. We had Tortilla Joe's delivered one night, got food from the Taqueria one night, and pizzas from Napolini. La Brea Express also has some good grab and go sandwiches and salads.

You won't go hungry, so don't worry about that. There are plenty of great options at Downtown Disney. The Taqueria at Tortilla Joe's is surprisingly cheap for large portions of very good food, Napolini has individual pizzas that are the SAME size as the ones from the sit down next door at 1/2 the price. We had Tortilla Joe's delivered one night, got food from the Taqueria one night, and pizzas from Napolini. La Brea Express also has some good grab and go sandwiches and salads.

Sounds good, although I've eaten at Tortilla Joe's and I thought it was awful (maybe because I'm from the Tex-Mex part of the country and West Coast Latin is not really my vibe).

But did have Napolini and La Brea on my list of places to eat so that's good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter