"Rough" Night

jamsmom

<font color=deeppink>Really isn't mean at all!<br>
Last night, chellnjr asked if any of us had ever been in an abusive relationship. I e-mailed her telling her of my story (which by the way was over 10 years ago)

It didn't surprise me that I dreamed of my ex-husband, but what did surprise me was that he said all the apologies, etc. and that I fell for it AGAIN..... I sat there and belived all his lies. This time, though, my son was involved

Of course, it ended uop like all abusive relationships do ... in violence AGAIN. ....another knife to my throat.

I haven't had a dream like that in a LONG time. Then, I got up this morning and realized it was his birthday. So, I called my special number to make sure he is tucked away still! Yep, he is still there...Thank Goodness!

Carol, I'm sorry you had to go through such rough times. But thankfully last night was just a dream. And I'm glad your ex is somewhere that allows you to feel peace. That is good!

(((hugs)))

I cant even imagine how horrible that ust have been. :(

I am very prone to nightmares especially after my dad died but thankfully havent had the " one" in a very long time

Im so glad you are safe now :)

Thank you! It just felt so real (as do most dreams)

Then, top think that I fell for all his crap again. That really scared me. Even though it was a dream.

I gave a talk last Sunday night about being sexually assaulted when I was 13. It took a couple of weeks to write it, then I had to discuss it with the pastor and friends to make sure it sounded okay. I also had horrible dreams during the last two weeks. It's amazing how just talking about it can bring up all those old memories. It's also amazing to me how real they can feel. You wake up feeling like it just happened.

jamsmom, I hope your dreams are over. I haven't had another one since Sunday. My heart and prayers go out to you.

So glad that you are safe now. Just remember, it was just a bad dream. I'm sure you've become a much stronger person now too. You'd never go back to a person like that.

(((Hugs)))

I will pray that God takes all of your bad dreams away!!!

(((Hugs))) to you kiddo. :D

Carol {{{HUGS}}} to you. So sorry to hear that he invaded your dreams like that. Glad to hear that he is somewhere that makes it safe for you. May tonight be filled with happy dreams or just peaceful, restful sleep.

But, you know...(now that I heave calmed down a little)..

The bad dream was worth it if just one thing I said in my e-mail will help chellnjr's friend. It may not happen now, this week, this month, or year...but hopefully at some point it may.

Oh Carol, I am sorry that you had a rough night, especially since it was because of my question.

May you have wonderful dreams tonight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter