Roundup Rodeo BBQ - Who's Planning On Going?

Roundup Rodeo BBQ - Are you going to try an get an ADR?

• Yes - March or April

Votes: 32 10.6%
  • Yes - May

Votes: 55 18.2%
  • Yes - June

Votes: 46 15.2%
  • Yes - July

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Yes - August

Votes: 27 8.9%
  • Yes - September

Votes: 15 5.0%
  • Yes - October

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • Yes - November

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • Yes - December

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • No - I will not try to get an ADR for this restaurant this year.

Votes: 76 25.2%

• Total voters
I was going to say if folks want pictures I’ll share a few, but it looks like there’s videos out there now.

I thought it was a great experience, and the theming was superb. The cast were in character (hopefully they’ll still be enthusiastic after months of it!).

I have one sorta spoiler I guess. Look away now if you don’t want to know

When you get checked in, they tell you to strike your best Andy’s coming freeze pose. Later on while you’re dining, you’ll hear “Andy’s coming” and the cast freeze and you strike your pose!

I want to book a Fantasmic Dining Package for our trip this year so this isn’t in the cards for us. Although, I do think my son would like the food here more than at any other table service at HS.

Reactions: slo
DS (9) really wants to go , but picky eater that he is - I'm not sure there is anything on this menu he will eat. Not even the corn since it's covered in mayonnaise or the mac and cheese! sigh... I"m wondering if there's any chance he could order chicken fingers or at least fries? Has anyone been to one of the other BBQ meals and know if it's offered at those?

According to google, Bonnie is 5 years old in the movie. Do 5 year old know the difference? I genuinely don't know since I don't have kids.
I have three. Two of my kids absolutely would know at 5. By time you are 5 your language skills are considered developed and you just build on that. My other kid is cognitively disabled with minimal speech. At five he knew fork, spoon and knife and if I gave him a spork he would have said "what's this?" therefore understanding it was not a fork or spoon.

I get it, not a big deal but a real pet peeve for me. I guess because in our house it was a focus to use proper words especially when the kids were younger so they didn't fall in trap of using wrong terms later.

Of course I couldn't help that when my DD watched Rescuers she thought the dragonfly was called Evinrude because it was an Evinrude. So when she was with friends (as young adult) and referred to the Evinrude to her friends ... and then came home to yell at us. :teeth:

I ate there yesterday. The theming is cool - daycares wish they looked like that!

It’s good to middling bbq fare, about standard for Orlando and probably what you’d expect for Disney BBQ.

Tomato salad - good as were the biscuits
The brisket is good, the ribs were decent.
The cowpoke corn on the cob was very good and was my favorite side
The apple tart pie desert was my favorite. Chocolate pie second. I thought both were better than the cheesecake.

I enjoyed the theming and the “show”. The cast members were in character and they were very amusing! No spoilers…ride the horse to your table!!!! And look for hidden mickeys!!
Thanks for the detailed and awesome report. I think you answered lots of questions plus some. Atmosphere sounds fun. Guess I'll be stalking it.

DS (9) really wants to go , but picky eater that he is - I'm not sure there is anything on this menu he will eat. Not even the corn since it's covered in mayonnaise or the mac and cheese! sigh... I"m wondering if there's any chance he could order chicken fingers or at least fries? Has anyone been to one of the other BBQ meals and know if it's offered at those?
My guess is since it appears to be freestanding, not even close to another restaurant they don't share a kitchen. Whatever they provide will have to come from their kitchen. Best bet is just keep following along to see if they have provided anyone else with different options. And any new menu may change if they find people are not ordering specific items enough to keep them on the menu.

Only doing one day in HS in September so this is a no. Will do Brown Derby or Sci-Fi instead, and have BBQ at the Regal Eagle in EPCOT. Between this and NOT riding Slinky Dog Dash (no kids tagging along, so not high on our priority list), Toy Story land will be a quick visit on our way to Batuu.

I thought the plant based menu looked really interesting, definitely would have mobile ordered. But with a prix fixe at this pricing, this is a hard pass for me.

We are going for a quick trip in May & have tickets to the After Hours event at DHS. I was able to snag a 7:55 reservation at 60 days.

We have an ADR in May. I think the kids will like the theming, so we'll give it a shot. When I booked the ADR, I figured we have enough time to read reviews and cancel if needed.

I booked for April, hoping new restaurant issues are worked out and reviews are plentiful. I think my 3 year old would love it (he's not into Toy Story much, but the theming would be fun to look at regardless). We'll see if I keep it!

I’m hanging out by the restaurant entrance waiting to check in and listening to someone named Tim record himself. Apparently there’s a fish option?!

We have a dinner ADR there for our upcoming trip, but I'm not sold yet. Waiting to see the reviews come in, but we will probably wind up releasing it in favor of 50's Prime Time.

I’m afraid it’s salmon :) delicious cedar plank saloon salmon.
I guess I should have known. Salmon is quite plentiful at Disney, perhaps they grow their own.

So is it a full replacement option for the entree or can it be added to the BBQ options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter