Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

I shall attempt to remember to yell at you at 8:30 tonight. Assuming I have not fallen asleep watching Dancing with the Stars (spoiler - this is a very likely scenario).

You will look adorable at Disney no matter what, but I hear you about doing my beauty primping before a trip. I've dyed my hair at home plenty of times with (usually :D ) good results. Good luck!

Sounds like a great weekend!!
And sometimes runs just don't happen- I know you'll do it tonight though!

I had to take 1/2 PTO to get my hair done next week before our November vacation, which seems really silly! But if I didn't do that, I couldn't get an evening appointment until the middle of December. (FunFact- this appointment will be my 1st time ever dying my hair! Ahh! I'm getting high/low lights... my grays are driving me crazy!)

Dancing with the Stars

I forgot it was DWTS night! YESSS! I'll be awake at 8:30 and will do my best to remember to yell at you.

Side note: I know you've tossed around the idea of getting a treadmill. We're tossing the same idea around, as I'm thinking it'd be one less excuse to skip/modify a run (for both of us). Have you come across a review website that you trust? There was great material in the old Runner's World community forums, but they've taken the forums down (instead of archiving them) and migrated to Facebook.

ETA: I should be clear that the "for both of us" I was referring to above was me and @MoanasPapa. Didn't mean to imply that @roxymama was a run-skipping accomplice.

Last edited:
I forgot it was DWTS night! YESSS! I'll be awake at 8:30 and will do my best to remember to yell at you.

Side note: I know you've tossed around the idea of getting a treadmill. We're tossing the same idea around, as I'm thinking it'd be one less excuse to skip/modify a run (for both of us). Have you come across a review website that you trust? There was great material in the old Runner's World community forums, but they've taken the forums down (instead of archiving them) and migrated to Facebook.
Gonna butt in: https://www.treadmilldoctor.com/reviews

I bought a Nordic-Trac in Nov/Dec 2012 and it has treated me really well. It had verrrry little use for about the first year and then again for another year in there after a surgery (it didn't take me a year to recover btw ha). But in the last year 1.5 years, I've put hundreds of miles on it, including several double digit runs (#winter bleh) and it's still going strong.

I am sure there are other good brands out there, but just my experience. When I bought mine, the salesperson was helpful in recommending a long enough belt for running and a strong enough motor- mine is realllly heavy. Moving it out of my apartment into our house's basement after we got married solidified the fact that it will get sold with the house. One stair trip was enough ;)

I shall attempt to remember to yell at you at 8:30 tonight. Assuming I have not fallen asleep watching Dancing with the Stars (spoiler - this is a very likely scenario).

You will look adorable at Disney no matter what, but I hear you about doing my beauty primping before a trip. I've dyed my hair at home plenty of times with (usually :D ) good results. Good luck!

I'll yell at you to wake up if you yell at me to run...Deal? Although, not waking up also sounds lovely.

Sounds like a great weekend!!
And sometimes runs just don't happen- I know you'll do it tonight though!

I had to take 1/2 PTO to get my hair done next week before our November vacation, which seems really silly! But if I didn't do that, I couldn't get an evening appointment until the middle of December. (FunFact- this appointment will be my 1st time ever dying my hair! Ahh! I'm getting high/low lights... my grays are driving me crazy!)

OMG! I wish I waited to dye my hair until the grays started coming. I have like a very light-shifty auburn/brunette color and I wish I'd not messed with it. Because it would always be my real color fighting through whatever I picked out. Which I guess it still does but with more gray (yay??) I have it fighting through dark brown right now and I think I may red it up again...hmmmmmmm????? (I go through this debate literally every 3 months)

I haven't really gone too deep dive into the reviews yet. I keep fighting the urge but I think it may time to really look into it.

Gracias! Well now I know where to do some light reading tonight!

Gracias! Well now I know where to do some light reading tonight!

Me too. Thanks, Internet Ariel!

I bought a Nordic-Trac in Nov/Dec 2012 and it has treated me really well.

Thank you for adding this! I feel like I've read such hot/cold review of NT... the original one I thought we wanted was an NT, but then I read reviews that made it seem like maybe it couldn't withstand both DH (who is not tiny) and me (also not tiny) both doing our weekday and LRs on it and still have any kind of lifespan. So to see that someone is putting high miles on it and having a good experience is really helpful context - thank you!

OMG! I wish I waited to dye my hair until the grays started coming. I have like a very light-shifty auburn/brunette color and I wish I'd not messed with it. Because it would always be my real color fighting through whatever I picked out. Which I guess it still does but with more gray (yay??) I have it fighting through dark brown right now and I think I may red it up again...hmmmmmmm????? (I go through this debate literally every 3 months)
My sister has been dying her hair since middle school and my mom always dyes hers, but I just have never jumped on their band wagon. Having such dark hair, I don't know what to do! (Suggestions welcome ;) )
Do you do 1 color all over or highlights/lowlights?

My sister has been dying her hair since middle school and my mom always dyes hers, but I just have never jumped on their band wagon. Having such dark hair, I don't know what to do! (Suggestions welcome ;) )
Do you do 1 color all over or highlights/lowlights?

I do all one color because my grays tend to eventually act as highlights (haha)
I'd go to someone else with recs as I'm pretty non-risk with hair. Ponytails for life!

HUZZAH!

Wave 1: Corral C! (out of A-Q...it's a big race)

Thank goodness I don't have to stand around forever as it'll probably be in the 50's and I'll be wearing short sleeves. I'll take this placement since that was my main concern. Same corral I was in last year and that was just fine by me. I imagine I won't be jockeying to be right up front of the corral like last year.

OH WAIT WEATHER UPDATE!!!
It's gonna be like 34 and sunny????? Won't get up to 40 until 11am long after race will be done. Sooooo....maybe not short sleeves afterall! Even happier I'm in the third corral now...and that I'll be in Florida a few days later BRRRRRR

Wow - look at that weather on Sunday morning - yikes! Running a 5K with @mateojr on Sunday and didn't really pay attention to weather until I saw your post. Brrr!!!

Double yay for your Wave 1!!! Maybe jockey into the middle of Corral C to keep warm!

Yay! I knew you'd do that treadmill run last night! Sounds like our temps will be similar for my race this weekend. It's so hard to figure out pre-race comfort! Have you done throwaway sweats before?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter