Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ignore it. No way that post is true. Either the poster is lying to get attention or the person they got their info from is lying. Do you think Disney would be offering a special starting June 1 if they really thought that? Not no but heck no.

Well, Disneyland offered specials/discounts that they weren't able to fulfill, so yes, definitely, I do. Especially when you consider that every person they can get to book right now, means money in the bank earning interest. Even if they have to refund them later, they've still earned a bit off them.

Food Blog posted about the FP issues

my cautiously optimistic yet anxiety riddled brain right now is thinking phased openings/opps adjustments from Aug/Sept this year till mid 2022 and even then like post 911 things will be a new normal (like temperature checks at security will probably stick around as well as masks)

as to the pp about buffets I wouldn’t be surprised if some of those restaurants become more family style meals (like Ohana or whispering canyon presently are)

I don't have much of a problem with the temperature checks ( tho I don't think they will be much good - DS9 is warm- blooded and wakes up warm just about every day - on the other hand, my temp is constantly at 97.2

And we go in July - many ppl might show a bit of a higher fever

They masks - another story - would have to find another place to vacation if it means wearing mask entire trip
JMHO
YMMV

I've been thinking about this lately and I think it'll be a while before I could stomach going to a Disney park. NOT because I am afraid of catching anything, whether Covid or whatever, but because I think these proposed changes will significantly change the experience of being in the parks. For me, a major part of being there is the escapism element - but the idea of seeing forced social distancing, hand wash stations everywhere, and possibly even cast members in masks is just a huge bummer. And yes I get it, safety, but that's not the experience I would be paying all that money for and that I have grown to love. If, like in the case of bag check/security, they could come up with a way to enforce health and safety before guests entered the park, then that would be another story. Maybe we'll get used to it, but man, what a bummer.

I hope that maybe in a year or so, we'll either be beyond this or better measures will have been enacted, tested, and put in place that maintain the guest experience without being overly intrusive. We'll see.

I've been thinking about this lately and I think it'll be a while before I could stomach going to a Disney park. NOT because I am afraid of catching anything, whether Covid or whatever, but because I think these proposed changes will significantly change the experience of being in the parks. For me, a major part of being there is the escapism element - but the idea of seeing forced social distancing, hand wash stations everywhere, and possibly even cast members in masks is just a huge bummer. And yes I get it, safety, but that's not the experience I would be paying all that money for and that I have grown to love. If, like in the case of bag check/security, they could come up with a way to enforce health and safety before guests entered the park, then that would be another story. Maybe we'll get used to it, but man, what a bummer.

View attachment 486877

I hope that maybe in a year or so, we'll either be beyond this or better measures will have been enacted, tested, and put in place that maintain the guest experience without being overly intrusive. We'll see.
Brooklyn
This x 1000 !

View attachment 486877

This. We won't return until Disney is back to "normal" - at least in the sense of running full capacity, all attractions, entertainment etc... That said, the idea of temp checks at the gate, wearing masks, sanitizers etc.. doesn't bother me as much as just knowing that so much of the experience will be reduced. We're not flying/driving from Canada, for a partial experience. Which makes me sad, we were really hoping to go next summer, but honestly, I highly doubt Disney is back to normal by then. Not unless we get some really solid treatments etc... or, by some miracle, Covid goes the way of SARS and just... disappears.

First of all, how are you getting there. Airplane ? I don’t know when I would be comfortable in a plane with 100 + people

Two spending all that money and not being able to get in ? If limiteping number of guests mean not everyone is getting in

third. How are you going to distance each other, in a park with nobody on lines. Where are these people going to hang.

face masks, good ideas until it’s 100 degrees out side , And you want something to drink. Or eat. Down comes the face mask. I will bet no bet is going to facemask for 12 hours

I have an April 29 to May 2 res which they have not cancelled yet but they cancelled all our meals and fastpasses. I think a different group at Disney is responsible for hotel cancellations. We have backup reservations for mid June. We'll see.:sunny:

We currently have a trip planned for the fall and I had all these plans previously outlined for an extended trip that would now be affected by any modified experience implemented at WDW (and Universal too since we had a couple days planned there are well). I don't see WDW returning to anything close to normal this year and probably well into the next. One item we had never done was the Hoop-Dee-Doo, but I'm not sure if that will be up and running or will be really tough to get due to limited seating.

But we also wanted to do the MNSSHP. Since a large part of these parties are the M&Gs, the parade, and the show from the castle, and without knowing if there will even be parties this year and if there are would they be without any of the items I listed (or even more like not handing out candy), I can't see spending money on it.

I think once we do know of any modified experience and how it would effect our visit, we'd probably end up cancelling. The real deal-breaker is F&W - if that's get cancelled for this year we are definitely not going.

After going to the grocery store this morning and feeling like I was in an episode of the Handmaid's Tale I will most definitely not be going to WDW until it is back to normal. Being counted as I went in, having to wear a mask, only going certain ways in the aisles, being told over and over again to maintain 6 feet, being monitored, half empty shelves, etc. It caused me anxiety just being there. I can't imagine not having complete freedom while at WDW. It's my happy place and I don't want it ruined or tainted.

I would love to take my son in May 2021 but only if it's back to normal. If not we will wait.

Please site source for COVID high risk groups including history of ear infections as a kid and asthma that was outgrown. We go to WDW frequently and I’ve never read that these were included. Thanks

I do not have the links off the top of my head, but I have read reports of asthma as a child, even if outgrown, being a risk factor. I would suspect this is because asthma can cause permanent damage to the lungs.

After going to the grocery store this morning and feeling like I was in an episode of the Handmaid's Tale I will most definitely not be going to WDW until it is back to normal. Being counted as I went in, having to wear a mask, only going certain ways in the aisles, being told over and over again to maintain 6 feet, being monitored, half empty shelves, etc. It caused me anxiety just being there. I can't imagine not having complete freedom while at WDW. It's my happy place and I don't want it ruined or tainted.

I would love to take my son in May 2021 but only if it's back to normal. If not we will wait.

I have heard so many people express similar sentiments. I am so thankful we live in an area that is offering delivery of groceries. Our bill has increased significantly, but... I would hate to experience this. 😔

I have heard so many people express similar sentiments. I am so thankful we live in an area that is offering delivery of groceries. Our bill has increased significantly, but... I would hate to experience this. 😔

We always do shop from home and just pick it up or have it delivered. But since Covid took off, the stores in my area don't have the manpower to handle the shop from home. Those people are doing stocking and disinfecting, etc. I suppose I could use instacart but so much stuff is sold out, at this point, I prefer going just so I can buy a substitute instead of not getting it at all.

Our grocery bill has gone up significantly due to cheaper items being sold out so we are forced to buy the more expensive brand.

Next week I'm going to shop during special hours for healthcare workers (8-10 pm) so hopefully it's not as bad. HOpefully there's no line just to get in. I went this morning since I took off today and figured I could just get it done.

We had to reschedule from March to mid June and we are planning on Disney opening June 1 with temp checks and health screening at security, reduced ride capacity, much longer (length wise) lines due to social distancing in queues, no indoor theater shows, no character meet and greets unless they are already in a suit and can hide a mask under there (Mickey, Minnie, etc), and no buffets. We will see how many of those predictions come to fruition. I’m interested in the lack of Fast Passes since I haven’t really had a problem getting dining reservations at table restaurants, and I feel like those would be more problematic in terms of spreading illness. I guess I’m assuming indoor rides have pretty good air exchange rates.

For our part, we will be driving down, loading up on hand sanitizer, bringing masks, and driving our car from park to park instead of relying on Disney transportation.

I'm trying to be optimistic about our late-August trip. We will be prepared with masks, wipes, sanitizer, etc. It certainly won't be convenient, but as long as the parks are open for a few weeks in advance, and things seem to be going well, I think it's feasible. We are fortunate in that we don't have any underlying medical issues. I hope there will be more clarity by mid-July to see if it's even possible.

I will say that shopping is not like that down here, but I haven’t gone to the store myself. I only know what my friends have told me.

I am booked for WDW end of May 2021. If it’s not back to normal by then I feel I will have more important things to worry about at the time.

I will say that shopping is not like that down here, but I haven’t gone to the store myself. I only know what my friends have told me.

I am booked for WDW end of May 2021. If it’s not back to normal by then I feel I will have more important things to worry about at the time.

I’m in NJ so it’s a bit stricter here.

We just have a system of trust where I am, and a queueing system where the greeter calls on a customer after one leaves. However, no masks are mandated, especially since the advice on wearing them is dubious, and some police forces have been criticised for suggesting that they search shoppers to see if they're buying anything 'essential' or not.

I hear you! Grocery shopping around here just feels very sad and dystopian, and it seems to feel more so every time I go (not that it's super often right now). Having that kind of vibe at Disney would just not feel right. I have trips on the books for later this year, but depending on how Disney reopening shakes out (assuming it does by the time my trips are up) I may reconsider and just plan to do them later. You hit the nail on the head with the idea of "complete freedom". Disney is one of the few people where I can go to feel like I'm completely carefree and can come and go and do as I like, and I'm not sure I'd feel that great about not having it that way.

Just ignore it. No way that post is true. Either the poster is lying to get attention or the person they got their info from is lying. Do you think Disney would be offering a special starting June 1 if they really thought that? Not no but heck no.
I fully expect that it is true they need to prepare for a Nov 2020 opening. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best. There is NO WAY they will be reopening with ~1000 people dying a day and doctors and nurses dying to save them. I think some posters here are enjoying the luxury of being at home and have no idea how bad this is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter