Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeSantis, in a manner, blamed the higher death rates in southern Florida on out of state (New York) travelers going to southern Florida. I don’t know if that’s based in fact, but he mentioned it.

Now imagine those same out of staters being attracted to Florida for other reasons. For example, wrestlemania (as mentioned by the governor today) or Disney world.

It certainly seems even the Florida governor isn’t ready for Disney world to open up to non-locals.

DeSantis, in a manner, blamed the higher death rates in southern Florida on out of state (New York) travelers going to southern Florida. I don’t know if that’s based in fact, but he mentioned it.

Now imagine those same out of staters being attracted to Florida for other reasons. For example, wrestlemania (as mentioned by the governor today) or Disney world.

It certainly seems even the Florida governor isn’t ready for Disney world to open up to non-locals.
Keep those Yankees fans out of Florida.

taking safety measures doesnt mean you aren’t pro business
[/QUOTE

Yeah he was yelling stop the planes when people with second homes who live in Manhattan were scattering all over and a lot came to south Florida! I believe there is still a 14 day quarentine in effect for ny and Louisiana residents entering the state! He can just leave that in place and open Disney without any worries (except for nj, mass, ct, md? Oh forget it the parks will be empty just leave them closed!

taking safety measures doesnt mean you aren’t pro business

I didnt think it was one absolute or another, I thought the OP said he hoped the local Cali government was MORE pro business which you know... allows for "more" and not "absolute firewalled extreme narrow minded my way or the highway you hater of life". Sheesh people RELAX

It’s crazy because us New Yorkers see a lot of Florida license plates all summer here trying to escape the heat before they go back in October. Again we are all citizens of the US. No more blame game let’s just get healthy!

Travel insurance could be relevant but no to healthcare costs. I’ve said this many times but if you feel a post is off topic use the report feature.
I think the mods are getting a little heavy-handed with the post deleting. I believe it was brought up by another mod not to report things you disagree with just for the sole reason you disagree with it. It was my impression you guys are getting overwhelmed with people reporting things.

I think the mods are getting a little heavy-handed with the post deleting. I believe it was brought up by another mod not to report things you disagree with just for the sole reason you disagree with it. It was my impression you guys are getting overwhelmed with people reporting things.
I’m not overwhelmed, others may be though. It helps posts I may have missed. Each board has its own mod or set of mods who deal specifically with that board.

It’s crazy because us New Yorkers see a lot of Florida license plates all summer here trying to escape the heat before they go back in October. Again we are all citizens of the US. No more blame game let’s just get healthy!
Im not defending his words used from yesterday and other press conferences, the issue was when NYC declared their stay at home and it was evident that the situation was very serious for them a lot of people booked flights to leave, a lot came to south Florida where they have family and friends. This is why he also issued the travel restrictions

Currently chances may be low. Come the 2nd wave, no one knows how bad it may get.

No sane person should travel without covid included on their travel insurance.
And if no insurance company covers it, then that will solve the problem of being overcrowded.
Currently chances may be low. Come the 2nd wave, no one knows how bad it may get.

No sane person should travel without covid included on their travel insurance.

I just watched it he is allowing the following except in Palm Beach Broward and Dade County who remain in a stay at home order
The rest of the state will have elective surgery, restaurants at 25% capacity indoor and outdoor retail at 25% capacity except movies spas and gyms Schools remain closed no visits to nursing homes or assisted living with continuous testing of all workers and residents by national guard! Now for what you all want to hear phase two in weeks not months and large crowds in the summer mentioned June or july depending on how things play out
Thank you for the summary!

I don't know if this has anything to do with the shut down and possible reopening but I am unable to get an ADR at Chef Arts Homecoming for anytime during a 10 day period at the end of July. Did they stop taking reservations or is just that hard to get one?

I don't know if this has anything to do with the shut down and possible reopening but I am unable to get an ADR at Chef Arts Homecoming for anytime during a 10 day period at the end of July. Did they stop taking reservations or is just that hard to get one?
probably booked up

... not that hard to get an ADR. Probably suspended reservations. Try calling directly

Edit: just checked. I don’t know your exact dates but I see availability all throughout June July and August. For all times of the day....So my initial thought was wrong, but I see plenty of availability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter