Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was the May calendar which I thought was interesting. I don’t know if it has always looked like that because I just started marking reservations so this could be old news. I tried several restaurants in May just to see and they all look like this
Huh... wonder if that means Disney Springs will open in May...

This is a great sign of things opening up! Once these arrive, *they can be sold en masse at the parks... They're cute and cheap, so the impulse to purchase has few negative implications.. this might be all they need. If masks are the new fashion accessory then they don't need to be mandatory necessarily if everybody wants to wear them anyway. ❤
Assuming they have the quantities needed!

Yeah I think it's still just speculation as well. My comment was also just speculation because I thought the sudden lack of availability for the entire month was odd. Could be for numerous other reasons, but thought it was worth noting regardless.
I would say it’s a bit more than speculation with Iger and the NBA in talks but nothing certain yet. The sports leagues are weighing all options at this point.

Key point in this is “financial risk”. Even being here in the States, I own my business. Thankfully I’m still doing somewhat well through all of this. I’m a jogger, I’m mostly healthy, early 40s, with no underlying conditions. I can not afford to catch this and be out of work for 2 to 3 weeks, I would lose all I have.
Over the past decade we have averaged 1.25 trips a year to Disney. We are as much Disney suckers as anyone else, but I can’t risk infection in what is a petri disk like WDW. I’m not sure you all of you understand the amount of hand sanitizer, masks, and soaps that would be needed to be constantly refilled. The staffing/logistics is almost impossible. They would need tanker trucks hand sanitizer coming daily, the industrial market is having trouble keeping up now. Now think of the “essential” businesses that need PPE.

Long ago we downgraded to staying offsite, no longer get the meal plan, and mostly only stay for about 6 nights and 4 park days. We have found ways to save money. But as cheap as we can get is is about 3.5k. I can’t sink that kind of money to wear a mask (super great while drinking and listening to live music at the Edison right?), having half open parks, ohh and then might get horribly sick or you know... die! 3.5k we can vacation in a luxury cabin in Colorado and eat steak every night for dinner!

Peoples, it’s living in Fantasy Land to be live going to Disney is a good idea right now.
So don’t go to Disney then go to a cabin and eat steak.

The medium Star Wars I wanted already sold out 😔
That's exactly what I ordered - was in waiting queue for around 3 mins, but did receive a confirmation and email -
Would be nice for our July 14 trip if it happens
Looks like several are sold out now. All Star Wars sizes are out. Medium and Large Mickey's. Small and Medium princesses. Large Pixar.

Key point in this is “financial risk”. Even being here in the States, I own my business. Thankfully I’m still doing somewhat well through all of this. I’m a jogger, I’m mostly healthy, early 40s, with no underlying conditions. I can not afford to catch this and be out of work for 2 to 3 weeks, I would lose all I have.
Over the past decade we have averaged 1.25 trips a year to Disney. We are as much Disney suckers as anyone else, but I can’t risk infection in what is a petri disk like WDW. I’m not sure you all of you understand the amount of hand sanitizer, masks, and soaps that would be needed to be constantly refilled. The staffing/logistics is almost impossible. They would need tanker trucks hand sanitizer coming daily, the industrial market is having trouble keeping up now. Now think of the “essential” businesses that need PPE.

Long ago we downgraded to staying offsite, no longer get the meal plan, and mostly only stay for about 6 nights and 4 park days. We have found ways to save money. But as cheap as we can get is is about 3.5k. I can’t sink that kind of money to wear a mask (super great while drinking and listening to live music at the Edison right?), having half open parks, ohh and then might get horribly sick or you know... die! 3.5k we can vacation in a luxury cabin in Colorado and eat steak every night for dinner!

Peoples, it’s living in Fantasy Land to be live going to Disney is a good idea right now.

We each have our own tolerance for risk, I believe the data supports a trip this summer and that my drive from the Midwest to Orlando is more dangerous than catching Covid while enjoying Disneyworld.

Yup, closing the beaches down too in CA. Doesn’t bode well for an early Disneyland opening.
Don't know if you listened to the CA Gov daily presser yesterday, but Gov was MIFFED! He didn't want the beaches open and he REALLY didn't like that the Newport Beach city council voted down a motion to close their beaches 5-2. IMHO, this is a personal control thing having little to do with CV. I fear this will not end well. Best guess is Iger will lay low till this blows over. Even mentioning DL opening would stir the pot for sure.

Don't know if you listened to the CA Gov daily presser yesterday, but Gov was MIFFED! He didn't want the beaches open and he REALLY didn't like that the Newport Beach city council voted down a motion to close their beaches 5-2. IMHO, this is a personal control thing having little to do with CV. I fear this will not end well. Best guess is Iger will lay low till this blows over. Even mentioning DL opening would stir the pot for sure.
Doesn't the governor have the power to close all beaches at the state level, if he wanted to? If he wanted them closed, not sure why he waited so long...

Disney’s quarter conference call is scheduled for May 5th at 430 eastern time. I’m guessing we will get some ideas then with what’s going on
I agree, I think we will get some clarity after that! *hopefully*

We have a Jun 9-15th reservation and If it's not going to happen, I would love to know sooner than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter