Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I've been reading from NBA reporters is that one of the big draws of WDW (vs. Vegas - the other most commonly mentioned site) is the control they would have over it because it would all be on Disney property and under Disney control. This would make it less likely they'd use a third party hotel.

I just watched it he is allowing the following except in Palm Beach Broward and Dade County who remain in a stay at home order
The rest of the state will have elective surgery, restaurants at 25% capacity indoor and outdoor retail at 25% capacity except movies spas and gyms Schools remain closed no visits to nursing homes or assisted living with continuous testing of all workers and residents by national guard! Now for what you all want to hear phase two in weeks not months and large crowds in the summer mentioned June or july depending on how things play out
Promising for our November trip!

This is a great sign of things opening up! Once these arrive, *they can be sold en masse at the parks... They're cute and cheap, so the impulse to purchase has few negative implications.. this might be all they need. If masks are the new fashion accessory then they don't need to be mandatory necessarily if everybody wants to wear them anyway. ❤

They are cute!
But no matter how cute I just can’t see myself wearing them in the August heat and humidity. Nor my preteen boys who run hot as it is. It will just feel suffocating in the heat. ☹️

Yeah I agree.

But they usually do have dates, this one seems like its different than others.
Going by the fact that he said he didn't have specific dates in mind to move from one phase to the next, I suppose he's just winging it. One order will stay in effect until he feels like they can make changes. It would be nice to see some ballpark figures...move to phase 2 by X date assuming things are progressing well sort of thing.

They are cute!
But no matter how cute I just can’t see myself wearing them in the August heat and humidity. Nor my preteen boys who run hot as it is. It will just feel suffocating in the heat. ☹
Yeah, I hear you-- I'm making my own (heck of a lot thicker) facemasks. It's going to be a bob-and-weave situation between AC locales and shade...

I could see it going both ways - I also know a lot of people that feel really pent up and just dying to go on a vacation. I know a lot of people are out of work (or worried about economics) but other people have have seeing their net position increase as they are spending a lot less what home but still making the same income
We also have to take in to account foreign guests as well, there is a huge amount of travel that comes from over seas and a lot of those people either won't be able to (due to either finances or travel bans), or they have already canceled or moved their dates to a more sure time. I for one wouldn't want to spend that much money and time to come over for what could be a very watered down experience. I'm willing to go because I'm AP and go several times a year, it's not once in a lifetime or every few years kind of trip for me like it is for many who travel from other countries. I have several friends in the UK who have already put off their trips, and I'm in a FB group that is mainly UK residents who have pretty much mostly decided to reschedule for a more certain time. I think I'm the next person in the group to go and a lot of them are waiting on my report back about the experience. I agree though that it could go either way, but believe the scales may tip more towards lower numbers than we have seen in most recent years.

I don't know if this has anything to do with the shut down and possible reopening but I am unable to get an ADR at Chef Arts Homecoming for anytime during a 10 day period at the end of July. Did they stop taking reservations or is just that hard to get one?
I just looked it up for a party of 2 and have at least two times available every day I look starting around July 15 on. I usually find it near impossible to get an ADR at Homecomin' beyond the 6 month mark, and since we're nearing FB booking time I'd say we're lucky to see anything. Of course the times are fantastic, it's great for either early diners or late night folks, but they definitely don't appear to be holding back reservations, it's just pretty booked (as usual). I would keep checking though, you never know when people will cancel right now.

They are cute!
But no matter how cute I just can’t see myself wearing them in the August heat and humidity. Nor my preteen boys who run hot as it is. It will just feel suffocating in the heat. ☹
If the heat and humidity’s not bad enough there’s also the torrential downpours that occur every afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter