Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know..... I read through the 20 some odd pages of post in the last few days and I'm not so sure theme parks are going to be much fun for a while. If they hadnt already existed with an established fanbase I dont think they would be an attractive option for a week of getting away from reality. Walt guaranteed an experience based on controlled danger, bring you right to the edge, but you always knew you were going to be okay. I think now the measures take that right out of the equation. If anything you might be even MORE aware that real danger lurks unseen. I've been going yearly, twice a year for the last 4 years but I think and hope I can go back when things are more like they were or I may just hang on to memories when Disney was still a human experience. I can only hope we put this in the history books.

You know..... I read through the 20 some odd pages of post in the last few days and I'm not so sure theme parks are going to be much fun for a while. If they hadnt already existed with an established fanbase I dont think they would be an attractive option for a week of getting away from reality. Walt guaranteed an experience based on controlled danger, bring you right to the edge, but you always knew you were going to be okay. I think now the measures take that right out of the equation. If anything you might be even MORE aware that real danger lurks unseen. I've been going yearly, twice a year for the last 4 years but I think and hope I can go back when things are more like they were or I may just hang on to memories when Disney was still a human experience. I can only hope we put this in the history books.
This summer will not be the time for anyone to go as a first time there trip.

Disney is probably not going to have many Canadians going to the parks for awhile. With the U.S. moving so quick to reopen where Canada is going very slow, its going to be very difficult to get medical insurance that's covers Covid-19. Its going to keep many Canadians home.
Europe will probably stay closed til October/November for travel abroad.

Last edited:
While we have gotten off topic a little, this is something that is IMPORTANT and it is one of the fears I have when the park opens.

When the parks do open, you WILL SEE older people there, people in wheelchairs, overweight people, etc...... Please keep any comments to yourself. It is not your job nor is it any of your business to go up to them and say something. That will just make everything even more hectic than it already will be.

Like @cakebaker said, it is their choice if they want to be there and they are only putting THEMSELVES and risk.

Absolutely. As long as people are not putting other people at risk, they shouldn't be bothered. But if someone, regardless of their condition, is putting others at risk, hopefully people will alert a CM and not try to fix it themselves. I can't imagine how difficult it will be for Disney to enforce rules. You'd like to hope guests will do their part, but I doubt 100 percent of guests will actively follow whatever rules Disney has put in place.

Going by what some have said on here, preparing to open could be a matter of days and not weeks
Depends what the preparations are. If its next to nothing as many have suggested then days seems possible.

If it's real mitigation measures then there would be a huge amount of work. Spacing markers for every ride/attraction/store etc alone would be a fairly massive tasks. If they really did it properly and put screens around all checkouts etc like most other retailers are doing as proper social distancing then that to me sounds like several weeks work at least.

You’re sure?

Raise your hand if you work in Corporate America and know firsthand the daily/hourly "prep" meetings that have been happening for the past 6 weeks, with details/plans changing by the minute and everyone rushing to try and get things as close to "normal" as possible even without hard or soft re-opening dates of any kind, regardless of industry.

Yes, Disney has been preparing since probably before they even shut down the parks in the first place. Some people get paid a lot of money to think about this day and night for the sake of the almighty dollar. I doubt their plans are perfect, but right now someone is crunching numbers on labor and operations to optimize opening as quickly as possible with as much revenue generated as possible out of every single guest despite lower attendance/resort occupancy/ongoing uncertainty.

Raise your hand if you work in Corporate America and know firsthand the daily/hourly "prep" meetings that have been happening for the past 6 weeks, with details/plans changing by the minute and everyone rushing to try and get things as close to "normal" as possible even without hard or soft re-opening dates of any kind, regardless of industry.

Yes, Disney has been preparing since probably before they even shut down the parks in the first place. Some people get paid a lot of money to think about this day and night for the sake of the almighty dollar. I doubt their plans are perfect, but right now someone is crunching numbers on labor and operations to optimize opening as quickly as possible with as much revenue generated as possible out of every single guest despite lower attendance/resort occupancy/ongoing uncertainty.

OK - you raised your hand. Tell us more.

Hand raised! I work for a hospital system, so yep, daily calls and planning on how to convince public it's okay and safe to come back! Ongoing even during height of cases because they know they have to get patients (customers) back eventually.
:D

OK - you raised your hand. Tell us more.

Well, I work in Corporate America for a huge 300 billion dollar company - my entire team except for me is on furlough (not complaining, I'm lucky...or work hard...maybe both) so it's just me in my marketing functional area handling 7 different retail/ecom brands and all of their marketing heads are wringing their hands about how to get customers back in the doors and recoup lost revenue as quickly as possible, what messages would be relevant to customers (discounts? safety precautions? new products?), honestly it's a huge guessing game because no one really knows but one we have to play. What else would you like to know?

Well, I work in Corporate America for a huge 300 billion dollar company - my entire team except for me is on furlough (not complaining, I'm lucky...or work hard...maybe both) so it's just me in my marketing functional area handling 7 different retail/ecom brands and all of their marketing heads are wringing their hands about how to get customers back in the doors and recoup lost revenue as quickly as possible, what messages would be relevant to customers (discounts? safety precautions? new products?), honestly it's a huge guessing game because no one really knows but one we have to play. What else would you like to know?

Good response. I have a feeling Disney is also at this point or hopefully a bit further along. I really can't imagine the extreme STRESS being felt in corporate america right now, I'm just glad I got out right before this all hit.

Jacksonville Mayor Curry is now giving an update. I know not Orlando but a few bits stood out related to this thread, one is face masks are recommended but not required; two, hotels are going to be able to reopen on Monday; three, residents of NY, CT, NJ and LA must pull over if they are driving into FL from I95 to fill out the form and self isolate for 14 days. The statistics he presented seem to be moving in a positive direction.

Edit - also misspoke as this was from yesterday. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter