Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacksonville Mayor Curry is now giving an update. I know not Orlando but a few bits stood out related to this thread, one is face masks are recommended but not required; two, hotels are going to be able to reopen on Monday; three, residents of NY, CT, NJ and LA must pull over if they are driving into FL from I95 to fill out the form and self isolate for 14 days. The statistics he presented seem to be moving in a positive direction.
That NY CT NJ and LA ban is the one I am watching. WDW will be open June/July IMO, but who will be allowed to come and when is what I wonder.

Good response. I have a feeling Disney is also at this point or hopefully a bit further along. I really can't imagine the extreme STRESS being felt in corporate america right now, I'm just glad I got out right before this all hit.

Stressful but not as stressful as people who have lost their jobs and worry about paying their rent/feeding their families/taking care of their bills and their health. I am extremely lucky and going to try and not sound quite so negative (sorry!) to say: things will get better, even if we don't know when or how, but there are definitely better days ahead and people working hard behind the scenes to make that happen for people :)

Disney is no doubt prepping for reopening and has been. All of their new/final procedures may not be in place just yet but they are certainly working on them daily. Like others have said they have been working on what to do, how to do it, and so much more since before the closure. This has never happened before so there is no blue print for it. They have to develop one and that is likely a longer process than it would be otherwise.

I'm sure Disney (along with Universal and other parks) can nudge the FL governor to put an end date on the restrictions in time for whatever "official" opening date they are planning for. There could still be a "soft" opening to locals only.
I wouldn't expect much notice on the actual opening date. They probably don't want to large crowd at first and that would be one way to minimize the amount of people coming.

Disney is no doubt prepping for reopening and has been. All of their new/final procedures may not be in place just yet but they are certainly working on them daily. Like others have said they have been working on what to do, how to do it, and so much more since before the closure. This has never happened before so there is no blue print for it. They have to develop one and that is likely a longer process than it would be otherwise.
Just look to how much time and prep is going into reopening Shanghai. I don’t know how you can dismiss that. It is all unprecedented I think Disney will be cautious.

Isn't how you describe humans how we got to this point? And other than eat and drink, what can't you do with a mask on except stick your tongue out at someone. As for a wet mask, folks bring dry clothes to change into at the parks all the time in case they get wet - so you bring a spare mask. Easy peasy.
Just want to note. I wear a mask for patient interaction. In that 15 minutes I'm starting to sweat as the temps are increasing with summer coming. This is inside. For me masks in outdoor Florida heat, masks will be soaked so fast I'd need a bag full for half a day.

I really think that will be lifted before parks open, though so many people vacation in other parts of Florida. It stinks for residents of the hot spot states who want to have a beach vacation.
You think they will be lifted because they're an inconvenience for everyone? Or because it is safe to do so?

Just want to note. I wear a mask for patient interaction. In that 15 minutes I'm starting to sweat as the temps are increasing with summer coming. This is inside. For me masks in outdoor Florida heat, masks will be soaked so fast I'd need a bag full for half a day.
Yeah, I would like to think I can manage a mask when I'm there, but I can barely deal with the heat and humidity as it is. I'm at the point where I want to go so badly that I will just do what I can, without risking passing out, to keep my exposure as minimal as possible. I don't think wearing a mask every minute will be part of that scheme. If it's required then so be it, I will do my very best to comply without complaint. If it's not required, I will wear one as much as I can manage.

Last edited:
Disney is probably not going to have many Canadians going to the parks for awhile. With the U.S. moving so quick to reopen where Canada is going very slow, its going to be very difficult to get medical insurance that's covers Covid-19. Its going to keep many Canadians home.

Agreed. Also,even if we're allowed across the border, chances are we'll be required to quarentine upon our return - not many people have 3 weeks they can use for vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter