Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Employees will be required to wear masks, not customers. A lawsuit was brought up last week that businesses can not require customers to wear masks, it needs to be a personal decision.
Waiting for the counter lawsuit from employees suing their employer for not making customers wear masks. I doubt either side would actually win but I’m not lawyer so who knows.

I've had to wear a surgical mask all the time at work for the last month. I also tried out a cloth mask for the first time this week. A few tips:

-wearing a surgical mask all day sucks. It is hot and gives me a headache.
-a cloth mask clearly provides nowhere near the protection the surgical mask does, because I can breath normally in it. It doesn't seal the way a surgical mask does.
-I'd have no problem wearing a cloth mask outside all day in any temp
-The issue is the comfort of the mask around the ears- if you are going to wear one in the parks, you need to try it on first for a long period of time. You may need to modify the ear bands. You can look up different ways online to do this (sewing buttons on a headband, getting a piece that goes around your neck to attach the ear bands to, etc)

Hope that helps someone!

Filing a lawsuit is easy, winning it is another thing. Airlines are requiring face masks, Costco is requiring it. We'll see how far it goes in the court.
Waiting for the counter lawsuit from employees suing their employer for not making customers wear masks. I doubt either side would actually win but I’m not lawyer so who knows.

Agree with both of you. Just relaying what was said on the Orange County Economic Recovery Task Force call today.

I read it as, "me too, that's what I'm waiting for" because I'm in Louisiana, but not in a hot spot here. I'm anxiously waiting for news that I can travel to Florida for my July 1 trip. I thought that's what this person was saying as well. Let's all simmer down. <3
Thats the big problem. Words can and do get taken out of context. As far as your trip goes, I hope and I feel like you'll be ok. My wife and I are going down on July 17th

How does everyone here feel about contact tracing apps (I believe there is a semi official google/apple app in usa?)

If there was somehow (hard to see how it would be enforced) mandatory use of the app for you to be allow perhaps into wdw would you use it?
I already do that every time I put on my MB.

I’m sure it’s not safe, but actually, a soaking wet mask (with water, not sweat) sounds like it would be WAY more comfortable to wear at Disney! Maybe I’ll try that! 😂
Have you seen the ones that go around the neck and up over your face. It looks like something you’d wear to rob a bank, but if you soaked it in ice water it might keep you cool.

That NY CT NJ and LA ban is the one I am watching. WDW will be open June/July IMO, but who will be allowed to come and when is what I wonder.

Same. I live in CT and while I am not in a "hotspot" part of the state, right now we couldn't go if we wanted to. Hoping by July the restrictions are lifted! Not a lot of people can go and quarantine for 2 weeks...

I am having a difficult time picturing how Disney will be able to implement effective social distancing with scooters (and I do NOT want to get into a discussion about the reasons why someone may need a scooter - if they break their leg or if they are in a high risk group, doesn't matter). What I am having a hard time with is implementing the modifications that we've been hearing, if there are scooters. One of the modifications is that there will be walking lanes in specific direction (to the right to enter the land or the store and to the left to leave the land and the store). You are responsible for staying in the "lane" and staying 6 feet behind the other party and 6 feet in front of the next one. But, scooters are notoriously hard for most to control to that level of precision. They cannot stop at a dime, they go at a different speed than walking and it takes a bit to slow down and it would be difficult to maneuver so that you are in a specific lane and staying 6 feet from the parties in front and around you. If I were Disney, I would allow wheelchairs, which keep at the same walking rate as everyone else and temporarily suspend scooters.
Disney won’t be that strict about 6 foot bubbles, it will be up to guests unless a group of them is violating it. It’s simply not practical to watch all guests all the time and get mad at the ones who go 4ft from someone else. And they definitely won’t ban ECVs. Have you pushed a WC? Jeez. The first few times it’s a mess. The idea of a bunch of new WC pushers in the parks should scare the living daylights out of you 😆

Disney is probably not going to have many Canadians going to the parks for awhile. With the U.S. moving so quick to reopen where Canada is going very slow, its going to be very difficult to get medical insurance that's covers Covid-19. Its going to keep many Canadians home.
I'm not sure we are opening more slowly. In my province we shut down early and we haven't had more than a new case or two in weeks and have lots of testing available. The same is happening in a number of other provinces. We started lifting restrictions yesterday, with more being lifted in the middle of this month.

That said you're right about the travel restrictions and medical insurance playing a role. The extra insurance I purchased last September no longer covers me for the trip. I guess that might lift if travel restrictions lifted.

I did read an article today where Air Canada thinks they will be back to worldwide travel by Christmas.

I'm not sure we are opening more slowly. In my province we shut down early and we haven't had more than a new case or two in weeks and have lots of testing available. The same is happening in a number of other provinces. We started lifting restrictions yesterday, with more being lifted in the middle of this month.

That said you're right about the travel restrictions and medical insurance playing a role. The extra insurance I purchased last September no longer covers me for the trip. I guess that might lift if travel restrictions lifted.

I did read an article today where Air Canada thinks they will be back to worldwide travel by Christmas.
I think the big thing is if the numbers in the U.S. don't drop a lot then insurance won't cover Covid-19.

Not sure if this has been said yet so I apologize. But disney springs calendar shows opening hours Sunday, May 24, 2020 10:00 AM - 12:00 AM. All days prior are showing closed. Do you guys think disney springs will open before everything else?

Not sure if this has been said yet so I apologize. But disney springs calendar shows opening hours Sunday, May 24, 2020 10:00 AM - 12:00 AM. All days prior are showing closed. Do you guys think disney springs will open before everything else?
A number of people suspect it will as it’s made up of many non-Disney owned businesses but nothing is known for sure yet.

Or they can be working on preparations now so that they can be ready as soon as possible when phase 2 starts.
They're likely working on logistics while working from home, yes. However, it's still going to take quite some time to train staff on new procedures, install spacing guidelines (if they use it), get attractions inspected and back up and running, and do test runs for all of their new procedures.

I cancelled my Costco membership because of it. I can protest with my wallet.
Not all airlines are requiring it.
My daughter works at Costco in the pharmacy. She hates wearing a mask but I’m glad they are making customers wear masks. I want her to be protected as much as possible. If I was a cm and was required to wear a mask I would want everyone to have wear one. If employees have to customers should also.

They're likely working on logistics while working from home, yes. However, it's still going to take quite some time to train staff on new procedures, install spacing guidelines (if they use it), get attractions inspected and back up and running, and do test runs for all of their new procedures.
I think they will likely do something like Shanghai has done and let cast members and their families in to test some of their procedures before opening. I am working on a reopening plan for a cultural institution and we would like to have our frontline staff in place for at least a week to test out all of the procedural changes we are working on before we open. I can’t imagine that Disney will just throw some tape on the ground, have the staff back for a few days of training to tell them “just seat people every other row” and then let the general public in.

All of the parks and water parks currently show hours for 5/24, too. I wouldn't read anything into it at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter