Rumored Changes to G+

i mean yeah...but a few years ago Iger stated that they didnt have a need for some of the promos they had and were going to start rolling them back. Dont ask me to find the article, if you dont believe me, thats fine. Covid and revenge travel gave them a chance to do just that.

the parks have been reopened from Covid for almost 4 years now, free dining hasnt been offered since the parks shut down for covid, until this summer. They're not offering free dining if attendance hasnt ticked down some.

I"m not saying is way down, but i'm saying revenge travel is probably over, and they arent getting as many guests as they did in 22 or 23.
In a way...we are saying the same thing. I just have no interest in comparing the current dip against what was ultimately Disney's super bowl years. Truly a perfect storm where everything that could go their way, went their way to spike attendance (revenge travel, the 50th, interest rate freezes on college loans, money literally handed out to families for thousands of dollars between the CARES ACT and American Rescue Plan, overseas travel restrictions). Trying to judge today against that backdrop from the end of 2021 to spring break 2023 is going to guarantee Disney looks like it's losing customers. Bringing back promotions that they regularly ran pre-covid doesn't spell doom or desperation to me which some of the posters seem to be feeling, rather just a return to normal, and its also a trend I see from some of the more sensationalized bloggers looking for clicks. Now if next year numbers dip again, and the year after that numbers dip again...maybe it's something to really look into.

Yes and this is why people should be spending less time looking at attendance or hotel rooms sold. They are not cramming people into WDW like 2019. That is not the current business model.
IMO it's a flawed one. Theme parks are meant to have big crowds. More people in the door the higher merch and food sales will be. That's there the money is.

To combat that they need to add more attractions to every park. Instead Iger and the board think raising prices and pushing people from affording it is the answer.

Trust me, they are down....thats why they have all these promotions....and deluxe is down more than every other category.....and this report directly contradicts your chart
We stay in a very specific deluxe category year after year. If booking is indeed down this year, then it's likely due to Disney intentionally keeping it down. We're getting a meager 10% discount for this year when it used to be 35-40% pre-Covid and 25-35% last year. We're going in a few weeks and I should expect a semi-empty hotel then?

Guest spend is up $100/room night vs pre-Covid. That is a fact.View attachment 836018

Is there data somewhere on the Disney Hotels cost per night from 2019, compared to 2023? They seem quite a bit higher than I remember, but have no data.

On average they might be lower in 2023, but might be $100 more for all I know.

Either way, adding "free" Genie plus or EP like US will really push them further.

I think it's great that Universal offers different AP levels. I don't think it's fair to mention an Universal AP for $400 without discussing its limitations. If you're not from Florida, then the rate you got is a renewal rate, since none of the non-Floridian passes are sold for $400 or less right now.

Regarding the block out dates, this is what's being shown right now on the Universal sites for their 15 month AP.
View attachment 836069View attachment 836070

For a Power Pass, there are 42 guaranteed block out dates and 10 potential block out dates. That is almost 2 months of no access.

For a Seasonal Pass, there are 93 block outs plus another 10 concert dates. That's over 3 months with no access.
Sure, you are right, there are over two months of blockout dates if you add them all up. Those are the dates I don't want to be anywhere near the parks personally. Our passes were purchased in 2022, rates have gone up. I should compare current with current. Today six passes would cost me $3150 for 15 months of access (or actually about 314 days of access which includes 126 blackout dates) to the three parks compared to $4620 for 10 days total tickets to the parks at Disney.

Anywhoo....this is a thread about Genie+ so sorry to derail the conversation.

Last edited:
Hey guys. Just checking in since Disney said they are giving a free water park day 1 year from now, so surely this announcement about genie should happen soon right since its been many months since that announcement?

That's the sarcasm in me ;]
I truly believe that Disney will not leave money on the table that they can grab with possible pre-booking of LLs. Unless DAS has them in a hard spot that they can't fix.

I truly believe that Disney will not leave money on the table that they can grab with possible pre-booking of LLs. Unless DAS has them in a hard spot that they can't fix.
I heard that the possiblity for the delay in changed has to do with the Six Flags lawsuit and using a third party to run their DAS system

I believe it has to do with DAS.
Which that lawsuit is about. My guess is they would like to go the Universal route and leave it up to a third party.

IMO it doesn't matter what they do cause all it does is move around the deck chairs. Between DAS and Genie+ users, there is too many using the system that it can handle. It's why do many attractions run out so quickly

Which that lawsuit is about. My guess is they would like to go the Universal route and leave it up to a third party.

IMO it doesn't matter what they do cause all it does is move around the deck chairs. Between DAS and Genie+ users, there is too many using the system that it can handle. It's why do many attractions run out so quickly
The lawsuit is about ADA discrimination......I believe a disabled vet was suing them because the third party co. they use was making him prove his disability and that's in violation of the ADA.

"A California Army veteran is suing Six Flags over the disability access policy at parks. The suit says it prevents the full and equal enjoyment of the services and facilities at Six Flags Amusement Parks by requiring guests to give sensitive personal information and medical documentation to receive accommodations."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter