Running costumes

For Princess I am running as Mrs. Incredible. I have a red tank that I am putting an iron on patch on. The directions say to "set" the patch by washing the shirt on hot water. I am nervous to do this as we all know what happens when you wash a red shirt in hot water! i have already washed the tank in cold water. Wanting opinions on whether it would be fine to just put the patch on and run Princess without washing it with the patch on it first? My DD26 thinks I should just put the patch on and wash in hot water like the directions say. I do have some color catcher sheets I could wash with it. I'm nervous about the shirt shrinking too. Decisions, decisions! And I'm running out of time to decide!

I don't know about hot water, but I did an iron-on to a tank for my Buzz Lightyear costume. I did a test run without washing it first and the red actually ran a bit down the white tank, which was very attractive! So I rinsed it to get the run color out and then washed it in cold and it was fine after that.

I'm having serious Princess Weekend "costume" regret. I was planning to go Sebastian > Flounder > Ariel, but they all feel so "meh" to me.

Anyone running Princess? What are your costumes for the weekend?

Hey Gang, I know wigs are fine, BUT have you done a half marathon in a wig? I have a nice one and it's perfect for my character/costume, but I keep debating over this. It's got some weight to it but if I position it right it's comfortable. Have you done it? Would you do it again? Suggestions to get me through the long haul?

PS - I haven't taken it for a training run yet, but plan to do so. Even with that I want to be comfortable as possible.

TIA!

I am interested to hear from those that have run in wigs. My plan is to be in one for Princess weekend.

I'm having serious Princess Weekend "costume" regret. I was planning to go Sebastian > Flounder > Ariel, but they all feel so "meh" to me.

I am! I'm running for Team TAPS and doing GSC so for the 10k I plan to do a patriotic theme and for the Half I'm doing Ariel. I have to wear the TAPS singlet for the Half, so I have an Ariel skirt and bow to go over my ponytail most likely, but I'm trying to think of other ways I can make my costume more Ariel-like. I debated getting bright red hair spray. I do where a hat for the runs.

I'm running Princess and I was originally going all out by doing Dreamfinder > Rapunzel > Anna, but then I realized I am way too lazy for this but I already have some of the fabric/skirts so now I'm thinking Sailor Minnie (because we're doing the cruise right after so I'll be prepared for both 5ks) > Leia > Rapunzel or just Sailor Minnie > Rapunzel since I haven't gotten the fabric for Leia yet. I was just mind blown when a friend pointed out that Leia was technically a Disney princess now so I kind of wanted to run as her.

My original plan was Princess Leia, but then DS 8 saw the Force Awakens and he wanted me to do Rey instead. So, Rey it is... But I'm feeling it isn't princess-y, so I'm having regrets. But the hair is perfect for running a race!

My original plan was Princess Leia, but then DS 8 saw the Force Awakens and he wanted me to do Rey instead. So, Rey it is... But I'm feeling it isn't princess-y, so I'm having regrets. But the hair is perfect for running a race!
I'd already decided to run as Jane Porter- but when searching for a dark green running skirt I saw Sparkle Skirts has a really cute Rey costume. She is kind of perfect for racing. I imagine there will be a lot of her at the Star Wars race.
Jane costume is going to end up more Jane Disney-bounding than costume- NO ONE makes dark green running skirts. And it is surprisingly difficult to find a yellow running shirt that isn't green. I have a black running skirts skirt that I may tack some green fabric over, and the yellowist running shirt I can find. A pair of gloves and her purple tie is the best I can do.

I'd already decided to run as Jane Porter- but when searching for a dark green running skirt I saw Sparkle Skirts has a really cute Rey costume. She is kind of perfect for racing. I imagine there will be a lot of her at the Star Wars race.

That is the costume I got!!! I was worried about the tails hitting my legs and being obnoxious or annoying for 13+ miles, but the fabric is super lightweight and will be perfect. I'm excited!

I'm sewing our skirts for W&D and would like more fabric options. For anyone that has made their own costume where have you gotten your fabric? I already know about Joann's, Hobby Lobby and Etsy. I also know Hancock is closing and I'm not ready to buy even if they had something since we haven't figured our costumes out yet. I'm ok with online only as long as the quality and price are decent. Thanks!

For Spandex: Spandex Warehouse and Spandex World, I think they're called.

Also Spoonflower - you can design your own there.

Me too!!

Has anyone figured out for sure what their costume will be??

I have loads of ideas but haven't committed to one yet.

All I have is A & K Run the World but I don't know if we'll use that or come up with something else or even what that means. I've been looking at fabric online, well disbound our costume so I found some maybes but I'm still at a loss.

Me too!!

Has anyone figured out for sure what their costume will be??

I have loads of ideas but haven't committed to one yet.
I know what my wine & dine outfits will be based on, but they are usually just regular running clothes with themed shirts/embellishments & one is a reuse outfit.

I'm sewing our skirts for W&D and would like more fabric options. For anyone that has made their own costume where have you gotten your fabric? I already know about Joann's, Hobby Lobby and Etsy. I also know Hancock is closing and I'm not ready to buy even if they had something since we haven't figured our costumes out yet. I'm ok with online only as long as the quality and price are decent. Thanks!
fabric.com maybe, I don't sew running clothes but have bought material for other things from them.

Hello everyone! I am sorry if this question has been answered on this thread already, but I was wondering if you have any recommendations for an online shop to order custom-made shirts from? My parents, DH, and I were wanting to get customized shirts ("I run for dole whip," "I run for Tonga Toast," etc.) for the 5K in January. Any suggestions for a good place to look?

Hello everyone! I am sorry if this question has been answered on this thread already, but I was wondering if you have any recommendations for an online shop to order custom-made shirts from? My parents, DH, and I were wanting to get customized shirts ("I run for dole whip," "I run for Tonga Toast," etc.) for the 5K in January. Any suggestions for a good place to look?
@ZellyB has gotten some great shirts made in the past!

Thanks for the tag @Ariel484 I've used this company http://www.nduranc.com/ They are really easy to work with and the shirts are a nice lightweight wicking material. Rather than screen printing (which can really make shirts hot), they do some process where they somehow dye the design into the fabric so it doesn't lose breathability and wicking. They can design something for you or you can give them your own design. You just fill out the request form and they email you back. Super easy.

@ZellyB has gotten some great shirts made in the past!

Thanks for the tag @Ariel484 I've used this company http://www.nduranc.com/ They are really easy to work with and the shirts are a nice lightweight wicking material. Rather than screen printing (which can really make shirts hot), they do some process where they somehow dye the design into the fabric so it doesn't lose breathability and wicking. They can design something for you or you can give them your own design. You just fill out the request form and they email you back. Super easy.

Great! Thank you for the information. That sounds exactly like what we're looking for. I appreciate it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter