Ryan Seacrest

I am not sure why they didn't go into guest hosts to do tryouts like Jeopardy.

Vanna can go as far as I am concerned unfortunately. She's very dry and seems uncomfortable all the time. HOWEVER - UGH - She's treated like a show piece that just needs to look pretty and her role should have been modernized and been made to be more respectful years ago.

There's still so much drama about the tryouts. It was a little different with Jeopardy because of the death of the previous host and the desire to honor what he brought to the game show. With Pat just retiring, it's a little looser and easier to transition.

From what my mother (a daily viewer) said -- she is actually uncomfortable and has had back or neck surgery. Can't find a source on that beyond my mother, though.

Ugh. Not a fan of Pat Sajak-- he's insults too many of the contestants for my taste and plays it off as a joke. Most of the time DH and l look for something else after Jeopardy.

I agree that Vanna is useless and her position is not needed. If I were the producers I wouldn't negotiate a new contract with her.

Now to Ryan Seacrest. Adding him won't get me to watch. He irritates me for some reason and is too over exposed.

Tryouts with various potential hosts would accomplish nothing and simply give the social media crowd something else to be outraged about. Exactly what criteria would the producers use to compare potentials hosts? All of that seems very arbitrary and the show producers would still have to decide based on something. I also agree that R. Seacrest seems to already have more then enough jobs to keep him busy.

Surprised that LeVar Burton is not being given a trial run after all the hubub with the Jepoardy host selection. Seems like WoF learned the lesson; just pick a host - done, no need for all the drama.

Not a fan of Ryan Seacrest, seems very self-absorbed, aloof, has a big ego and constantly seemed to be trying to overplay his minor role on American Idol.

You do know Ryan has been the only constant on American Idol for the past 21 seasons. They had a revolving door of different judges. For better or worse, he is the consistent "glue" for that show. So, yeah, he's going to play up his part and do what he can to show he's needed and relevant.

Thank God. I heard Whoopi Goldberg say she wanted that job because it looked like a lot of fun. I threw up in my mouth a little.

Vanna can go as far as I am concerned unfortunately. She's very dry and seems uncomfortable all the time. HOWEVER - UGH - She's treated like a show piece that just needs to look pretty and her role should have been modernized and been made to be more respectful years ago.

She was never meant to talk originally. And yes, she seems very uncomfortable when talking like she doesn't do that much of it in real life. :laughing: Her voice just doesn't have the differences in tone, pitch and modulation and whatever that would make her a great good talking host.

I do agree the show needs to be modernized and with a woman's role who is more than be a showy trophy display piece.

You do know Ryan has been the only constant on American Idol for the past 21 seasons. They had a revolving door of different judges. For better or worse, he is the consistent "glue" for that show. So, yeah, he's going to play up his part and do what he can to show he's needed and relevant.

I think American Idol would get along just fine if Ryan moved on. The show is mostly about the contestants and the judging and he has never had anything to do with that. Having the same 3 judges the past few years who seem to get along well together has made the show work. That revolving door of celebrities and those not even in the music business was part of why the show was floundering in the past. I stopped watching in the past since I couldn't stand the rude/condescending attitude of S. Cowell toward the contestants. Even if the attitude was an act, you can still critique performances without belittling people and trying to be overtly rude with your remarks. Personally, I think American Idol has also had its 15 minutes of fame.

Last edited:
To me a good game show host is like a good official at a sporting event. Invisible.

Ryan Seacrest might pretend to be squeaky clean but lest we forget he’s the maniac that thrust the Kardashians on the world all those years ago. I think he’s slimy. Gives me the icks.

Ryan Seacrest might pretend to be squeaky clean but lest we forget he’s the maniac that thrust the Kardashians on the world all those years ago. I think he’s slimy. Gives me the icks.

Not to mention, he may be gay. (Not that there's anything wrong with that, IMO.) Tom Cruise is still holding off on coming out and his career is doing fine. So, maybe Ryan is doing the same. For instance, some may have a problem if he is to host a show for Disney. . . in Florida, if he came out. :rolleyes1 :duck: :stir:

I think American Idol would get along just fine if Ryan moved on. The show is mostly about the contestants and the judging and he has never had anything to do with that. Having the same 3 judges the past few years who seem to get along well together has made the show work. That revolving door of celebrities and those not even in the music business was part of why the show was floundering in the past. I stopped watching in the past since I couldn't stand the rude/condescending attitude of S. Cowell toward the contestants. Even if the attitude was an act, you can still critique performances without belittling people and trying to be overtly rude with your remarks. Personally, I think American Idol has also had its 15 minutes of fame.
Idol was different when Simon was on. It had a different schtick. For the early auditions they brought on truly horrendous singers. Remember William Hung? The show was heavily based around criticizing bad singers and Simon was good at that.

Not to mention, he may be gay. (Not that there's anything wrong with that, IMO.) Tom Cruise is still holding off on coming out and his career is doing fine. So, maybe Ryan is doing the same. For instance, some may have a problem if he is to host a show for Disney. . . in Florida, if he came out. :rolleyes1 :duck: :stir:
Maybe Ryan should do a "jumping on the couch" interview somewhere. To express his excitement over the new gig.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter