sales tax on park hoppers

lmmmdtmlem

Mouseketeer
I hope this isn't a stupid question but I seem to remember reading a post somewhere about not having to pay Florida sales tax on your tickets if you purchase them online and have them mailed to you when you live in a state outside of Florida. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Also, which is the best website for ordering tickets if this is the case? Thanks for any help!

try for comparison AAA and then ticketmania.com, at the TDS you still get charged FL state tax rate, even if you dont live in FL

I know this for a fact too. Last year I drove to a Disney Store in DE, the home of no sales tax, thinking I could avoid paying tax on 3 annual passes. The CM kindly informed me that, no matter where you buy your tickets, you pay sales tax. I also found out that you can buy a voucher, which is mailed to you in a few weeks, but you cannot buy an AP itself anywhere except at the parks or a WDW resort. Unless it helps in budgeting, it makes no sense to buy tickets early.

The difference in sales tax is that you always pay Florida sales tax, regardless of where you buy your tickets. In a lot of places, this can save you a little money because the tax rate is 6%, and a lot of places have higher sales tax.

The tax on WDW tickets is actually a Florida state entertainment tax (6%, I thnik), not the regular sales tax.

sales tax on the tickets are 6%. but if you make a purchase at one of the all stars the sales tax is 7%. I noticed this awhile back and asked about it last month. seems the all-stars are in a different county and the sales taxes is higher. Same for the resort tax too--the all-stars are 1% higher.

Thanks for all of the input everybody. I have now compared all of my prices based on 6% sales tax. I think I have finally decided that the best deal I can get is from AAA. After checking several of the online ticket sites, including DIS and several others, AAA will be the best bet. Partly because I won't have to pay any shipping costs. Thanks again!

Julie:D

<i>I also found out that you can buy a voucher, which is mailed to you in a few weeks, but you cannot buy an AP itself anywhere except at the parks or a WDW resort. </i>

You can also get the AP at the Disney store in the airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter